Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Profane Posts Progress Update Video - Plus What's in Store for 2021 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageProfane Posts Progress Update Video - Plus What's in Store for 2021 | MMORPG.com

Described as a true sandbox MMORPG, Profane is a game that has unbridled ambition when it comes to the breadth of its features. Hot on the heels of their updated 2021 Roadmap, Brazilian developer Insane released a video detailing the pace of their progress on several features in a developer progress compilation of May and June's accomplishments.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,454
    That face freaks me out so much.
    andrefueripemaskedweaselsaker
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    God damn that character pic, can you specify that your character has hyperthyroidism?
    andrefueripeDattelissaker
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    A "true sandbox" meaning the game is going to have a massive lack of content of which the players are going to have to make up for by harvesting and building mundane shit, while undoubtedly PvPing in a lifeless, procedurally generated world. Oh, boy. I can't wait.
    I like to complain about games.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    edited July 2021

Ridrith said:

A "true sandbox" meaning the game is going to have a massive lack of content of which the players are going to have to make up for by harvesting and building mundane shit, while undoubtedly PvPing in a lifeless, procedurally generated world. Oh, boy. I can't wait.

Some people like the "mundane shit", which is probably why survival games seem to be doing so well.

Plus the mundane shit people are usually the crafters... which is always nice to have around.

Sandbox MMOs might be the way to get the genre back up and running since every other type of MMO has been played out to death.

They just need to be convinced to make it a VR game.
    andrefueripeHatefullalin1209RidrithbobbymcswansonRhiow-Darkstep
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    World needs to be above all the other crap i have been seeing,starting with an ECO system.No Eco system then it is just a other ho hum game not worth my time.

Character customization needs to be 99% in the form of properties/stats/abilities etc etc and NOT in claymation looking hairdos or tattoos.

Gameplay,what is this game going to offer that is unique different?I mean we already have a thousand games with mundane pointless quests and tons of games with little to nothing but flag players for pvp it is about time we something creative and different.

I assume there will be no world interaction either which to me at this point in time is a step backwards in gaming.

So unless there is something i am missing here,i have little hope for this game.

VR??Why on earth would VR be a good idea,you like seeing two hands on the screen all the time?Devs need to step up and deliver AAA games before adding cheap peripheral gimmicks that are not even done well.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited July 2021
    Not mobile, check. Not a cyptoMMO, check. Sandbox, check. Survival elements, question mark.

Only one question mark, it is now on my radar.
    ultimateduck
    edited July 2021

Wizardry said:

World needs to be above all the other crap i have been seeing,starting with an ECO system.No Eco system then it is just a other ho hum game not worth my time.

Character customization needs to be 99% in the form of properties/stats/abilities etc etc and NOT in claymation looking hairdos or tattoos.

Gameplay,what is this game going to offer that is unique different?I mean we already have a thousand games with mundane pointless quests and tons of games with little to nothing but flag players for pvp it is about time we something creative and different.

I assume there will be no world interaction either which to me at this point in time is a step backwards in gaming.

So unless there is something i am missing here,i have little hope for this game.

VR??Why on earth would VR be a good idea,you like seeing two hands on the screen all the time?Devs need to step up and deliver AAA games before adding cheap peripheral gimmicks that are not even done well.

I'm guessing that the sandbox part would mean there aren't a bunch of arbitrary "mundane pointless quests".

You "assume there will be no world interaction"... why do you assume this? To what level of world interaction would you deem to be sufficient.
    Because unlike you, I've actually play VR. There have been games made with a 3rd person characters as well as full body. That said, I honestly don't mind the "two hand on the screen" aspect in a VR game given how immersed you are in the world.

Before you try and say that you've tried VR, your "cheap peripheral gimmicks" comment show you haven't. VR isn't a 360 degree flat screen. It's a full depth 3D environment with 6DOF. I've never even heard of this game before. I agree with Scots assessment.

Opening the game to VR means the developer has a ~10 million person captured audience just waiting for an open world to live in.

• MatimusmaximusMatimusmaximus Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I'm getting eq next vibes
    ultimateduck

I'm getting eq next vibes

I was a bit bummed when that turned into vaporware.
  • dibeltrandibeltran Member UncommonPosts: 1
    The world will have NPC factions that has RTS like AI for expanding and controlling resources. There will be hidden skills and truly unique artifacts.

Not for launch, but VR is in fact being considered.

This is a nice place to check the game's sandbox features :
    http://profa.ne/
    ultimateduck
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    That dude looks like he did cocaine right after waking up. lol
    Scotultimateduck
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    foxgirl said:
    That dude looks like he did cocaine right after waking up. lol
    I think that's what the youngsters call "random". :)