Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter's Next Update, Jewel in the North, Launches on PC July 27 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageNeverwinter's Next Update, Jewel in the North, Launches on PC July 27 | MMORPG.com

Neverwinter's next update is called Jewel in the North and arrives on PC on July 27, with PS4 and Xbox One set to receive it later this Fall. Read on for all the details.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,456
    I've always wanted to give this game a more serious try and it seems like this update might be a good starting point.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I'm gonna check it out. But the grinding at end game is still the same and my characters will be boosted to level 20.
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    magic legends devs gave out codes for neverwinter race and mount and char slot
    should be in your emails
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    edited July 2021

Dattelis said:

I've always wanted to give this game a more serious try and it seems like this update might be a good starting point.

Actually this update will kill what little has remained from the game.

The point of this update isn't to make leveling or progression faster and more fun for the players, because the combat is still the same slog - you press 2-3 buttons from level 10 to level 80 right now. Now it will be pressing the same 3 buttons from level 1 to level 20.

New skills, traits and abilities you learn are completely pointless, because they are unbalanced and if you replace them with your current one, it won't get better, your character gets worse - less DPS, less healing, less tanking.

Armor sets look the same from zone to zone and the gear you equip has the same appearance as everything else in the zone. Essentially you look like everyone else who's your class and in the same zone as you. 100% of the gear you loot while leveling is inferior to the one you exchange at vendors and that gear only improves your stats by a small margin, like if your current damage with the best gear from the last zone you completed is 381 and your HP is 2246, getting the gear upgrades from the new zone increases your damage to like 394 and your HP to like 2292.

There is no strategy or skill to combat - you just press your 3 buttons and chug HP potions. That's it.

When you reach the level cap (now still 80), you realize you can't do end game content, because your gear score is too low and you need to:

1) start grinding for better gear
    2) spend real money and buy the gear instantly

The idea of this level squish to level 20 is not to fix the game and make it more fun for players, but so they can level up to 20 in 2 days rather than in like 1-2 months like it currently is so they can see faster how bad their gear is so they can start spending real money in the cash shop.

That's because with the current level cap, many players give up and lose interest before they reach level 80 and realize they need to start spending real money, so the company loses money. But now with the level cap squish, they will make sure more people spend money.

Simple marketing analysis.

Don't believe me? Be my guest and try the game and see it's just like this. Oh yeah, and I almost forgot - the story for a Forgotten Realms game is really boring and forgettable. When I was in the level 20-30 gap, a day or two after being in the level 10-20 gap, I forgot what I was doing before.