Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Ascent: Comments and Review

FellintentFellintent Member UncommonPosts: 13
I just wanted to take a few minutes to see what others have thought about The Ascent.  I have been playing since it released a couple days ago (7-29-21) and I'm really enjoying the game so far.  Combat feels great and I've been really, really impressed with the developers ability to make the world feel truly alive.  That can't have been easy considering how large the maps are that I've played through so far.  I'm only at level 7 so I obviously can't comment on any parts of the later game yet but I'll do my best to remember to update this following more time playing. Oh and just as icing on the cake... The game features cross platform progression!  
"If you're going through hell, keep going!"
-The great Winston Churchill-
[Deleted User]Asheramlaserit

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Here is an ACG review. He rather likes it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Oooh just realized it's on game pass. I'll definitely give it a look after the NW beta is over.
    Asheram[Deleted User]laseritSlapshot1188
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Didn't like the movement on M&K, so I refunded it.  It  had real nice cyberpunk feel to it though.  World felt great.  If they get around to a better interface, I'd go back.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    edited August 2021
    Is the music to the game any good? I enjoyed the music on the trailer but I'm not sure that is actually IN the game. I have the game on my wishlist.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited August 2021
    Looks like it’s right up my alley :)

love two stick shooters, brings back the memories of the old arcade days but 1000% better ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Nyctelios said:
    The co op is a bug fest, tho. Beware.
    Damn that's what I was looking at.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Iselin said:
    Oooh just realized it's on game pass. I'll definitely give it a look after the NW beta is over.
    SWEEEEEET.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    Zegaloth said:
    Tokken said:
    Is the music to the game any good? I enjoyed the music on the trailer but I'm not sure that is actually IN the game. I have the game on my wishlist.

I personally think it slaps.

I dig it!!
    [Deleted User]

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Just tried it.  Interesting.  Ran OK until I had a fight with a boss and threw a grenade.  Got al stuttery and I ended up dead.   Will give it another run in the morning.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited August 2021
    I bought it and its pretty cool, but its trying to kill my 2080 super.

Ran fine til I got through the prologue and then first part of the world which at that point was 2 hours played. Then all of a sudden it stutters and my gpu is at 98% usage and temp is in the 90's f.