Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RuneScape Adds City of Senntisten, First Quest For Both Desktop And Mobile Platforms | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageRuneScape Adds City of Senntisten, First Quest For Both Desktop And Mobile Platforms | MMORPG.com

RuneScape launched the next instalment of its Elder Gods Story arc today, the City of Senntisten. This marks the first time since RuneScape launched on mobile that the developer has released a major quest for both player bases.

Read the full story here

Comments

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    I've started playing this game, and people tout the quests like it's some big deal. Which I personally don't understand. Literally every MMO I've played so far has quests - and so far, the quests I've done in Runescape 3 have about as much substance as those other quests in different MMOs I've done.

Am I missing something here? Why is it such a big deal?
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

I've started playing this game, and people tout the quests like it's some big deal. Which I personally don't understand. Literally every MMO I've played so far has quests - and so far, the quests I've done in Runescape 3 have about as much substance as those other quests in different MMOs I've done.

Are you sure people aren't talking about Old School RuneScape?
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Most quests in Runescape unlocks skills, items, dungeons, zones, etc.

That's the..substance of it. And yes, they are a big deal.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535

IceAge said:

Most quests in Runescape unlocks skills, items, dungeons, zones, etc.

That's the..substance of it. And yes, they are a big deal.

Because it unlocks a skill?

...Okay then. FF14 has unlock quests for features, I usually don't see articles about those.
    WoW has unlock quests for raids.
    Starwars have unlock quests for dailies and flash points.

What makes Runescape a bigger deal than those?