Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Portal Knights Devs Are Working On an Open World Multiplayer Sandbox RPG | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imagePortal Knights Devs Are Working On an Open World Multiplayer Sandbox RPG | MMORPG.com

Keen Games, the developers of Portal Knight, is going indie after a $10 million investment from Hiro Capital and Tencent to drive development of their upcoming multiplayer sandbox RPG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited July 2021
    Sounds like what New World was gonna be. If this is successful it might be the first non-scam funded MMO in a long time to do so; even if it is funded by a company some love to hate.

I once tried Portal Knights during a free weekend on Steam, and while not my type of game, it was actually fun.
    Asheram
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• LasterbaLasterba Member UncommonPosts: 137
    "Hiro Capital", "Tencent"...all I need to hear to know this game should be avoided at all costs.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    "Portal Knights Devs Are Working On an Open World Multiplayer Sandbox RPG | MMORPG.com"

Wel do we finally get a good PVE open world sandbox or are they going with another FFA PVP?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    A team that made a Minecraft mod ...lol,hardly any proving ground for what is to come.

10 million says we should not expect much at all.In reality a well run team with a well laid out plan could build a decent game in 3-4 years with a 10 mil budget but it would be cutting it close.
    I have no idea WHY we would be hearing from this at this point in time as we shouldn't hear about this until 3-4 years from now.So my guess is a plan towards the same old,another cheap Minecraft type design with an Early access tag.

If i heard Tencent was investing 100 million,then i make take this very seriously but this just sounds like another incoming cash grab.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    Since Portal Knights was a great game I will definitely keep an eye on this one
  • CosmicwrathCosmicwrath Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I played portal knights through and through. Played coop and beat all the extreme bosses. That game was tons of fun. I am looking forward to this.
    Valdheim