Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mike's Best of E3 2021 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageMike's Best of E3 2021 | MMORPG.com

With few exceptions, E3 2021 was a major letdown. This shouldn't really come as a surprise, what with COVID complicating development for games across the industry. It hasn't been an easy year for anyone, so I truthfully wasn't expecting much more than what we got. That said, there were still a couple of notable games for me, so let's dive in.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I will keep an eye on Stalker but i am not holding my breathe because the industry when comes to rehashing older titles has been rushing out the sequels in half assed fashion.

That Todd Howard dude turned me off and the speeches they gave were lol sad patronizing BS.

Starfield was hyped without having ANYTHING to show us so you can tell how marketing drives these games to higher popularity than they deserve.You can bet that if Starfield had anything good to show us they would but they don't so it is better to keep the hype alive until later.

saker

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    edited June 2021
    Battlefield 2142 was my favourite version of BF back in the day, the nukes and ship destruction gave it an edge. Stalker is an old favourite as well, often still talked about, but for both of these titles it is wait and see. Once they have launched and I see some good reviews, good steam commentary, hear from some friends who are early buyers (few of us are these days) then I will think about putting my hat in.
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Starfield seems another PR stunt ive given up on bethesda
    Eiyden chronicle is the only thing Im interested from this list I loved the old suikoden games if they do them justice it will be a treat
    MensurLackingMMO
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    Starfield will be another big time flop.
    foxgirlWarlyx

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    So they expect Starfield to be ready by 11-11-22... interesting. More interested in what the game is actually about.

Mensur said:

"Another big time flop" lol because all of Bethesda's games have been huge failures. Right... ok bub.
    [Deleted User]Mendel
  • AugustusGAugustusG Member UncommonPosts: 73
    edited June 2021
    They're only stacking game of the year's trophy.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    edited June 2021

Mensur said:

I am curious why you think that?
    I mean, I suppose that depends on whether he's making a qualitative or a financial judgement, because the two aren't the same. A successful game isn't necessarily good and a good game unfortunately isn't necessarily successful.

Cyberpunk was a success. It's also a still-burning trash fire. And if he means that Starfield will be the next Cyberpunk, I could very much see that happening.
    Randomuser2020876
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.

This has me excited. Loved Suikoden.
    [Deleted User]cheyane

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Hmmm, I'm not a big E3 guy, but I do like these kind of round ups.  I understand why, but it seems kinda anti climactic this year.

I self identify as a monkey.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    edited June 2021
    kitarad said:

It really does look good.

Between this and Dark Deity, I actually prefered the indie game launches to the AAA reveals this year. And that's baffling to me, because I'm not a hipste-... I mean indie gamer.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    slim pickings this year.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    edited June 2021

kitarad said:

+1

hoping for a good battle system :)
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    biggest things from E3 for me were the pirates collab with sea of thieves, advanced wars remake, and lost ark

Lost ark you could play immediately , sea of thieves collab coming out in 2 days too
  • LamiaCritterLamiaCritter Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Metroid returning to it's roots 'for the first time in a long time'? Uhhh... what?
    You know Metroid Samus' Return released only a few years ago for 3DS, right?

Also, the Battlefield trailer... ehhhhhhhhhhhhh... it just looks like all the other Call of Duty and Battlefield clones; i.e. the same as its predecessors.
    kitarad said:

I nearly jumped out of my seat, thought that said Elyria Chronicles. ;)
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Metroid returning to it's roots 'for the first time in a long time'? Uhhh... what?

Also, the Battlefield trailer... ehhhhhhhhhhhhh... it just looks like all the other Call of Duty and Battlefield clones; i.e. the same as its predecessors.

That was just a remake of Metroid II: Return of Samus. It's been 19 years since Nintendo released a NEW 2D Metroid.
    edited June 2021
    MikeB said:

That was just a remake of Metroid II: Return of Samus. It's been 19 years since Nintendo released a NEW 2D Metroid.
    If you don't know the detail on every game released for at least the last twenty years get out of the kitchen. ;)
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    *sigh*  Another year with nothing but FPS games to look forward to.

I was impressed by the Starfield video.  Nice near-future feel to it.  Now, how those images relate to game play is anybody's guess.  A FPS-blast-everything-that-moves fest?  A different take on NMS?  A space-based survival game?

At least there was a release date we can share a laugh at in 2024.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.