Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No "7 Days to Die" info on MMORPG? Seriously?

BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
Did a search and could not find anything.  I know it is still considered alpha, but it a completely playable game.   And it is the best iteration of a sandbox I have ever played.   Oh and not technically an MMO but it can be played multiplayer, so I thought I might find something here.  I know someone here must have played it or maybe I am just late to the game and it is probably all talked out.  Most likely the latter.   Anyway long story short, one of the better games I have played, reminds me in a way of my beloved Fallen Earth, only more hands on and personal.  And infinitely replayable which is difficult to find I think.  Probably be my go to game now until I am too old to play anymore.  :)

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

[Deleted User]Sensai

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I haven't bought 7dtd yet but it sure looks like the kind of game I would really enjoy..... It would be nice if somehow they could make a MMO out of it.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825
    edited July 2021
    The initiative here of players is to be commended, but can't we just be playing some games that have actually launched? Is that asking the gaming industry too much or what? :)

P.S Certainly seems we should be hearing more about this one article wise.
    Torval said:
    If there was anything at all launched that could deliver what it does then I would be playing it. I'm not even into zombies that much or a lot of their meme humor, but I play it because the actual game play is that good. As far as I know there is literally nothing launched that offers what it does.
    Fair enough, but weren't you in Valheim as well? If this was me I would be so frustrated at not playing a launched game. I don't mind zombies actually, overused but classics like zombies never die. :)
    Kylerancameltosis
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I have the game but I kinda wish they got it out of alpha soon(ish). It's been in alpha for way too long imo. I assume they don't have a big budget, however I don't like playing games when they can be wiped.
    [Deleted User]

edited July 2021
    Torval said:
    There isn't another survival game like Valheim either. I will say there is a frustration factor for how long the development is taking with these two small teams. It's slow and I wish it were further along, but since they're sandbox types, I take the sand offered and play with it.

In some ways 7 Days is a little like No Man's Sky in that it feels finished in many ways, but still gets major additions and updates that change the feel of game play.

To put it in Solasta D&D terms, I'm more pragmatic than principled when it comes to playing games.
    Considering the amount of pop psychology that people build their lives on, why can't we use DnD to describe our personalities. :)
    [Deleted User]Boneserino
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Scot said:
    Torval said:
    There isn't another survival game like Valheim either. I will say there is a frustration factor for how long the development is taking with these two small teams. It's slow and I wish it were further along, but since they're sandbox types, I take the sand offered and play with it.

In some ways 7 Days is a little like No Man's Sky in that it feels finished in many ways, but still gets major additions and updates that change the feel of game play.

To put it in Solasta D&D terms, I'm more pragmatic than principled when it comes to playing games.
    Considering the amount of pop psychology that people build their lives on, why can't we use DnD to describe our personalities. :)
    I like to think I'm Neutral Good but in reality Lawful Evil (think Darth Vader) is really more my style.

[Deleted User]Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I used to follow it quite a bit but it just wasn't gopd enough to entice me to buy in.If it is still considered EA then that is just another cog in the wheel that proves these EA games are truly a scam/cash grab.

I bet if i did check it out it would likely be almost identical as to how it was 3 years  ago which would say the devs took the money and run.

For me Atlas is THAT game now ,mor eprefer Ark but not me because it is a bit silly and over the top at times

Point being that i wouldn't play 7D2D over Ark or Atlas and some might even choose Conan exiles.IMO the ship for 7 D2d has past and why releasing games for sale as early access is a VERY bad idea because after that time period th egame begins to lose interest and quickly.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    edited July 2021
    Torval said:
    During the last Steam sale I searched high and low for something to play as an alternative because it's easy to get burnt out on a game. There is nothing I could find that even comes close. Night of the Dead (which I refunded) has the potential, but it is much more of a tower defense game with crafting, exploration, and base building tacked on. The nightly tower defense turned me off. It's way too geared for "try-hard" than I like.

Did you try Project Zomboid yet? Its a little bit simpler looking than 7DtD but looks like it has a great skill system and looks like it could be fun.
    [Deleted User]
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    edited July 2021
    My experience has been this.  This game sucks you in.  I actually played this for about 12 hours straight.  ( I'm retired now)  And even at that it took all my mental strength just to hit the quit button.  Funny thing is it is easy to stay away from, but once you are in it's like you never want to leave.  Always something to do.   And it is something you choose to do, not what the game tells you to do.  

As for it being an Alpha, I have no idea why.  I mean it is completely playable and I would be hard pressed to think of anything missing in it's gameplay.   And worrying about the game being wiped is a non issue as far as I am concerned.  The nature of the gameplay is that the difficulty ramps up as you play, making the point of the game to survive as long as possible until you get overrun by the zombie horde.  I love this aspect because this is one game where you feel the danger of dying.  You can respawn, but  you do take a penalty and too many deaths in succession and you will be starting over.   

And the way you can be quickly swarmed when entering a building or house is just done incredibly well.  No matter how many times it happens, it will make you jump, panic, and run shooting madly just to survive.  Broken bones, bleeding, infections can all be had and need tending to.  It feels almost like being in a movie, where you write the script.  Fantastic.

There is much customization allowed as far as difficulty as well.  Basically every 7 days, you have to survive a night where zombies swarm your base.  It allows you to set zombie strengths, numbers, types of zombies etc.  Also lets you control which loot you drop on death, all or nothing and in between.  Also fantastic.

Really at a loss to say anything bad, it's just too much fun.  Playing this co-op with friends would be unreal IMO.  I think I have mentioned before, that while I like MMO's with unlimited players, I generally would rather play with a small group and leave the rest of the riff raff out of it.  

Anyway, if you see this on sale and you are a sandbox fan do yourself a favor and give it a shot.  I guarantee you will get your money's worth of fun out of it, at least.

Edit:  I did think of one thing that is a problem for me.  The game seems to have significant lag at times which is quite frustrating and could be deadly.  The game is just so good however I put up with it.  I have pretty decent internet up here in Canada, so it is probably my system to blame. It is getting a little long in the tooth like me.

Wizardry said:
    I used to follow it quite a bit but it just wasn't gopd enough to entice me to buy in.If it is still considered EA then that is just another cog in the wheel that proves these EA games are truly a scam/cash grab.

I bet if i did check it out it would likely be almost identical as to how it was 3 years  ago which would say the devs took the money and run.

For me Atlas is THAT game now ,mor eprefer Ark but not me because it is a bit silly and over the top at times

Point being that i wouldn't play 7D2D over Ark or Atlas and some might even choose Conan exiles.IMO the ship for 7 D2d has past and why releasing games for sale as early access is a VERY bad idea because after that time period th egame begins to lose interest and quickly.
    Wizard you scurvy dog you!  I see you haven't changed a bit since I last roamed these parts.

Anyway, just wanted to say that everything in your post about 7 Days is wrong.  

Take a look at the Steam reviews.   Overwhelmingly positive.   You can't judge a book by it's cover, you know.  

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Wizardry said:

Anyway, just wanted to say that everything in your post about 7 Days is wrong.  

Some things never change you know.
    ;)

ScorchienBoneserino

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Torval said:
    During the last Steam sale I searched high and low for something to play as an alternative because it's easy to get burnt out on a game. There is nothing I could find that even comes close. Night of the Dead (which I refunded) has the potential, but it is much more of a tower defense game with crafting, exploration, and base building tacked on. The nightly tower defense turned me off. It's way too geared for "try-hard" than I like.

Did you try Project Zomboid yet? Its a little bit simpler looking than 7DtD but looks like it has a great skill system and looks like it could be fun.
    Just took a quick look at Zomboid, and I can quickly say it wouldn't compare to 7 Days.  The reason is, it is a top down scroller from the looks of it.   Here's the thing about 7 Days.   It's played in first person.  I can't count the number of times a zombie has snuck up behind me and scared the crap out out of me.  You can be out in a forest chopping trees and you are constantly looking behind and all around you.  And they still sneak up on you.   You could be in a perfectly safe spot but you won't feel safe.  Honestly this is the first game I have played where I have felt a sense of danger.  I was never a PvP person but I think this game gives me that thrill without the ganking and I love it.