Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lazy Peon takes on Crowfall

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Gdemami

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    edited July 2021
    tzervo said:
    His rant on the crow thing is silly and annoying when multiple NPE quests tells him to bind to a statue and the UI literally tells him to press F to return to the statue and skip the travelling back. He is not that wrong about the rest.
    Yeah but his running around an empty server is down right scary.  I just skimmed it.  I guess he plays EU
    Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    GdemamiYashaX

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Wow, that was brutal. "I am literally this game's core audience, and I cannot think of a single reason to play this game." 

Also interesting how he went in there thinking this was a faction vs faction game, only to find it has no FvF server.
    [Deleted User]
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    A guy whos recent videos include Astellia and Phantasy Star Online saying that he's crowfalls target audience. Huge yikes.
    UngoodFlharfhMaGicBush
    YashaX said:
    Wow, that was brutal. "I am literally this game's core audience, and I cannot think of a single reason to play this game." 

Also interesting how he went in there thinking this was a faction vs faction game, only to find it has no FvF server.
    Because it was billed from day one as a 3 way faction game as one ruleset and also a 5-12 way faction game as another.  To launch with neither was ridiculous.
    KyleranNildenRoin[Deleted User]

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    tzervo said:
    His rant on the crow thing is silly and annoying when multiple NPE quests tells him to bind to a statue and the UI literally tells him to press F to return to the statue and skip the travelling back. He is not that wrong about the rest.
    I watched a few of his videos, I really don't understand how this guy has a following.
    KyleranMikehaTheocritus[Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    tzervo said:
    Ungood said:
    tzervo said:
    I watched a few of his videos, I really don't understand how this guy has a following.
    He is usually funny. His videos have a nice format. But he is very sloppy and gets many things wrong. Personally I do not put any value in his reviews.
    I was wondering if this guy was still relevant, he seems so 2017.

Ungood

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    You know it really doesn't matter if they stealth patch the API so bots can't report player numbers if someone plays the game and tries to find PVP but can't because no one is playing it.

Really any other stuff he got wrong is inconsequential when he is playing a PVP game and can't find PVP.

Also I would say Peon not reading the tutorials or quest text is pretty representative of the average gamer.

That UI is a disgrace.
    RoinWaanMaGicBush

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    It wasn't just lazy peon making slanderous videos about CF... sadly even KiraTV made a video that omitted positive information about the game and vibed in his video more negatively than it deserved possibly preventing thousands of players from checking out the game...

ALL of the 'content creators' mention WoW and FF14 as comparisons not taking into account or mentioning the difference between AAA companies and what they can produce vs indie companies.

I also don't recall any of them bringing up CF using Unity vs the others that use either their own or Unreal.. Complaining about lag issues when it's a miracle that a modified Unity engine can even have 100+ players in a small area without exploding is either ignorance or intentional misguidance.

What should've been noticed as a success both for being one of the few KS MMO to finally release and promoted as a good value even at the base cost for the game was slandered by 'content creators' + others unjustly because of that "only 3000 players" line..

Ungood
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,166
    Bro lost his cred when he started shilling a PW mobile mmo. :D
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

BruceYee said:
    It wasn't just lazy peon making slanderous videos about CF... sadly even KiraTV made a video that omitted positive information about the game and vibed in his video more negatively than it deserved possibly preventing thousands of players from checking out the game...

ALL of the 'content creators' mention WoW and FF14 as comparisons not taking into account or mentioning the difference between AAA companies and what they can produce vs indie companies.

I also don't recall any of them bringing up CF using Unity vs the others that use either their own or Unreal.. Complaining about lag issues when it's a miracle that a modified Unity engine can even have 100+ players in a small area without exploding is either ignorance or intentional misguidance.

What should've been noticed as a success both for being one of the few KS MMO to finally release and promoted as a good value even at the base cost for the game was slandered by 'content creators' + others unjustly because of that "only 3000 players" line..

They played the game and offered opinions. What did you want them to do lie about it?

It doesn't matter if it's indie or triple A, it doesn't matter if it's unity or unreal, these games are directly in competition for peoples time and money.

You know I was one of the people congratulating Crowfall for launching but it's not much of an actual achievement. In reality it's kinda like crossing the starting line in a race. The only reason it is a big deal is because crowd funded MMOs are so bad at actually launching that just making it across the starting line is praise worthy. 

KyleranRoinBrainy[Deleted User]

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    The Lazy Peon is SPOT on, mate!
    MaGicBush

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

edited July 2021
    Nilden said:
    They played the game and offered opinions. What did you want them to do lie about it?

It doesn't matter if it's indie or triple A, it doesn't matter if it's unity or unreal, these games are directly in competition for peoples time and money.

You know I was one of the people congratulating Crowfall for launching but it's not much of an actual achievement. In reality it's kinda like crossing the starting line in a race. The only reason it is a big deal is because crowd funded MMOs are so bad at actually launching that just making it across the starting line is praise worthy. 

Actually one of them admitted they didn't play it recently and gave their "opinion" based on their experience with the beta from a while ago... but decided to make his video post launch for a game he didn't even play in final form..

Slander - a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report

We give our opinions here but we also don't have 50k+ YouTube followers and the influence power they have. To omit vital information on game improvements during the course of development or how CF changed their entire progression system to be more active rather than EVE-like wasn't mentioned once in their "opinion". I consider intentionally not mentioning positive information to paint a narrative a form of lying which is sadly what ALL of them did.

If you scroll down the comments and see how many people were persuaded not to try the game based on the "opinions" of 'content creators' then you'll understand that the power/influence they have isn't even close to what we do here just shootin' the shit.

Ungood
    BruceYee said:
    Nilden said:

Actually one of them admitted they didn't play it recently and gave their "opinion" based on their experience with the beta from a while ago... but decided to make his video post launch for a game he didn't even play in final form..

We give our opinions here but we also don't have 50k+ YouTube followers and the influence power they have. To omit vital information on game improvements during the course of development or how CF changed their entire progression system to be more active rather than EVE-like wasn't mentioned once in their "opinion". I consider intentionally not mentioning positive information to paint a narrative a form of lying which is sadly what ALL of them did.

If you scroll down the comments and see how many people were persuaded not to try the game based on the "opinions" of 'content creators' then you'll understand that the power/influence they have isn't even close to what we do here just shootin' the shit.

So he was being open, honest and providing context for his opinion by stating what he played.

Yeah that's not slander.

What are the positives when you can't find PVP in a PVP game? Is it even worth mentioning any at that point? What were they supposed to say I can't find PVP in this PVP game but hey better not leave out anything positive, they did rework the progression system. Like that matters.

Also that influencer follower power works both ways. I'm sure there must be some youtubers who are promoting the game and spinning it positive at every corner. Like that Dildo Baggins guy. That or people might be making up their own minds. I know I didn't care about the youtuber/influencer opinions at all and made up my mind watching the battle royal tournament they hosted. That was god awful. Go watch it. I'm sure you will come back with some positives.
    Slapshot1188RoinBrainy[Deleted User]

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    The guy that is funny is Glock9......His 7 Days to Die videos can be downright hilarious at times.
    Kyleran
    Nilden said:
    BruceYee said:
    Nilden said:

So he was being open, honest and providing context for his opinion by stating what he played.

Yeah that's not slander.

What are the positives when you can't find PVP in a PVP game? Is it even worth mentioning any at that point? What were they supposed to say I can't find PVP in this PVP game but hey better not leave out anything positive, they did rework the progression system. Like that matters.

Also that influencer follower power works both ways. I'm sure there must be some youtubers who are promoting the game and spinning it positive at every corner. Like that Dildo Baggins guy. That or people might be making up their own minds. I know I didn't care about the youtuber/influencer opinions at all and made up my mind watching the battle royal tournament they hosted. That was god awful. Go watch it. I'm sure you will come back with some positives.

Why are you being so combative? I was one of the first people on this site YEARS ago bringing up things I felt would be issues with this game and guess what.. they fixed every.single.thing I brought up...

Not being able to find PVP? You don't find PVP in CF in CF PVP finds YOU. The guild Lazy peon was/is in already said that he doesn't even respond in chat when asked to go capture forts or do group activities when asked... Going to solo capture a fort NOT in Skypoint then complaining there's no pvp is like running around Tarren Mill and complaining no one is attacking you... It's because NO ONE IS THERE... they are in Skypoint where all the primo rewards are...

This video is the OLD EVE-like progression system that they completely changed. Changing an entire progression system a couple years in development due to 'real' concerns by 'real' players not AGS style... That "matters" whether you think it does or not.. Indie company completely reworking progression system = matters.

In your previous post you said...

"It doesn't matter if it's indie or triple A, it doesn't matter if it's unity or unreal, these games are directly in competition for peoples time and money."

Riiiight... so an engine that previously couldn't handle a large number(100+) of players in a small area that now can "doesn't matter". Players from different parts of the world spamming spells in a small area that looks like Jubilee just exploded and the server doesn't blow up "doesn't matter"... riiiight

For $40 CF base game you get 6 slots. If you do the tutorial on every character you can have 6 characters to lvl 25-30 in roughly 18 hours and 15k x 6 = 90k gold + 6 mounts + extra crafting materials. That is an extremely good value for a MMO in 2021 especially since your leveling from 30-35 with vessels is a form of long term progression IF you decide to do it yourself without the help of a guild feeding you items. Project Gorgon costs $40 too btw... People consider that a good value and that it's a flat out Unity asset flip.. and has 100 ppl playing daily...

You mentioned before that you were messing around creating a game amirite? What if when you release your solo project on Steam you have others unfairly comparing your 1 man created game with even a dev studio that has 5 people like Valhiem? Studio size, engine all of it matters and you'd think 'content creators' that were able to find square ft lease space info for City State Entertainment(CU) to work out how much they pay in rent every month could at least include extra factual well deserved positive info/praise about CF but didn't..

Again... Slander - a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report

KyleranUngood[Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    I don't know what the streamers said about CF as I don't watch such, but it appears their opinions more often than not match those of folks who've played and shared here.

CF clearly has some issues to resolve which hopefully they can turn around rather quickly once the furor over NW dies down.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    I don't know what the streamers said about CF as I don't watch such, but it appears their opinions more often than not match those of folks who've played and shared here.

CF clearly has some issues to resolve which hopefully they can turn around rather quickly once the furor over NW dies down.

The NW Beta ends next week.
    Crowfall has a 4 week window to recapture players before New World launch.

They are FINALLY going to launch their faction v Faction servers but from what I saw on test and then further on the forums they look like a mess.  Clearly Artcraft did not intend to launch them at release and did not put in the effort to get them much improved from the Alpha/Beta days.
    Maybe they can make some quick tweaks and turn it around before it goes to Live. I dunno, we will see.
    But they need something.  They closed another 2 servers today with no notice to the players (putting them back up now for 24 hours so at least people can get stuff they need from them)

Maybe someone from Artcraft needs to go on with one of these streamers and show what they "missed" about the game?
    YashaX

Kyleran said:

The NW Beta ends next week.
    Crowfall has a 4 week window to recapture players before New World launch.

They are FINALLY going to launch their faction v Faction servers but from what I saw on test and then further on the forums they look like a mess.  Clearly Artcraft did not intend to launch them at release and did not put in the effort to get them much improved from the Alpha/Beta days.
    Maybe they can make some quick tweaks and turn it around before it goes to Live. I dunno, we will see.
    But they need something.  They closed another 2 servers today with no notice to the players (putting them back up now for 24 hours so at least people can get stuff they need from them)

Maybe someone from Artcraft needs to go on with one of these streamers and show what they "missed" about the game?
    Clearly they missed everything positive or praise worthy, which is slander.
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    Utinni said:
    A guy whos recent videos include Astellia and Phantasy Star Online saying that he's crowfalls target audience. Huge yikes.

He's not obliged to only make videos on games targeting his play interests.
    Kyleran said:
    tzervo said:
    Ungood said:
    tzervo said:
    He is usually funny. His videos have a nice format. But he is very sloppy and gets many things wrong. Personally I do not put any value in his reviews.
    I was wondering if this guy was still relevant, he seems so 2017.

People are still making threads about his videos, so he apparently remains relevant enough.
    tzervo said:
    Ungood said:
    tzervo said:

The value of his videos is largely confined to his humour. Those that don't find him amusing at least part of the time won't get much value from them.
    tzervo said:
    tzervo said:
    Ungood said:
    tzervo said:

The value of his videos is largely confined to his humour. Those that don't find him amusing at least part of the time won't get much value from them.
    Not really. Some people are enticed by his humor but eventually watch him for the review. You can tell that by some comments in his videos. If they are equally lazy and don't do their own research they can easily get the wrong impression about a game based on false information. It's a matter of using wrong criteria for their goal.
    How is it not really? What of that counters that his videos won't give much value to anyone beyond the humour they contain.
    tzervo said:
    tzervo said:
    tzervo said:
    Ungood said:
    tzervo said:

Not really. Some people are enticed by his humor but eventually watch him for the review. You can tell that by some comments in his videos. If they are equally lazy and don't do their own research they can easily get the wrong impression about a game based on false information. It's a matter of using wrong criteria for their goal.
    How is it not really? What of that counters that his videos won't give much value to anyone beyond the humour they contain.
    The video's initial draw and only value is often the humor but unfortunately that's not the only thing many viewers stick around for.

I may have misread your second sentence. Humor is the only value viewers get but they think they get more.

For those viewers equally lazy who is at fault for what they do or not? Peon didn't make them lazy, nor did he tell them to confuse his impressions for game reviews.

His viewers' choices and related repercussions are on them alone.
    NildenRoin
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    His view of the game is accurate. Some slight mis info in spots but you get the general gist the game isn't worth checking out and I agree.
    YashaXGdemami

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.