Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are You Going To Play New World? | MMORPG.com

Comments

• KSibKSib Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I'm going to play it but my expectations are really low. I feel like lost ark will be the better of the two MMOs by far. I think even Amazon Games feels that way. Go to their homepage and see what's front and center.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Yup. I liked my time in the betas.
    [Deleted User]
  • mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    While I enjoyed the closed beta I will not be playing live. This has more to do with how mouse clicky the game is than anything else. I work with my hands all day long and after just a few hours over 4 days I found that my right forearm and wrist hurt so much That I ended up losing a few days of work to recover. I wish the game and those who do play lots of fun.
    kitarad
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    No not interested at all...i watched a couple of vids on Youtbue...The combat looks a bit dull and it just doesn't thrill me...i'm not into PVP and I have no interest giving Amazon more money....i'll find a nice indie game where the studio can really use the money.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    While I enjoyed the closed beta I will not be playing live. This has more to do with how mouse clicky the game is than anything else. I work with my hands all day long and after just a few hours over 4 days I found that my right forearm and wrist hurt so much That I ended up losing a few days of work to recover. I wish the game and those who do play lots of fun.
    Oh dear I cannot play this in that case. I am already having all kinds of issues from wrist to elbow to forearm ache and I foresee this game will exacerbate my problems. I guess I am too achy for this game.
    mysticmouse

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    i'll catch it late in 2022, but certainly not in september
    Kyleran
  • hupahupa Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Yeah, but won't be doing any pvp. I'm mostly interested in crafting
  • urshilikaiurshilikai Member UncommonPosts: 1
    no, amazon is not an ethical company.
    GroqstrongnursoKyleranMcSleaz
  • lddiamondlddiamond Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I'm waiting, If the game survives its first 6 months and has a decent player base I'll dive in then.

Just from what I seen, I don't think the game will last.

Don't get me wrong, I want it to succeed. But I dont think it will.
    YashaX
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited August 2021
    I like many things i've seen on live streams so far, but i'll decide to play it or not after I see more in depth videos on how magic based gameplay works in the game.

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,267
    It's a decent game. I felt like the world was a little smaller and less mysterious that I had hoped but gameplay was decent and I have hope for a PvP environment that pulls people in to a feeling of "faction pride".
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    edited August 2021
    Definately love that PvP is everywhere, that the world is populated, graphics are amazing, and the sound effects are some of the best in an MMO. Crafting wasnt a tedious chore and was simple to use, also never had so much fun gathering and watching flames or electicity come out of plants lol. Honestly it was hard to put it down. I only played the first week because I wanted to keep the excitement for the launch.
    YashaXultimateduck[Deleted User]
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    You mean "are you going to play nw next year once its finally out... maybe even 2023?"

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I like many things i've seen on live streams so far, but i'll decide to play it or not after I see more in depth videos on how magic based gameplay works in the game.
    It's a PvP video but this should give you an idea of pure mage gameplay (Fire Staff + Ice Gauntlet.) This guy is also using light armor which is evident because his dodges are roll doges which can only happen if your armor is below a certain weight - that also gives you +20% damage.

rojoArcueid[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    Not for me.

I was very intrigued by the initial vision for the game, I thought it was genuinely interesting and very different from everything that came before it.

However, that initial vision never got remotely close to being built which is a huge shame, and the game that did get built simply isn't to my tastes. It was always going to be a tall order with me as I don't enjoy action combat, but if the rest of the game had lived up to the initial vision then I would have at least given it a proper go at launch.
    ultimateduck
  • fubarbox1fubarbox1 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    If I had to buy it I would not be playing because there is not enough of what I like. I like PVP, but I am much more of a PVE player. I am glad they have pivoted to offering PVE, but there still isn't enough yet. For some reason the game gave me an Eq1 vibe while playing and I enjoyed the graphics, which is great. Because of that I will play it since I got a free copy (I preordered it in 2016 when it was free), but very casually while hoping for more robust PVE.
    Setzer
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Maybe,, later. I was excited for Solo but with the pve focus and tech issues i had during launch that killed my steam for it. My eye is now on Elyon! If Elyon flops or falls through w/e then i very well may give new world a go.

Witty & Wicked >:)

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited August 2021
    Yes! I've taken a couple years off of MMORPGs. Really enjoyed the Beta. My body is ready.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

Joined - July 2004

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    edited August 2021
    I'm in, guilded and recruiting for launch. Marauders faction on Thule. 156 hours logged in the Beta, core of the guild has about 500 hrs logged, looking for more filthy casuals looking to play the game at their own pace and not feel the need to race to cap in 2 days. Haven't been this excited for a game since playing EQ back in Kunark. Glad for a real option since Pantheon has soiled it's bedding more and more since the passing of Brad.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • elfdragon21elfdragon21 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    edited August 2021
    Yes. I do think I will get bored after a while, but I will enjoy it for a few months.
    ultimateduck[Deleted User]
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    I really tried hard to enjoy this. Even tho there are a lot of positive things that I like about it, for example the environment, sound effects etc, I just cannot get into the combat itself which is a HUGE negative for me. The animations, combat, the lack of a proper jumping... When these things come together the game turns into an unbearable mess for me. I will continue to play Albion and Gw2 while waiting for Lost Ark I guess...
  • RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Yes!
    [Deleted User]

Redsalt... the other salt.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Iselin said:
    It's a PvP video but this should give you an idea of pure mage gameplay (Fire Staff + Ice Gauntlet.) This guy is also using light armor which is evident because his dodges are roll doges which can only happen if your armor is below a certain weight - that also gives you +20% damage.

Here is some mage/dex fighter build gameplay:

[Deleted User]Iselin[Deleted User]
  • SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited August 2021
    yup definitely, may not be there on launch day, and will be casual.
    haven't tried the beta, though I did try the alpha last year.   strictly a pve player... 

Post edited by SKurj on
  • drumchannelldrumchannell Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Absolutely, I will be playing the biggest MMORPG since World of Warcraft.