Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Beta launch tomorrow. Can money buy a smooth launch

ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
I'm guessing most of the people that plan to play New World preordered the game, myself included since Steam doesn't count a Beta as released so I have until release to get my money back. This means most people will probably try to log in tomorrow.

Is Amazon rich enough to have the server power and technical knowhow to provide a clean launch or will it be plagued like every other MMO on launch day whether it be an independent or AAA developer?

Gdemami

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I don't remember any queues, log-in, nor in-game technical problems when they did this very same thing, a 2-week preview, last August.

There might have been but if there were they were so minor that I have no memory of them.
    ultimateduckSovrath
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Iselin said:
    I don't remember any queues, log-in, nor in-game technical problems when they did this very same thing, a 2-week preview, last August.

There might have been but if there were they were so minor that I have no memory of them.
    I didn't even know about the 2 week preview. I think tomorrows launch will be every bit as much of a burden on their servers/game code as the official launch. It will be interesting to see how it plays out for both.
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Can't wait to see how the updates are coming along!  I really liked the idea of the world, but I was definitely on the fence about purchasing after seeing the last beta.  Hope things go well!
  • TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    You can pre-download the closed beta right now so it'll be ready for tomorrow. 
    Kyleran
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Considering amazon is the provider of servers for thousands of corporation... something tells me the hardware and server tech is in place. A rough launch would be on the software side of things for AGS
    Gdemami