Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Life at CIG - One big Party

2»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited July 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Make you a bet right now, when or if SC or SQ42 ever release many will claim they are incomplete, bugshot, missing promised features or unplayable when in all reality it will be more a case of the games not meeting their expectations than anything else.

That's nowhere as heavy of an impact than it is for games that upfront hit like that, even the recent elite dangerous oddysey that was pushed on a rushed and bad state caused a big current drama. On Early Access titltes it's quite more smooth because the transition to released from pre-release is usually just another update, only when the developer pushes the release too early with little to no headsup and with the game still too unstable, people get quite mad at that.

That's not random.  It's just basics that if your stuff is going to be wiped by plan, then no you haven't reached launch yet.  You are just testing a preview product.

And nobody said you can't have fun in a beta or alpha.  Some betas and alphas I had more fund than when it game released.
    Wipes are pretty much the main problem of early access, it haunts them all, even when developers do not wipe, corrupted saves and data still goes on.

Star Citizen right now hasn't face a wipe of player progression, especially on things like in-game currency/bought ships/etc, for over a year.

When you can play for over a year without facing data loss it's not a bad deal, SC doesn't have any big grinds for long-term stuff even for buying ships ign, that time gap alleviates if it was a wipe every 3 months update then the point on playing more seriously would be mostly defeated.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Babuinix said:

Care to show the quotes where Sandy claimed to have Marketing degrees, but then couldn't actually show any?   

Tho, if she's actually doing the marketing planning, and is not just a family sinecure, more power to her.  The marketing of Star Citizen is, by far, the best aspect of the whole deal.   It will be studied, one way or the other, for decades...
    You don't need a degree to be good at a job but I guess that's irrelevant for those creep stalking cig staff.

You so missed the point of claiming degrees with no actual evidence thereof.  IE, lies.

Maybe Sandy is the marketing genius.  I have no problem with considering her being sharper than her hubby.  Maybe it's someone else.  Given the failure of CIG to live up to their decade of previous claims, all options are on the table.
    Gdemami

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Kyleran said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kyleran said:
    While millions may do something such as play partially complete video games or eat sushi, doesn't mean I'm going to ever think it's a good idea.

Like Mom always said, just because everyone else is jumping off a bridge doesn't mean its a good idea to do so.

Even if they are smiling on the way down.

(I added that last part) 

Cheers ;)
    Just like the last post pretty much said it all, millions also played Fallout 76 and Cyberpunk 2077 stated to be released games, the release branding does sure goes a long way to prove how complete/stable & polished a game is... or not... 

At least some disclaim their state instead of doing this increasingly common rush-job pretending-to-be that's get fixed/optimized/completed post-launch.
    Make you a bet right now, when or if SC or SQ42 ever release many will claim they are incomplete, bugshot, missing promised features or unplayable when in all reality it will be more a case of the games not meeting their expectations than anything else.

Well, we know full well who has set up all those expectations.  The roosting bird's nest is pretty obvious.
    Gdemami

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    You so missed the point of claiming degrees with no actual evidence thereof.  IE, lies.

Maybe Sandy is the marketing genius.  I have no problem with considering her being sharper than her hubby.  Maybe it's someone else.  Given the failure of CIG to live up to their decade of previous claims, all options are on the table.

Aren't you the one claiming "no degree" with no actual evidence thereof?

The only thing CIG is not living up is the haters dreams of "90 days top" collapse. :D
    Babuinix said:

Aren't you the one claiming "no degree" with no actual evidence thereof?

The only thing CIG is not living up is the haters dreams of "90 days top" collapse. :D
    Okay, remember, you asked for it.
    Screen cap of interview synopsis:   https://imgur.com/skDJvbG

Sandi's official CIG bio (with no mention of these claims): https://web.archive.org/web/20141020030906/https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12913-Meet-Sandi-Gardiner

Actual podcast of that interview with Sandi, go to around 15 minutes in for extensive educational claims:
    https://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/9/5/595fbf2c4b437073/Sunnys_Diner_Show_3k13.mp3?c_id=6968176&cs_id=6968176&expiration=1625797092&hwt=23ffa1ff50ff55d3392e271f4a9d19e5

And as far as CIG not living up to their claims, this link is always good fun to read:
    https://imgur.com/a/P9PZSNw
    Gdemami

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I keep waiting for the news that they blew alot of the 350M on blow and hookers......
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited July 2021
    Okay, remember, you asked for it.
    Screen cap of interview synopsis:   https://imgur.com/skDJvbG

Sandi's official CIG bio (with no mention of these claims): https://web.archive.org/web/20141020030906/https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12913-Meet-Sandi-Gardiner

Actual podcast of that interview with Sandi, go to around 15 minutes in for extensive educational claims:
    https://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/9/5/595fbf2c4b437073/Sunnys_Diner_Show_3k13.mp3?c_id=6968176&cs_id=6968176&expiration=1625797092&hwt=23ffa1ff50ff55d3392e271f4a9d19e5

And as far as CIG not living up to their claims, this link is always good fun to read:
    https://imgur.com/a/P9PZSNw
    Yeah we already know the creepish boner haters have for Sandi but you still provided no evidence. Not that it matters anyway.
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    If she's got the degrees, it's simple to show it.  But she hasn't talked about it in many years.  You know, once people actually started looking for EVIDENCE of HER CLAIMS.

She changed her Linkedin profile, then deepsixed it totally.  I guess since she's in CIG for life, she doesn't need it anymore.  But Chris still has his up...

She claimed degrees, and when asked to show 'em, she went all ghosty.

Personally,  I think it's just Hollywood behavior, all full of puffery.  It's just another example of BS coming from CIG.
    Gdemami

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Err, I was just poking a little fun at Star Citizen "the game" when I started this thread.

How about folks not continue to make it weird by discussing family members or staff pedigrees or what not especially when it really has no bearing on the game's development or delivery.

Facts are facts, the game is years late with no end in site for "reasons," yet despite this it is the most wildly successful crowd funded game ever setting records likely never to be broken.

A combination of extraordinary marketing, good communication and regular delivery of the game's sub-systems into the hands of the backers making it "fun" in their eyes continues to keep support strong and ever increasing from both new and existing supporter.

BabuinixGdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    If she's got the degrees, it's simple to show it.  But she hasn't talked about it in many years.  You know, once people actually started looking for EVIDENCE of HER CLAIMS.

She changed her Linkedin profile, then deepsixed it totally.  I guess since she's in CIG for life, she doesn't need it anymore.  But Chris still has his up...

She claimed degrees, and when asked to show 'em, she went all ghosty.

Personally,  I think it's just Hollywood behavior, all full of puffery.  It's just another example of BS coming from CIG.
    She was in charge of marketing. Whether she has "degrees" or not, the one massive success of the company has been marketing.  Trying to toss stuff against the person in charge of marketing seems kind of pointless in this instance.  
    KyleranBabuinixBrainy

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

It's just another examble of CIG laying out the BS.  There are lots of examples of them dissembling or being clueless.  I don't  believe anything that's not on the test or regular servers.  Given CIG's track record, there's no reason to believe anything that's not hard documented.  Maybe Sandi handled the marketing, maybe not.  Whoever did certainly hit it out of the park.  But she did, ah....exaggerate...her qualifications.    

As for a big party for the CIG brass, oh yeah, I am sure it is quite the whoop-de-do.
    Gdemami