Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solasta Receives the Sorcerer Today | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageSolasta Receives the Sorcerer Today | MMORPG.com

Solasta: Crown of the Magister is receiving the Sorcerer in its latest update today in addition to a new Iron Man mode, new dungeon maker environments, and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Game keeps on getting better and better! Keep up the good work!
    [Deleted User]

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Downloading now. Starting a new campaign later today with a draconic sorcerer in the mix together with my trusty Paladin, Battle Cleric and Ranger. :)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Tokken
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Iselin said:
    Downloading now. Starting a new campaign later today with a draconic sorcerer in the mix together with my trusty Paladin, Battle Cleric and Ranger. :)
    Sounds like a good party! My ranger and paladin are really strong.
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    These guys have always been on spot with updates to tha game.
    Cant wait to see what the future has in store for us :)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:

So which character and class lost its spot to the sorcerer? Tell me more about your racial, backstory, and alignment trait choices for your characters.

I'm set on having a ranger, but I'm not sure yet whether it will be an elf, halfling, or something else. I've been thinking about cleric vs paladin, not both so your combo interests me. My third and fourth were going to be rogue and mage for this run, but maybe I'll need to rethink the team.

For this, my first run through, I'm not rolling a sorc. It looks like an advanced class choice with a lot of nuance. I'm inclined to go with something a little simpler and more straight forward for a first play through.
    Well to be honest, in the early levels, I'm missing my Shock Arcanist who was sidelined by the Sorcerer. Maybe my opinion will change in later levels but at the moment he feels like a lesser Wizard.

I like having 2 front line characters and 2 ranged in my parties. Paladins are just better versions of fighters IMO. I hardly ever use him as a buffer/healer and rely on his 3 attacks (the 3rd one comes from a feat when using 2HD weapons)  per turn with 2HD weapons - all of which can have Smite added to the attack - for an effective melee killer.

For cleric I don't just go with vanilla cleric - I specifically like the Battle Cleric variety - since she (Florence, of course :)) doubles as a front line fighter who also has a great offensive spell list that rivals the Wizards. Clerics in 5e are seriously OP. Don't leave home without one. I'm seriously considering doing a 4 cleric run at higher difficulties - they're that good in Solasta.

Ranger vs. Rogue is a tougher choice but I lean toward the Ranger because Hunter's Mark is an awesome debuff that helps everyone in the party and they're just fully committed to being ranged.

As to race I tend to go all elf or half-elf: Sorcerer or Wizard, High Elf; Ranger Sylvan elf; Cleric and Paladin, half-elf. If I use a rogue, I'll go halfling for that one.

For backgrounds, other than making sure I have 4 different ones since each one has a different side quest associated with it, I go with whatever for flavor reasons although I do make sure my Battle Cleric is a Lawkeeper since that gives her martial weapons use for free and a flail is a better 1HD weapon (I do 1HD + Shield for the Cleric) than a mace. 
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED