Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online

ShelvinarrShelvinarr Member UncommonPosts: 89
Greetings! 

If you clicked this forum post, let me start off by saying thank you! I write this now to advertise for an alternative Warhammer Online server, Warhammer Apocalypse. This server aims to bring players a close representation of the Live retail game. 

As I believe in full transparency, let me give you all the details and let you decide if the server/game is for you.

Currently, the following things are fully working:

Tier 4 - Open RvR lakes
Battlefield Objectives
Keeps
Forts

Guilds

Public Quests (Mostly working, I haven't tested them all to comfortably state they all work)
Story Quests (Mostly working, same as above I haven't done every quest to know if they all are working)

Career Masteries
Career Abilities
Tactics
Renown Ranks
Renown Abilities (I believe futile strikes, resolute defense, cleansing wind, and fatal strikes are disabled)

Tier 4 Epic Weapon Quests

Crafting

Scenarios

PvE Dungeon - Lost Vale

The following are some quality of life changes until population picks up:

Instant Rank 40 scroll upon character creation
7 Day Renown Gain Potion
Free Annihilator set
Rank 39 Green Armor/Accessory/Cloak/Weapon costs 1 copper 
All medallions/Emblems for T1-T4 changed to Warcrests which drop from open RvR kills/assists/zone locks/keep/fort takes
Zone locks grant loot bags based on contribution to zone attack/defense (Same for Keep/Fort attack/defense)
Max Renown Rank is 80
Highest set gear is Warlord/Invader
Conqueror Gear drops from Scenarios
Dark Promise drops from the PvE Dungeon, Lost Vale

Now to my own personal opinion of the server:

Let me start off by stating that I have played Warhammer Online when it was Live and I have played Return of Reckoning. Neither of those makes me an expert at all things Warhammer Online, but I will say, if given a choice of which server I would choose to play between Warhammer Online - Apocalypse, Return of Reckoning, and Warhammer Online Live clearly my answer would be Live, but given that option is not possible I would much rather play Warhammer Online - Apocalypse over Return of Reckoning.

The only negatives that Warhammer Online - Apocalypse has are the low population. During EU prime time this is not an issue as you'll see two warbands on both Order and Destruction duke it out across the active zone. However, I live in Alaska and usually when I get on to play at 7 PM my time, I log in to an empty server.

The second negative would be the power creep for new players versus veterans. Yes, you get instant 40 but you start renown rank 1. And my first experience fighting against renown rank 50+ veterans with Conq or greater gear ended with me getting stomped into the ground. This is disconcerting as no one likes to lose repeatedly, but after having joined a warband, participating in some keeps/forts, it didnt take me more than a couple hours to hit renown rank 40+ and have my own set of Conq gear to be competitive. 

In closing, if you enjoy open world RvR and if you enjoy playing with a team to overcome the odds in some cases, conquer, and capture, I recommend you give Warhammer Online - Apocalypse a shot. Their website is: 
https://www.warapoc.com

Edited for link to website.

Gorwe

Comments

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Is this still around ? , cant find any details on it and your link is broke.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      Great server , lotsa fun ..

WAaaAAaAgGgGggGgHhHHhhhh!!!!!!

• ShelvinarrShelvinarr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Gorwe said:

What's the state of the server? There simply needs to be more than one...
    Unfortunately, they shut down. I agree, I wish there were more than one server. Or at least, a better one than Return of Reckoning.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    RoR would be better if they did not allow cross realming.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:

What's the state of the server? There simply needs to be more than one...
    Unfortunately, they shut down. I agree, I wish there were more than one server. Or at least, a better one than Return of Reckoning.
    Why is that? What's wrong with RoR?

Also, shame to hear they shut down. But that's reality for you - no matter how good the intentions...it's too expensive to maintain it for like 100 regulars(if that!).
    the one site is like 1k plus online

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited August 2020
    Well, return of reckoning is going strong with constant updates.  They even released new gear not on live and a new arena not on live were anybody can duel anybody (grouped and ungrouped).  There are typically weekly events for rewards.  A lot of love being put into the game.

Playerbase is strong too.  100% free to play, they are not allowed to take money.

I know it sounds a bit like a cheerleader post, but if you clicked on this thread "Warhammer Online"... then definitely give it a go.  I'm just a player.
  • Jimmy3BulletJimmy3Bullet Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    Are there any warhammer 40k competitions?
  • WulpingerWulpinger Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Is there a way to make an own offline server? Like, an emulator for private use?
    Betaguy
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Wulpinger said:
    Is there a way to make an own offline server? Like, an emulator for private use?
    Would also like to know this
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,424
    Betaguy said:
    Wulpinger said:
    Would also like to know this
    Get in touch with RoR staff. First thing to note is that besides art files and quest texts, there isn't that much of original WAR left. A LOT of it was rebuilt from reverse engineered sniffed data. So, they might be reluctant to share their work freely and create any potential competition for themselves(whatever they might say, they are rather insular and closed off, almost cult like).

But definitely ask them.