Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer 2021 - What's your haul?

MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
It's time again for Steam's summer sale.  Due to some cosmic oversight, I found myself with $50 in my gaming budget this year.  So, I splurged.  But in a semi-fiscally responsible, bargain bin kind of way.

• Plebby Quest: The Crusades ($10.99, -45%) - a cute game about one of the most brutal times in history, the Crusades.  So far, I'm working my way through the tutorial and enjoying it very much.  The interface is full of humor, and the game play is surprisingly deep.  The quirky art style is growing on me.  Diplomacy, Religion, Research, Combat, plus Kingdom development.
  • Thea 2: The Shattering  ($12.49, -%50) - Survival village builder and sequel to the the first Thea.  Filled with quirky humor and some well written narrative.  Plus, it lets you indulge yourself in random mayhem.  When you come across a demon that you think might be a "treasureboy that if you hit it with a stick it might drop some coins", it actually gives you the option to hit it with a stick and see what happens.  Slavic humor.  Plus, it's a tough game.  I'd be further along already, except for Plebby Quest.
Now, I've got an extra $20 burning a hole in my pocket.  So many to choose from.  The problems I create for myself.

So, what's your haul this year?  (Bonus points if your favorite title has a colon in it).

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Sovrath

Comments

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814
    I looked up Plebby and ended up buying Unity of Command II. On sale on Steam too.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    I only bought Persona 4 Golden and Dark Deity.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I considered Wyldermyth (not on sale)
    Aside from that I almost picked up X4
    Going Medieval almost made it into my cart as well.

In the end, I just ended up playing what I already had :)
    Mendel

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Aethaeryn said:
    I considered Wyldermyth (not on sale)
    Aside from that I almost picked up X4
    Going Medieval almost made it into my cart as well.

In the end, I just ended up playing what I already had :)

All three of those are on my Wishlist.  I don't consider anything unless its at least -40% these days.  Maybe Fall or Winter sale.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Factorio (never on sale) and Dyson Sphere Project (on sale). Not sure why I never considered playing automation games, but I found them addicting. Already put 35 hours into Factorio without even blinking.

I had already bought Industries of Titan pre-steam sale but honestly avoid that game for now if you can, it has a long road still and I'm honestly not sure what it's direction is. Not really a story yet either.

On side note, what is up with Stellaris? Seems overhyped this sale and I'm not fond of Parodox and the DLC scheme. Why do so many people think it's great? and do you need DLC?
    MendelBrainy
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I'm going to buy Monstrum.

That's all I got.  :|
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited July 2021
    Gunfire Reborn for me and my son , he loves playing that together ..

Also a bunch of  the Hunter Call of the Wild DLC .. what an amazing hunting sim .. best made to date .. by far

Gonna look thru the sales before its up may pick up a couple more games ..
    Theocritus
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Nothing so far. The two games I was interested in, Deep Rock Galactic and Crusader Kings III are on game pass.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited July 2021
    Nothing. But still looking forward to:

- Kenshi 30% off
    - Atom RPG 30% off
    - Hellsign 50% off
    - Legends of Ellaria 55% off
    - Gloomhaven 25% off
    - Iratus 66% off
    - Encased 20% off
    - Heretic Operative 33% off
    - Trials of Fire 20% off
    - 9th Dawn 3 40% off

Got loads more but some aren’t on sale or so well known that they aren’t worth mentioning anyways.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Gorwe
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,424
    edited July 2021
    Why, Nioh 2, ofc! I'd've preferred a 25%er, but 20% is agreeable too. I'll play it when I go to vacation this September. Can't wait!

I'll probably purchase some Total Warhammer DLCs and a PoE 2 DLC. Nothing fancy, but that's probably because I already have most of things I want or need. :)
    lahnmir said:

- Kenshi 30% off
    - Atom RPG 30% off
    - Hellsign 50% off
    - Gloomhaven 25% off
    - Iratus 66% off
    - Encased 20% off
    - Trials of Fire 20% off
    - 9th Dawn 3 40% off

Got loads more but some aren’t on sale or so well known that they aren’t worth mentioning anyways.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Gloomhaven? There is a Gloomhaven PC game? I know that Iron Harvest is pretty close to Scythe, but Gloomhaven?
    Gorwe said:
    Why, Nioh 2, ofc! I'd've preferred a 25%er, but 20% is agreeable too. I'll play it when I go to vacation this September. Can't wait!

I'll probably purchase some Total Warhammer DLCs and a PoE 2 DLC. Nothing fancy, but that's probably because I already have most of things I want or need. :)
    lahnmir said:

- Kenshi 30% off
    - Atom RPG 30% off
    - Hellsign 50% off
    - Gloomhaven 25% off
    - Iratus 66% off
    - Encased 20% off
    - Trials of Fire 20% off
    - 9th Dawn 3 40% off

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Gloomhaven? There is a Gloomhaven PC game? I know that Iron Harvest is pretty close to Scythe, but Gloomhaven?
    Aye, Gloomhaven. Its supposed to be a brilliant adaptation of the board game as well.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Gorwe

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Tiller said:
    Factorio (never on sale) and Dyson Sphere Project (on sale). Not sure why I never considered playing automation games, but I found them addicting. Already put 35 hours into Factorio without even blinking.

I had already bought Industries of Titan pre-steam sale but honestly avoid that game for now if you can, it has a long road still and I'm honestly not sure what it's direction is. Not really a story yet either.

On side note, what is up with Stellaris? Seems overhyped this sale and I'm not fond of Parodox and the DLC scheme. Why do so many people think it's great? and do you need DLC?

I'm not entirely sure about Stellaris.  I got the base game about 2 years ago, and was pretty disappointed.  The Paradox DLC mechanism simply changes everything around, and they tend to want to charge for it.  There's a lot of people that worship that game, but I don't understand it.  It really seems that some of the DLC are almost a must, but I don't know which ones.

I messed around with a Factorio demo, but the invading swarms were too much for me.  I like building games, but that didn't work for me.  It's almost an idle type game.

Tiller

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Mendel said:
    Tiller said:

I'm not entirely sure about Stellaris.  I got the base game about 2 years ago, and was pretty disappointed.  The Paradox DLC mechanism simply changes everything around, and they tend to want to charge for it.  There's a lot of people that worship that game, but I don't understand it.  It really seems that some of the DLC are almost a must, but I don't know which ones.

I messed around with a Factorio demo, but the invading swarms were too much for me.  I like building games, but that didn't work for me.  It's almost an idle type game.

They attack as you pollute. I thought the same thing as well when I first tried the demo, until I learned that you can put the biters in 2 modes, only attack if attacked, or remove them entirely from the map (peace mode).
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:

lahnmir said:

- Kenshi 30% off
    - Atom RPG 30% off
    - Hellsign 50% off
    - Gloomhaven 25% off
    - Iratus 66% off
    - Encased 20% off
    - Trials of Fire 20% off
    - 9th Dawn 3 40% off

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Aye, Gloomhaven. Its supposed to be a brilliant adaptation of the board game as well.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Can or will it be playable solo? Or do you need other players?
  • fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    edited July 2021
    I got Ori And The Will of The Wisps. I loved the first Ori and loving this one  too. It’s just an absolutely beautiful and immersive game.

I also got Aseprite and RPG Maker 2003. These weren’t even on my radar. Steam just recommended them to me. 

Aseprite is one the best tools for making pixel art, and it was super cheap. I think just $2-3. RPG Maker was only $2 and it looks like fun. Maybe I’ll try making a 2D RPG and use Aseprite to make the art!

I also preorded the entire Final Fantasy pixel remaster bundle too so I’ll have some inspiration :D
  • Randomuser2020876Randomuser2020876 Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Not a damn thing. It's all either old and already owned, contard ports, cash grabs like all the "retro" pixel trash, early access garbage that will never release, or just the newest batch of all around junk.
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:

lahnmir said:

- Kenshi 30% off
    - Atom RPG 30% off
    - Hellsign 50% off
    - Gloomhaven 25% off
    - Iratus 66% off
    - Encased 20% off
    - Trials of Fire 20% off
    - 9th Dawn 3 40% off

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Regardless, I'll keep an eye on Gloom. See what's what.
    Gorwe said:
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:

lahnmir said:

- Kenshi 30% off
    - Atom RPG 30% off
    - Hellsign 50% off
    - Gloomhaven 25% off
    - Iratus 66% off
    - Encased 20% off
    - Trials of Fire 20% off
    - 9th Dawn 3 40% off

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I am not sure tbh, from what I have gathered its multiplayer only but not 100% sure.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

edited July 2021
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:

lahnmir said:

- Kenshi 30% off
    - Atom RPG 30% off
    - Hellsign 50% off
    - Gloomhaven 25% off
    - Iratus 66% off
    - Encased 20% off
    - Trials of Fire 20% off
    - 9th Dawn 3 40% off

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I am not sure tbh, from what I have gathered its multiplayer only but not 100% sure.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Singleplayer has a way of popping up in such games. Will see.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:

lahnmir said:

- Kenshi 30% off
    - Atom RPG 30% off
    - Hellsign 50% off
    - Gloomhaven 25% off
    - Iratus 66% off
    - Encased 20% off
    - Trials of Fire 20% off
    - 9th Dawn 3 40% off

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    It’s both single and multiplayer. Multiplayer was having some issues, I don’t know if the last patch fixed it up any but we were having lots of problems with players losing connection in multiplayer then having to wait until the scenario was over until they could hook back up again.
    lahnmirGorwe

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:

lahnmir said:

- Kenshi 30% off
    - Atom RPG 30% off
    - Hellsign 50% off
    - Gloomhaven 25% off
    - Iratus 66% off
    - Encased 20% off
    - Trials of Fire 20% off
    - 9th Dawn 3 40% off

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    It’s both single and multiplayer. Multiplayer was having some issues, I don’t know if the last patch fixed it up any but we were having lots of problems with players losing connection in multiplayer then having to wait until the scenario was over until they could hook back up again.

Great! Will get it once it fully releases. Gloomhaven's always awesome!
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    I spent my money on New World and Lost Ark..... so I didn't have any left over for the steam sale. :-(

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Scorchien said:
    Gunfire Reborn for me and my son , he loves playing that together ..

Also a bunch of  the Hunter Call of the Wild DLC .. what an amazing hunting sim .. best made to date .. by far

Gonna look thru the sales before its up may pick up a couple more games ..

THe Hunter is  fun hunting sim no doubt and I dont even hunt in RL......IT has a few issues but overall a fun game....I jsut play the base game once in awhile, no DLCs.