Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World launch delayed to September 28

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Bah.

I was ready to keep playing it as it was :)
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

YashaXTokken

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Yup.  And that's my Anniversary and heading out for a week....

SUUUUUUCKS....

Tokken

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Maybe the dreadful char creator may get some love. Its no where near triple A quality. Sadly SC looks  10 x  better in this area. Sad even. 
    Tokken
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    edited August 2021
    Arrrrrrgghhh.  Am I upset sure I feel the game could have launched and fixed with balance patches but they want this to be the smoothest launch possible.  There are some glaring balance issues with some builds and some xp exploits that need to be addessed.  However I hope they dont mess with pvp scaling to cater to the streamers.

Im sure we will get another CB to test the new changes.  I guess Crowfall has me for another 2 months.
    Tokken
  • BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

I'm not surprised at all. The game itself is really light on content as it is, so we will see if its still here in 6 months or so. At that price tag I still think its worth a try if you are craving something new and different. Even if you only spend something like 40 hours in it.

Tokken
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Honestly, I'm glad they keep reworking things due to feedback. I enjoyed the last beta and hope it comes out in a more solid state.
    Asm0deusTokken
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Mmhhh... how many times will they keep doing that ?
    Slightly worried, to be honest.
    We know Amazon's history with games...
    It's a company with very deep pockets. Releasing to start the cash rolling in is not as crucial to them as it would be to others.

Maximizing the chance for glowing reviews and 75+ Metacritic green matters more to them than doing without cash flow for another 4 weeks, especially because of all the previous failures.

They smell a hit and want to make sure it is one. That's what's important to them.

I agree with you that it was release ready as it was and most MMO developers would have released it like that and fixed things after release.
    [Deleted User]KyleranTokken[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    That's how it's done when you're not hostage of financials.  :)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited August 2021
    And a small sigh of relief was heard over at Crowfall headquarters.

;)

Slapshot1188TokkenIselin[Deleted User]YashaXBlindchance

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I'm hoping for another beta. I need something to play to pass the time........
    achesomaBlindchance

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MARKEL1toMARKEL1to Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    lets hope its not going to get delayed again. Or alteast give us another beta lol 
  • BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Mmhhh... how many times will they keep doing that ?
    Slightly worried, to be honest.
    We know Amazon's history with games...

What games? ;)
  • MommaFoxFireMommaFoxFire Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    I am READY for this launch!!!! give it to MEEEEE