Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brave Browser and the support of MMORPG.com

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
We love this place. Those of us who have been here during the golden age of millions of users remember what was. Lets face it do to reasons (many of you know my theory's as to why), mmorpgs have fallen. With that fall so has advertising revenue for our beloved mmorpg.com. Enter Brave browser.

Short history, Brave browser is the baby of the guy who made Mozilla. Brave gives you complete control of your data, allows you choose what type of adds, and how many you want to see. DYOR read more.

Every month Brave pays you for the ads you choose to click by the way of the Basic Attention Token (BAT). As of the time of type, 1 BAT= around 55c. With this token you can either cash it in for fiat OOOOOOOOOR......


You can tip Verified Creators of content you consume, ie websites, youtube channels, MMORPG,com.

I've received about 12-13 bats over the last 2 months. I tipped MMORPG.com 1 BAT last month. While typing this I am going to TIP another BAT.


Forgive me for not taking screenshots, but the entire process takes less than 3 secs. 


Blockchain, crypto can you guys start to see where this is going.


@mmorpg.com Forget about it. Just give me my damn Legendary!


https://brave.com/



 


"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

  • SylvinstarSylvinstar Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I use Brave off and on, but really didn't read into the features.  Thanks for the post.
    Kyleran
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited July 2021
    I use Brave off and on, but really didn't read into the features.  Thanks for the post.
    Np bruh. It took me a week to convert passwords and stuff, but once I did I have never looked back. Exciting times we are in.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Nah i had brave and i can't remember the exact reason but i didn't like and did not give me full control.I also don't remember how it is financed exactly but they all have their sponsors and ad revenue designs.
    We already have adblockers that allow for certain settings but truth is that websites do NOT want to ever play fair aka cookies.

    We used to all the time,like ever single site was telling us cookies were to enhance our site use...LMAO BS,cookies have always been to enhance ad revenue.SO not only do they  like to play unfair they like to lie to us as well.

    I remember when this site changed it's platform to i believe was a cheaper one i started to see double click threads.Well Bill told us it was just a glitch as th site moved over to a new site and woudl take time to iron out issues.Well that was total BS that dbl clock idea has remained ever since.

    So instead of posting an article with th econtent it is always CLICK HERE to see the content beyond the title.99% o the time there wasn't even anything mor et oread,maybe a quote or another link.

    Brave is NOT the answer and imo not even a good browser as it is basically a Chrome copy cat but a worse version of.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IDC about tipping anyone as content creators are not there for you they are trying to make money.it is like you THINK a restaurant waitress cares about you as a customer ..lol.
    Don't get me wrong there are people who in the real world are just friendly but most of the time people are thinking about money.

    If i decide to tip a waitress it is not because i think she deserves it or really cared about me as a customer,it is because i just wanted to.This is the same in everything else with me,if i want to help someone it is because i want to and not because i am looking for some favor back or i feel i owe them a favor.

    Conent creators put out content,i might read it or i might not,i never go in expecting much or feeling like i NEED to give this person some likes or a pat on the back or to give him clicks so he can make more money from YouTube.

    We see it ALLL the time now,it feels like every single video the creators are asking us to like and subscribe and follow me on 8 different platforms.Oh and here is a link to my Twitter and my Patreon.

    Sum it up simply??Content creators only purpose is to USE YOU to make revenue and look that rhymes.
    [Deleted User]

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    No thanks, I use custom Ad blockers because I don't want to be bothered by all the garbage people sell online. Throwing a few pennies at me won't change that, and as for tipping...don't even get me started on that god awful tradition.  If you take a job for 4$/hr don't expect charity from me.
    GdemamiKyleran

  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited July 2021
    Wizardry said:
    IDC about tipping anyone as content creators are not there for you they are trying to make money.it is like you THINK a restaurant waitress cares about you as a customer ..lol.
    Don't get me wrong there are people who in the real world are just friendly but most of the time people are thinking about money.

    If i decide to tip a waitress it is not because i think she deserves it or really cared about me as a customer,it is because i just wanted to.This is the same in everything else with me,if i want to help someone it is because i want to and not because i am looking for some favor back or i feel i owe them a favor.

    Conent creators put out content,i might read it or i might not,i never go in expecting much or feeling like i NEED to give this person some likes or a pat on the back or to give him clicks so he can make more money from YouTube.

    We see it ALLL the time now,it feels like every single video the creators are asking us to like and subscribe and follow me on 8 different platforms.Oh and here is a link to my Twitter and my Patreon.

    Sum it up simply??Content creators only purpose is to USE YOU to make revenue and look that rhymes.
    edit - 

    This is how it works.
    https://basicattentiontoken.org/static-assets/documents/BasicAttentionTokenWhitePaper-4.pdf

    DYOR excellent read.


    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,110
    You weren't here when the site was at its peak. It never had millions of users even then.
    GdemamiTillerKyleran
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    There are support groups that could help you leave the blockchain cult, you know.

    :)
    SandmanjwKyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

    ― Umberto Eco

    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,232
    If I wanted to get paid for enduring crap I'd become a sewage worker.
    bcbullySandmanjwKyleran
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited July 2021
    you guys are wild.

    i literally get chim, small rectangle bottom of screen, click it, close the window. While im on this site, youtube, whatever. At the end of the month I get tokens. I then contribute to sites that I enjoy. 

    Real talk why would anyone care about building a game, providing articles or anything for people like you in this genre.

    If I were a dev I'd keep skinner-boxing you mental midgets to death for another 10 years! Learning impaired much? Ladder don't reach too high? ahahhahahahaha

    @Iselin you cool tho
    Kyleran
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited July 2021
    nubs, bads, terrabads, you probably wear greens lol

    edit- you complain about inventory space in free to play games don't you?


    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    Lets see...freely admits to posting to get "legendary", then can't handle the opinions posted to OP so blatantly personally attacks others....Ya, you sound like someone worthy of being legendary....NOT!

     
    GdemamiKyleran
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,272
    edited July 2021
    This whole thread is an ad.

    a.k.a. sh!tpost.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    GdemamiKyleran
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
     
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited July 2021
    Sandmanjw said:
    Lets see...freely admits to posting to get "legendary", then can't handle the opinions posted to OP so blatantly personally attacks others....Ya, you sound like someone worthy of being legendary....NOT!

     
    Coming from a guy making threads about steam keys to 5 year old games, and making comments like this  -

    "To old anymore, all I see is fast gameplay that seems too much work for me to enjoy."

    Youre probably anti-iphones and googlepay too, huh Dino  :D





    tooo easy IT'S ME

    edit - @Kyleran fallout76 collateral damage  ;)
    Post edited by bcbully on
    Kyleran
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    madazz said:
    You weren't here when the site was at its peak. It never had millions of users even then.
    @MikeB tell this dude how many accounts the old site had
    IselinGdemami
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited July 2021
    bcbully said:
    madazz said:
    You weren't here when the site was at its peak. It never had millions of users even then.
    @MikeB tell this dude how many accounts the old site had
    IDK the numbers of active users it had or how many of those were dormant accounts - "millions" is likely an exaggeration of daily unique visitors even at its peak but the site used to be one hell of a lot busier with active posters even as recently as 3-5 years ago.

    I always use the "recent discussions" page as my home page here and these days the bottom of the 1st page sometimes has threads with their last activity a couple of days ago.

    3-5 years ago that bottom thread's most recent post was almost never more than 4 or 5 hours old. That's definitely a significant change. 
    bcbullycameltosis[Deleted User]GorweKyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

    ― Umberto Eco

    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited July 2021
    Iselin said:
    bcbully said:
    madazz said:
    You weren't here when the site was at its peak. It never had millions of users even then.
    @MikeB tell this dude how many accounts the old site had
    IDK the numbers of active users it had or how many of those were dormant accounts - "millions" is likely an exaggeration of daily unique visitors even at its peak but the site used to be one hell of a lot busier with active posters even as recently as 3-5 years ago.

    I always use the "recent discussions" page as my home page here and these days the bottom of the 1st page sometimes has threads with their last activity a couple of days ago.

    3-5 years ago that bottom thread's most recent post was almost never more than 4 or 5 hours old. That's definitely a significant change. 
    I was just telling my girl how slow the recent post page is now. I used to hit refresh and see threads bouncing around all day everytime
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,813
    I've got 4 browsers already...i dont even use 2 of them (Opera and Edge)...I just dont have the need for another one, even if it is good.
    Gdemamibcbully
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Today the couple tokens I gave are worth 40% more.

    Tipping another this month. It's the least I could do.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • jessicabutlerjessicabutler Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Delve into a riveting discussion on the intertwining realms of Brave Browser and MMORPG.com support, while unveiling the significant role played by the 'Best Wikipedia Writing Service.' In this narrative, we navigate through the synergy between cutting-edge technology and immersive gaming experiences, epitomized by Brave Browser's support for MMORPG.com. Concurrently, we shed light on the indispensable role of the Best Wikipedia writing service in crafting a compelling digital narrative. Unravel the intricate connections between these elements, where seamless browser functionality converges with a dynamic gaming community, and expertly curated Wikipedia content serves as the cornerstone for conveying a brand's essence. Embark on an insightful journey that explores the nexus of technology, gaming, and superior content creation, ultimately shaping a narrative that resonates across digital landscapes.
  • spectralaspectrala Member UncommonPosts: 97
    In a changing landscape where MMORPGs have faced challenges, Brave browser emerges as a beacon of hope, offering users control over their data and a means to support beloved platforms like MMORPG.com. With BATs as currency, tipping becomes a seamless act of appreciation, ushering in a new era of user-driven support and community engagement. Embrace the power of choice and the promise of a decentralized future.
Sign In or Register to comment.