Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Preview: Outpost Rush And The Lazarus Instrumentality | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageNew World Preview: Outpost Rush And The Lazarus Instrumentality | MMORPG.com

This past week we had the chance to go hands on with New World's endgane activities: Outpost Rush and one of the late-game Expeditions, the Lazarus Instrumentality. How do these fare as New World transitions to Closed Beta this week? Read on for our thoughts!

Read the full story here

Comments

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    20x20? In an MMO? That's barely the size of a single raid. How many of these "Outpost Rush" instances are running at once?

For me, the first "M" in MMO means 1,000. Like Roman Numeral M.

Is there any place that 1,000 players can be together at the same time?
    PalebaneHJ-NavarreZenJellyLaughing-man[Deleted User]Celcius

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    SKlTZ0 said:
    olepi said:
    20x20? In an MMO? That's barely the size of a single raid. How many of these "Outpost Rush" instances are running at once?

Optimization and performance have been really bad over the past year. The large scale pvp where we used to have hundreds freely fighting and sieging in the open world is now a 50v50 thirty minute battleground. They are even limiting the open world pvp fights near forts. You get a company or faction call for help and run to join the fun... you better hope there’s not 25 other faction members in the area already or your ported away. So bad.
    Welcome to the forums! :)
    ZenJelly
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    edited July 2021
    It certainly looks good. It will be interesting how "epic" they can make large scale PvP, unless that's already been taken off the table. It will also be interesting how they separate PvP and PvE when everything is said and done.

Either way, I will at least try this game and hope for the best.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

SKlTZ0 said:

olepi said:

Optimization and performance have been really bad over the past year. The large scale pvp where we used to have hundreds freely fighting and sieging in the open world is now a 50v50 thirty minute battleground. They are even limiting the open world pvp fights near forts. You get a company or faction call for help and run to join the fun... you better hope there’s not 25 other faction members in the area already or your ported away. So bad.

Suddenly New Users (Bot Account?) show up and even spout Misinformation without proof?

Interesting since I was in the Alpha and nothing above is remotely True from what I have seen.
    beaky173[Deleted User]YashaXZenJelly

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 555
    Avanah said:

SKlTZ0 said:

olepi said:

Suddenly New Users (Bot Account?) show up and even spout Misinformation without proof?

Interesting since I was in the Alpha and nothing above is remotely True from what I have seen.
    I had literally zero performance issues whilst playing this past week, both in the Expedition and during the Outpost Rush mode. 

We'll see if that holds up when more and more people are populating the servers, but it was nice to play at a rock solid 4K60 during the event.
    [Deleted User]YashaXLaughing-manTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2021
    The most important question people should ask themselves is will this still be fun a month or two later?
    We have seen the same old song and dance hundreds of times,initially all the gamers are blinded by some NEW skinned game and are all hyped then two months later tons of players leave the game and a short time later nobody even cares about the game anymore.
    My most recent and fun purchases are still being played years later,i make good decisions,i pick games that i know i will like down the road.I cannot say the vast majority of gamers do the same,instead o see a massive crowd of puppets following certain streamers around and always a bunch of random bandwagon gamers who just buy anything on a whim that looks remotely popular.

Make no mistake i am not SAYING this game will be dead in a few months,i am ASKING the people who have tried it,do you think it wil still be enjoyable or will you likely just be hanging out because your friends are?

I already see a huge flaw for longevity>>>.....So you pvp and you pvp some more and then for END GAME....you pvp ..llol that is a pretty lazy effort for end game.
    IselinZenJellyTacticalZombehRennisa

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    The most important question people should ask themselves is will this still be fun a month or two later?
    We have seen the same old song and dance hundreds of times,initially all the gamers are blinded by some NEW skinned game and are all hyped then two months later tons of players leave the game and a short time later nobody even cares about the game anymore.
    My most recent and fun purchases are still being played years later,i make good decisions,i pick games that i know i will like down the road.I cannot say the vast majority of gamers do the same,instead o see a massive crowd of puppets following certain streamers around and always a bunch of random bandwagon gamers who just buy anything on a whim that looks remotely popular.

Make no mistake i am not SAYING this game will be dead in a few months,i am ASKING the people who have tried it,do you think it wil still be enjoyable or will you likely just be hanging out because your friends are?

I already see a huge flaw for longevity>>>.....So you pvp and you pvp some more and then for END GAME....you pvp ..llol that is a pretty lazy effort for end game.
    I think most people just care if they get their moneys worth on a game that have to buy. So many new games are F2P that it's almost a moot point, but that isn't the case here. I preordered on Steam so I could play for a bit and give it some thought to see if I should get a refund or not.

I'd be curious to know what your "good decisions" are for games.
    ZenJelly
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Avanah said:

SKlTZ0 said:

olepi said:

From what I have read he is way of key, but you still get a welcome to the forums regardless.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    As much as I am hoping for New World to be good, my interest levels have dropped to 0 as a result of the MTX shenanigans. Hell, it wasn't even about the MTX themselves, more about them doubling down on it. A battlepass being planned for an MMO does not help, either.
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    I got a feeling this game is going to start off in Aug/Sep pretty big.  Most of my friends only play super hyped games, and most are chattering about this game, its obviously getting the word out there.

I hope this game takes an idea from ESO and launches content patches every 3-4 months.  If they do that, then it will probably be a top 5 MMO for awhile.

I just hope this game can keep my interest for 6 months to a year.

Slapshot1188ultimateduck
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Brainy said:
    I got a feeling this game is going to start off in Aug/Sep pretty big.  Most of my friends only play super hyped games, and most are chattering about this game, its obviously getting the word out there.

I hope this game takes an idea from ESO and launches content patches every 3-4 months.  If they do that, then it will probably be a top 5 MMO for awhile.

I just hope this game can keep my interest for 6 months to a year.

I feel the same way.   I usually hit games hard on day one but this time I might just take my time and try to make it last.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Nyctelios said:
    Sadly in the beta there was a 'meta' already with stunlocks rotations and such. One sided faction was smashing all others forcing you to either join the bigger one or ignore open world pvp altogether. 

Well, I hope they fix the issues I had and I hope the best for the game. Maybe I'll come back for the pvp... Just too stiff for my taste the way it is now.
    That stunlock, or more accurately staggerlock, is gone. The problem was that basic light attacks, especially with the hatchet, staggered you every time with no immunity timer. It was very cheesy when 1 or 2  enemies could light attack you to death without you being able to fight back.

They could have fixed it many different ways but chose to just remove it altogether from light and heavy attacks. You can still stagger with some skills from some weapons but those have a cooldown.

The current complaint I keep reading about is that the removal of the stagger makes melee feel less impactful. I guess I'll see for myself in a couple of hours but I'll take less impactful over being cheesed to death :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I'd like to hear more about this point, that I read in the comment section of MOP:
    (Expeditions) they’re locked behind one-time-use keys that are expensive/difficult to craft and which will undoubtedly show up in the cash shop. There’s also a limit on the number that can be crafted per week.

is that true? A b2p title that timegates/paywalls access to normal dungeons?
  • cranthugcranthug Member UncommonPosts: 102

Wizardry said:

I think most people just care if they get their moneys worth on a game that have to buy. So many new games are F2P that it's almost a moot point, but that isn't the case here. I preordered on Steam so I could play for a bit and give it some thought to see if I should get a refund or not.

I don't play MMOs to "get my money's worth", I play them to attempt to live in virtual worlds. If I wanted value for the dollars I spend on a game I wouldn't spend on MMOs. Plenty on my Steam wishlist for that.
    cranthug said:

Wizardry said:

I don't play MMOs to "get my money's worth", I play them to attempt to live in virtual worlds. If I wanted value for the dollars I spend on a game I wouldn't spend on MMOs. Plenty on my Steam wishlist for that.
    Well, the simple fact is you don't know 100% what you're getting into with any game, especially an MMO. It can look great on paper and be a hot mess when you log in.

I think it's safe to say that even if a game ends up not being everything you hoped it would be, which is becoming more and more common, that you want to have at least gotten your moneys worth.

If you're going to hold out until you know without a doubt that you will be able to live in a virtual world, then you either ruined all the discovery that the game has to offer or are in for a long wait.
    [Deleted User]