Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark Details Its Advanced Variants Of The Assassin Class In New Dev Blog | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageLost Ark Details Its Advanced Variants Of The Assassin Class In New Dev Blog | MMORPG.com

Lost Ark fans have more to sink their teeth into whilst awaiting this fall's release here in the West, as Smilegate and Amazon are breaking down the ARPG's Assassin advanced classes today.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,456
    I probably should be doing research on my own about this, but I was wondering if anyone more familiar with this game knew if there were like healing classes or something like that?
  • Shredmn21Shredmn21 Newbie CommonPosts: 9
    After playing in the New World beta, I decided not to play at launch as it was a huge disappointment. But this game… Lost Ark is something I’m very much looking forward to!
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161

Dattelis said:

I probably should be doing research on my own about this, but I was wondering if anyone more familiar with this game knew if there were like healing classes or something like that?

You may try paladin or bard but tbh there are like half support classes theyre not fully commited to supporting and tanking.
    Dattelis
  • WhiskyjumperWhiskyjumper Member UncommonPosts: 75
    edited July 2021

Dattelis said:

Judging by the video, do you even need a healing class? Looks like low danger, super easy kills of multiple mobs. That's disappointing.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited July 2021
    @Dattelis ;
    LA is not a game that has the MMO trinity because every class is sustainable on its own. But  The support approach appears in every class on different levels, more on the shape of shielding and support buffs.

A class can specialize on a more supportive skillset and this metas will reflect on the endgame content, but at the end of the day every class is made a sort of DPS class upfront so it can sustain every situation on its own, just with a different playstyle.
    Dattelis
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    MaxBacon said:
    @Dattelis ;
    LA is not a game that has the MMO trinity because every class is sustainable on its own. But  The support approach appears in every class on different levels, more on the shape of shielding and support buffs.

A class can specialize on a more supportive skillset and this metas will reflect on the endgame content, but at the end of the day every class is made a sort of DPS class upfront so it can sustain every situation on its own, just with a different playstyle.
    I mean, that light trinity design is more or less required of an ARPG. No one would play a Diablo monk if it couldn't clear.