Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mark Jacobs now fighting with MOP staff

2»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    tzervo said:
    They didn't reveal what the question actually was right?
    They gave all the questions from the second interview, without mentioning which one caused the dispute, afaik:
    we asked about the state of funding for both games, how long development would be sustainable on current funding, how hiring was going, how big the studio is, when the game would advance from beta one, when the remaining NDA would drop, when to expect launch or a minimum viable product, whether the game’s monetization could change, how big a playerbase was needed to sustain the game financially and gameplay-wise, what happened to Final Stand: Ragnarok and its “first access” last December, why refunds were so slow, how many more refunds were outstanding, and whether and how the studio had responded to apparently futile backer claims to the state attorney general.
    Pretty sure this would be the one he didn't want to answer and didn't want even mentioned that he wouldn't answer:

"whether and how the studio had responded to apparently futile backer claims to the state attorney general"
    [Deleted User]Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    tzervo said:
    Massively has been garbage now for years. I don't even know why people read their garbage site. Most of their articles are like news stories from 3 days ago and a lot of boring click bait stuff. Their editor doesn't even play MMOs anymore. That site should have died when AOL shuttered it. 
    I read it less and less every week. Too many fluff articles and opinion pieces, too much passive-aggressiveness, self-righteousness and snobishness, too much bias, too much going into agendas unrelated to games and too much biased censoring in the comment section, while selectively allowing specific types of toxicity (which the authors agree with) to fester.

They still cast a wide net though and are a very good site for finding interesting niche titles and their weekly mop-up is good for catching up to a few smaller stories. But I find I need this less as time passes because forum members also post these here.

I generally ignore their articles and use their title plus links to read from the source.

Also, I think she does play, just mostly old games like SWG:L.
    Bree hasn't picked up a new MMO probably since GW2. They heavily censor their comment sections too, which I think has killed off a good bit of their readership. They are probably just staying afloat with how little traffic they're probably getting these days. The writers on the site are barely gamers too except maybe for MJ. 
    Kyleran
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Brainy said:
    Did I read that right they said Final Stand Ragnarok only brought in 6k?  Because if that's true that's a total disaster.  Wasn't he saying Ragnarok was going to help him release CU?
    Well it's "free" to anyone who backed Camelot Unchained.  It's not finished, has had no advertisement other than a super negative reaction from the community...  I'm actually surprised it brought in $6k...
    [Deleted User]YashaXKyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    They didn't reveal what the question actually was right?

I have no horse in this race but did feel a little bad for the dude in the clip where he was about to break down and cry when fearing people may never give him another chance.  Not bad enough to think he should be forgiven for his massive blunders but still.
    He always has been a good manipulator.
    GdemamiKyleran
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    nurso said:
    Scot said:
    Come on guy that is way out there, this is no more than stress from seeing this project through. Though that stress does indicate the game is not on solid footing.
    Does it? I think it makes more sense that the death in his family (as Nilden has already mentioned), the severe vaccination after-effects and the COVID working conditions have a much higher impact on his stress level. But of course this is pure speculation on my part.
    Which to my mind would cause a lot of stress and the knee jerk anger that he has shown.
    Gdemami
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Told yas the week that CU was announced that MJ could not deliver .. Argued with MJ here ..

Should dig up that thread .. was pretty good
    GdemamiKyleran
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    For someone that founded Mythic Entertainment, he really comes across as a train wreck, is he on drugs or something?
    I wondered the same thought, if not drugs perhaps early onset dementia?
    This is not new. Mark has always engaged with communities much more than any other developer I'm aware of.

This was also the case on the VN boards back in the DAoC days.
    Agree, and I kind of like the guy for that truly. But after all these years shouldn't he be better at it now?

This was just so dumb of a thing to get caught up in.
    Slapshot1188KyleranGdemami
  • nursonurso Member UncommonPosts: 327
     The writers on the site are barely gamers too except maybe for MJ. 
    And barely writers too, it seems. Because apparently the author of the article feels compelled to add a bunch of explanations, interpretations and additional information in the comments.