Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel's Avengers Next Free Expansion, War for Wakanda, Will Release August 17th | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageMarvel's Avengers Next Free Expansion, War for Wakanda, Will Release August 17th | MMORPG.com

The next panther sized update for Marvel's Avengers finally has a release date. War for Wakanda will introduce players to the secretive nation of Wakanda on August 17th. To entice players both new and old to hop back into the game, Crystal Dynamics is allowing for an All-Access Free Weekend, with an abundance of login rewards to boot.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Well lets hope SE can make a good single player Marvel game, online has been a wash out since Marvel Heroes shut down.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited July 2021
    Scot said:
    Well lets hope SE can make a good single player Marvel game, online has been a wash out since Marvel Heroes shut down.
    I for one think the Guardians game looks fun.

But then, I didn't expect this to flop either. I only took the wait and see approach with it because of how Destiny and Anthem turned out to be such low-content ripoffs.
  • mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    For anyone who hasn't seen, and wants to try the game out; They are doing a "free weekend" on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/997070/Marvels_Avengers/

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

Aori said:

I figured what could it hurt trying marvel avengers for free out aside from the rather chunky 75gb download to my data cap.. my soul, it hurt my soul. I think I was able to last 50 minutes.

The story wasn't to my taste, I'm playing an action rpg, I wasn't looking for some walking simulator tutorial, so I quit the campaign. Though props to the actress/actor of the daughter/father characters in the intro, was nice. Just not what I'm looking for.

Tried the multiplayer stuff... seems what you do is just skip the mobs, grab boxes, move to next area. Ran twice and it was just high levels skipping everything.

The gameplay was atrocious, what a clunky mess. None of it feels fluid at all, maybe it's better with controller but with kb/m forget it.

Worst yet, Tony was some flat, non charismatic character who presumably is an asshole as none of the characters have anything nice to say. Ugh it hurt.

And why do I have to pay MORE(assuming it wasnt free weekend) to not look like some budget cosplayer.. what even.

The combat and the different heroes having absolutely different combos and move sets is the best part of the game. Not sure if we played the same game.

The single player campaign is the second best part of the game.

Mind you, leveling all of the heroes to max level and unlocking their challenge cards was the most fun... but the game has a gear problem.. its not interesting enough. But the combat and fluid gameplay is what keeps me coming back.

Give it another go maybe?

• GabrielPRGabrielPR Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Terrible game full of bugs stay away, yes I miss Marvel heroes.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

GabrielPR said:

Terrible game full of bugs stay away, yes I miss Marvel heroes.

Wanna know how I know you didn't play Marvel Heroes when it launched?