Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Unleashed is Out Now on PC | MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• Th3M3nT0rTh3M3nT0r Newbie CommonPosts: 10

I have a 3080 so I haven't noticed any performance issues (*smirk*); not sure why the game has so many negative reviews its actually not bad and quite graphically pleasing.

Your video card utilization is 100% even at normal settings. If u still play it burn u card within a week.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    What's funny is reading what people are saying in the steam's discussion board. So many people don't know this is not the first time this game was released. Its insane.
    [Deleted User]

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited August 2021
    Bloodaxes said:
    What's funny is reading what people are saying in the steam's discussion board. So many people don't know this is not the first time this game was released. Its insane.
    I think the majority of gamers don't really follow games, meaning spend much time reading about them or tracking what comes up.

More often than not their awareness probably comes from streamers, ads, word of mouth from friends etc.

Another thing is there are just so many games these days, (and so many gamers) folks here are always talking about games they are going to play I've never even heard of, sometimes even being the 3rd or 4th in a series.

It's a lot like television entertainment these days, quite often my wife and I will describe a new show we've just seen to friends or family and they will never have even heard of it.

Then they turn around to do the same and we're like, nope, never heard of that show before.

Even when shows or movies are recommended we often don't have time to watch them.  

Hmm, come to think of it, very similar situation in my Steam library, must have a dozen or more games I've now ownd for two or three years that came highly recommended but I still haven't found time to even break the seal so to speak.

Reading books, once a favorite hobby, haven't looked at one in more years than I can recall, just no time anymore.

[Deleted User]ScotGobstopper3DTacticalZombeh

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Kyleran said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    I think the majority of gamers don't really follow games, meaning spend much time reading about them or tracking what comes up.

More often than not their awareness probably comes from streamers, ads, word of mouth from friends etc.

Another thing is there are just so many games these days, (and so many gamers) folks here are always talking about games they are going to play I've never even heard of, sometimes even being the 3rd or 4th in a series.

It's a lot like television entertainment these days, quite often my wife and I will describe a new show we've just seen to friends or family and they will never have even heard of it.

Then they turn around to do the same and we're like, nope, never heard of that show before.

Even when shows or movies are recommended we often don't have time to watch them.  

Hmm, come to think of it, very similar situation in my Steam library, must have a dozen or more games I've now ownd for two or three years that came highly recommended but I still haven't found time to even break the seal so to speak.

Reading books, once a favorite hobby, haven't looked at one in more years than I can recall, just no time anymore.
    I noticed in the latest MMO round up I had not heard of one of the titles, we don't lack for quantity but can innovation establish itself when there is a relentless tide of the same old gameplay wrapped in ribbon as "the new".
    Kyleran
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited August 2021
    Th3M3nT0r said:

I have a 3080 so I haven't noticed any performance issues (*smirk*); not sure why the game has so many negative reviews its actually not bad and quite graphically pleasing.

Your video card utilization is 100% even at normal settings. If u still play it burn u card within a week.
    Most video cards aren't harmed by 100% utilization.

The problem is that no-one knows the actual 100% utilization threshold of what the card can handle. Instead manufacturers try to configure their high-end GPUs to run as close to the limit as possible.

Then when you get a game that runs at 100% utilization for long times, you'll get 24 high end video cards that are blazingly fast and aren't harmed at all, and 1 high-end video card that's set up to run faster than its hardware can physically handle.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Aori said:
    If you preordered the founders packs the first time, its your fault and if you bought it after the fact, its even more your fault because everyone knew it was a dumpster fire.

I suspect Round8 is the same Neowiz development studio that worked on the game. Either way, they know the type of people who buy founders packs and they know they'll buy them again. 

I think reviewing a game based on past releases is stupid and disingenuous. They didn't make you buy the game.
    More like not taking past releases into account at all in situation like this is stupid and disingenous:

If, as you say, everyone knew the past release was a dumpster fire. Then it follows that Neowiz has a business strategy of hyping dumpster fires, cashing out the hype, and abandoning it. That's something everyone who thinks about doing business with Neowiz should know. At least with MMOs that will die if their support and updates are stopped.
    [Deleted User]

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    There's no doubt it is certainly "buyer beware" with this game and company.
    [Deleted User]
    edited August 2021
    Kyleran said:

Yeah, that's very true. I also have many games I bought and never played (yet). I tried to stop myself from buying new games until I finish older ones I bought, but sometimes you just want the new shiny apple not the old one.

I mainly commented because I just found it funny how people are comparing Bless and New World as if they're both recently developed games haha. They're stating how Bless has more content and is what an MMO should be like.

Just googling Bless anyone can realise it has been developed years ago and been "refined/rehashed" a couple times. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I still shake my head how so many people still don't research a little before buying games. Especially this year, there have been a lot of terrible launches (dungeons & dragon dark alliance being a big one for me). Wait and see is the new mentality for me for 99% of the games. I no longer trust the majority of developers.
    Kyleran

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited August 2021
    Bloodaxes said:
    Kyleran said:

Yeah, that's very true. I also have many games I bought and never played (yet). I tried to stop myself from buying new games until I finish older ones I bought, but sometimes you just want the new shiny apple not the old one.

I mainly commented because I just found it funny how people are comparing Bless and New World as if they're both recently developed games haha. They're stating how Bless has more content and is what an MMO should be like.

Just googling Bless anyone can realise it has been developed years ago and been "refined/rehashed" a couple times. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I still shake my head how so many people still don't research a little before buying games. Especially this year, there have been a lot of terrible launches (dungeons & dragon dark alliance being a big one for me). Wait and see is the new mentality for me for 99% of the games. I no longer trust the majority of developers.
    New World does need to keep ramping up on content. Its still not where it needs to be. But I do agree these two games and the team making them, are not in the same league. 
    [Deleted User]BloodaxesKyleran
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Aori said:
    ...snip...
    I suspect Round8 is the same Neowiz development studio that worked on the game. Either way, they know the type of people who buy founders packs and they know they'll buy them again. 

I think reviewing a game based on past releases is stupid and disingenuous. They didn't make you buy the game.

...snip,,,

What neowiz did is the very definition of disingenuous.  

Talk about stupid...lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Nanfoodle said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Kyleran said:

New World does need to keep ramping up on content. Its still not where it needs to be. But I do agree these two games and the team making them, are not in the same league. 
    Totally agree. I was going to wait and see with NW, but in like 6 months they added so much content (albeit rehashed some enemies) that I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

If the game becomes a success, there shouldn't be any reason for them to slow down production of content.
    Nanfoodle

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited August 2021
    "It's free, so why not?"

OK. Being very bored after playing the NW beta and wanting much more of that, I DL'd and installed to see for myself.

1. Deep character creator with millions of teenage supermodel possibilities, I struggled trying to make an old Gandalf-like human mage and finally had to opt for bald since any version of long hair makes you look like you just had a $70 cut and style. I was getting close to having a character that at least looked 27+ when the game crashed right in the character creator.

2. Not deterred by the crash inconvenience, I rebooted and managed to get my "older" mage created.

3. On to the tutorial where I unlocked my first combo! What is it with games and all these robotic actions you must do in a precise order to get the cool results? Are they developed by and for those who still think the Konami code (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start) is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

4. After the tutorial I ("Sleepy head") was bombarded with a steady stream of cleanliness, prettyness and vomit inducing cuteness. I even had a quest NPC who looked like she might be 20, and that's being generous, call me "my child"...!... like WTF kid, can't you tell by my bald head and white beard that I'm at last 7 years older than you?

5. Whatever... carried on after the evil doers destroyed the town and all of its people and I was pleasantly surprised that the first things I had to kill were wolves and then bandits. There were no evil plants or mushrooms anywhere in sight... yet... they're coming though. We all know they're coming.

That's as far as I got and likely to ever get.

See? I didn't even have to mention P2W, ads for the cash shop nor any other predatory monetization. You too can intensely dislike this without needing to resort to cliches.

:)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    This version is garbage

the version before that was garbage

the next version will be garbage ...

Nanfoodle
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Scorchien said:
    This version is garbage

the next version will be garbage ...

what about the one after that?
    Scorchien
  • MD24MD24 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    the SK company is beating a dead horse, just like other SK mmos.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Kyleran said:

If everyone just liked the same things as I do the world would be a better place.

Losers.

;)

I see you haven't changed Kyleran. :). What is this, the 4th or 5th attempt at this game? I've lost track at this point. Given forced PvP after level 30, its not a game I'd play in any event. Yes, I'm still a Care Bear, why would that ever change? :)
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • MorbeousMorbeous Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Numbers playing are increasing though so cant be as bad as people make out.  Hit a new peak today of 76342 players online
    Kyleran
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    i will check it out, was waiting forever for this to come to PC, but this is just AWFUL timing. So many games are releasing new content and doing events, and new betas and alphas releasing right now,
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    The combat is OK, the story is meh.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I wonder how many people judging harshly here have actually played both versions, and for more then two hours. Comments like ‘releasing the same game again’ and ‘worse game(s) ever!’ make me believe very few really have to be honest.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SovrathKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    lahnmir said:
    I wonder how many people judging harshly here have actually played both versions, and for more then two hours. Comments like ‘releasing the same game again’ and ‘worse game(s) ever!’ make me believe very few really have to be honest.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    But in all fairness, considering how earlier releases turned out perhaps it's more a matter of principle, that there should be no forgiveness for past bad behaviors?

Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    But in all fairness, considering how earlier releases turned out perhaps it's more a matter of principle, that there should be no forgiveness for past bad behaviors?

Principles based on inaccuracy or downright faulty assumptions aren’t really worth considering in my opinion. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    lahnmir said:
    Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Principles based on inaccuracy or downright faulty assumptions aren’t really worth considering in my opinion. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Can you sum up for us what has changed from previous launches of this MMO. I think there were two?
    Scot said:
    lahnmir said:
    Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Can you sum up for us what has changed from previous launches of this MMO. I think there were two?
    It is basically an entirely new game using the setting, races etc. of the old one including lots of assets, parts of the map, quest lines etc.

Most noticeably compared to the old one are:

- Performance
    - The world (the old one had huge empty wastes, haven’t found them here)
    - The combat system
    - I think it looks much better
    - The questing

The differences between Bless Online and Bless Unleashed are much bigger then, say, between FFXIV and FFXIV:ARR. The latter went from bad to good, the first went from below average to decent. Even OG Bless Online wasn’t as horrid as people make it out to be, it just wasn’t really good.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]Scot