Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guy with zero experience substantially recreates KoE in 5 days "Lies of Delyria"

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
This is a pretty funny and enlightening video and its just 12 minutes.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

[Deleted User]Kyleran

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Now he too can add "Games Developer" to his resume, start an MMO on KS, and get his own devoted crowd of simps to give any of us skeptics shit (or just lols) when we question it because by golly, he's a DEVELOPER, and we're not.
    Slapshot1188Mendel
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I don't quite understand it, but this guy accomplished this without an $8,000,000 budget.  It paints a new light where that $8 million probably went.  Oh wait.  Not a new light, only demonstrating exactly how easy it is to do some diversionary work when the important portion of the project is really how to hide $8 million.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    This is like one of those conversations where someone goes, "That game is crap I could make it in five days." and someone else says, "Prove it."

Then they do. 

Only it's worse than that because the fraud behind all this took 8 million dollars over 4 years delivered nothing, closed the studio and is now making this unity asset flip game as some sort of legal cover.
    Kyleran

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Iselin said:
    Now he too can add "Games Developer" to his resume, start an MMO on KS, and get his own devoted crowd of simps to give any of us skeptics shit (or just lols) when we question it because by golly, he's a DEVELOPER, and we're not.
    I wanted to give you a lol for this but the lol button here feels tainted so here's a thumbs up...
    Take note Stephen Donnelly the 39thumbs up39 emoji is the most  passive-aggressive of all
    Iselin

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Wargfoot said:
    Where can I get a gold chain like that?
    Probably free on the Unity store like the rest of his "game"
    Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814
    Holy crap! That game has a lot of potential! I could start playing it now.

Where do I donate? I want to get in before the crowd does.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.