Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You Can Wave To Get NPC's Attention In VR MMO Zenith: The Last City | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageYou Can Wave To Get NPC's Attention In VR MMO Zenith: The Last City | MMORPG.com

Zenith: The Last City is showing off a new way to interact with its NPCs today. Turns out, simply an act of waving will get their attention.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jason523jason523 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    OrbusVR players will be right at home then.
    RemyVorenderultimateduck
  • TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 190
    NPCs with popup dialog? Is that a skill bar at the bottom?

You can't design a VR MMO to play like any normal MMO. You're kind of missing the whole point of being VR in the first place.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I knew VR was going to be a marketed over hyped pile of junk but it came out worse than i thought it could.10+ years from now when some tech outfit comes up with some new VR gimmick we wil see it revamped nd hyped again and still not be even close to where VR needs to be.

Hint ,a hand or hands on a screen is NOT even remotely close to how it needs to be and ugly hand/s at that.Supporting the VR crap we have been fed is supporting LAZY cheap work.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,272
    edited July 2021

Wizardry said:

I knew VR was going to be a marketed over hyped pile of junk but it came out worse than i thought it could.10+ years from now when some tech outfit comes up with some new VR gimmick we wil see it revamped nd hyped again and still not be even close to where VR needs to be.

Hint ,a hand or hands on a screen is NOT even remotely close to how it needs to be and ugly hand/s at that.Supporting the VR crap we have been fed is supporting LAZY cheap work.

Clearly a reply made out of pure ignorance.

The first modern VR HMD was marketed for public sales in 2015/2016, not 10 years. They have gone from pretty decent but mainly limited to "experiences" using an Xbox controller to full blown 4k resolution, 6DoF, full hand/finger tracking and AAA titles in a little more than 5 years. If you really have money, there's also haptics and motion seats for sim racing and flying.

How things are viewed in VR is much different than how they look on a flat screen, which is why VR often looks simplistic when seeing it like you are on a monitor... something you'd know if you ever put on a headset and actually played a game.

As for the game, I'm glad it getting attention. There's a handful of VR MMO titles I'm pretty stoked about including this one. I really hope they take the time to add depth to classes and character progression.

Verenathsupx2
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Wish I could wave to a dev to get their attention and an Alpha invite! lol
    ultimateduck

Joined - July 2004

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,272
    Xodic said:
    Waving to fill up a progress bar that initiates a dialogue box upon completion reminds me of repeatedly smashing 'A' to break free of a grapple.

It feels out of place to me.
    Agreed. The wave progress bar is way to slow. I don't want to have to wave at someone for 5 seconds to get their attention.