Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria Developers Show Off Kingdoms of Elyria Footage; Lawsuit Group Posts Court Chall

2»

Comments

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Nilden said:

Kyleran said:

Albatroes said:

I'm done with this site. Continuing to treat garbage stuff like this remotely serious is the last straw for me. The court stuff, sure acknowledge that, but the nerve to call this ONE GUY developers.....Later all.

Can I have your stuff? ;)

He's not wrong and he's not the only one.

He is wrong though. That being said if you're the other one, since I missed out on his, can I have your stuff?

Look, if some dude in his mom's basement with no job and a poor grasp on a video game can be an influencer, this guy with next to no knowledge of creating a game can call himself a developer. Welcome to 2021.

I think he is right to an extent. I started reading MMORPG news websites around 2010-2011 and back then it was more like this:

Game X releases expansion Y with a new class Z

Game X is heading to CBT on date Y, you can sign up here

A new game called X with features Y and Z is currently in development by a Chinese company called Q

Game X shuts down after running for Y years

Nowadays it's just:

Kickstarter MMO scam X is being sued for Y amount of money

Early Alpha MMO X has the cheapest founder packs starting at $4000

Indie in-development MMORPG X shuts down after unsuccessful Closed Alpha, because the one and a half developers stubbed their toes on a chair

Indie Sandbox MMORPG game about nothing with promises about everything launches with a bare-bones world and a generic crafting system and nothing else, leaving players to build the other 99% of the game for the developers while they reap the rewards

And then these so-called "MMO YouTubers" like KiraTV, Josh Strife Hayes, Callum Upton, MMOByte and whatever, all of their videos are just:

Every MMO sucks

Every MMO is a scam and is out to get you

Regarding the last bit where these YouTubers try to expose MMOs is not inherently bad, all of them, including websites like MMORPG.com, MassivelyOP.com and all the rest are just feeding on drama. All of their news is just drama, drama, drama. I'm also not omitting the fact that lately there have been a lot more scams in the MMO genre than actual games and the games that actually release tend to be complete garbage, but just jumping in on this bandwagon means these outlets have completely sold their integrity. Even if magically all the drama, scams disappear as if they never existed and are replaced with generic, mediocre to remotely successful F2P Asian MMO's all these websites and YouTubers will go out of business, because all they can do is complain or try to "expose" or look for drama, they can't do anything else anymore.
    GdemamiKyleranChampie
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Hopefully they can get this lawsuit dismissed before their free trial of Atavism expires!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Albatroes said:
    I'm done with this site. Continuing to treat garbage stuff like this remotely serious is the last straw for me. The court stuff, sure acknowledge that, but the nerve to call this ONE GUY developers.....Later all.
    With a title like...

"

Discussion / Chronicles of Elyria Developers Show Off Kingdoms of Elyria Footage; Lawsuit Group Posts Court Chall"

How is MMORPG.com doing anyone harm. They are pointing out what this source is. HE is a developer. You can watch many videos on his creations. With this title they are showing what type of developer he is. A bad one. Thats no different then calling out a restaurant for ripping off customers, it still a restaurant even if their food is not fit to be eaten.  

Kyleran
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Torval said:
    WTF did I just see? What is a neckbeard in Hunter Thompson style gonzo golf attire doing in a high fantasy setting?

I'm afraid I saw it, too.  Where is the 'unsee it' button?  This site really needs an unsee button.

NanfoodleKyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Nilden said:
    Kyleran said:
    Albatroes said:

He is wrong though. That being said if you're the other one, since I missed out on his, can I have your stuff?

Look, if some dude in his mom's basement with no job and a poor grasp on a video game can be an influencer, this guy with next to no knowledge of creating a game can call himself a developer. Welcome to 2021.
    Did you watch the video?

I hope that it's obvious to someone even without dev experience that this is bullsh!t. Remember he already had 4 years and 8 million dollars.

You should be able to tell right from the start when this hack is explaining how to click on an icon that he is manufacturing evidence for the court. 

As far as having my stuff... Naa I'll just delete my account like DMKano.

Albatroes is right and this is garbage.
    GdemamiKyleran

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Caspien's reminding me more and more of  JamesP (Greedmonger) every day.  It used to be how he overestimated his abilities and underestimated the work, but now his project actually looks a lot like JamesP's stuff.

Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172

Nilden said:

Kyleran said:

Albatroes said:

I think he is right to an extent. I started reading MMORPG news websites around 2010-2011 and back then it was more like this:

Game X releases expansion Y with a new class Z

Game X is heading to CBT on date Y, you can sign up here

A new game called X with features Y and Z is currently in development by a Chinese company called Q

Game X shuts down after running for Y years

Nowadays it's just:

Kickstarter MMO scam X is being sued for Y amount of money

Early Alpha MMO X has the cheapest founder packs starting at $4000

Indie in-development MMORPG X shuts down after unsuccessful Closed Alpha, because the one and a half developers stubbed their toes on a chair

Indie Sandbox MMORPG game about nothing with promises about everything launches with a bare-bones world and a generic crafting system and nothing else, leaving players to build the other 99% of the game for the developers while they reap the rewards

Once upon a time MMORPG and similar sites had a full larder to work with, so could put out one tasty meal after the other.

Now that larder is bare, so they are struggling to make finger sandwiches.
    ChampieGdemami
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited June 2021
    Now he's just trolling with that character in golf clothes that kinda looks like him. Is he joking/taunting by implying he's golfing now with the money he stole?

At this point the COE saga can only be one of two things...

1. Was always a scam where no game was ever going to be made.
    2. He intended to make it but somewhere along the way decided he won't for whatever reason(s).

After collecting 8mil anyone who wanted to make a game COULD even if it doesn't have everything promised. It is impossible even with the excuse of incompetence to not at least make something more than a tech demo for 4-8mil. Didn't the Repopulation make their poorly coded system explodin' game for hundreds of thousands? and just like this guy supposedly had no prior game development experience?

Either before the game started collecting money or after the decision was made to NOT develop a game and that's the story.
    Post edited by BruceYee on
    ashiru_1978GdemamiUngood
  • mraneremranere Member UncommonPosts: 29
    This is one of those crowd funded scam MMO things, right?
    KyleranGdemamiUngood
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    mranere said:
    This is one of those crowd funded scam MMO things, right?
    Probably the poster child for them.
    Mendel[Deleted User]Ungood

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Robokapp said:
    looks like a singleplayer game to me. i dont see any massive-multiplayer content.
    KOE is a single player game that allegedly will be a cornerstone for one day building the multi player COE.

But only the diehard fan(atics) believe that.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Scot said:

This is like a Shakespearian tragedy, all is not well in the state of Elyria.

Something is rotten in the state of Elyria? :)

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• zacho56zacho56 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    This 'game' is such a trash-heap
    Kyleran said:
    Robokapp said:
    looks like a singleplayer game to me. i dont see any massive-multiplayer content.
    KOE is a single player game that allegedly will be a cornerstone for one day building the multi player COE.

Actually KoE: Settlements is a single player phase of the game but that is just phase 1 of 4 in Caspien's master plan.  His next Phases are KoE:Domains and KoE: Online , which are supposed to have 5000 player servers for his deep and Grand Strategy RTS game.  Then the paste phase is :KOE: Legacies which is the part originally promised for CoE.  That is where the game will have maps based on the CoE game servers.

Anyone who believes this stuff... well...  I think you all know where that leads.

Kyleran[Deleted User]

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Kyleran said:
    I'm amazed he hasn't thought to add Blockchain / NFTs, would be right up his alley.

Nevermind, unlikey he even knows what they are.

;)
    It's not like he has to know what blockchain is to promise to add it to the game.  All that it needs to mean is something that will convince people to give you money.
    Kyleran
  • rathalas22rathalas22 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited June 2021
    This (promise of a) game is the gift that keeps on giving. I’ve gotten tremendous amounts of entertainment from the forums from this. I almost feel I should give some money for that enjoyment alone. Fortunately Caspian is an absolute asshat, so would never see a dime of my money.
    You should see the "counsel" he's providing his remaining followers, to stick to the "facts" and his "proven" delivery progress.

The level of delusion is off the charts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChroniclesOfElyriaCon/comments/o43hld/be_ready_for_we_are_the_storm_peptalk/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
    [Deleted User]Slapshot1188Ungoodlotrlore

edited June 2021
    Well... that's just sad to see.

But if you think about it, the root of this is when he told his members to go out and "Spread the Gospel of CoE" a few years ago and to shut down the critics and “Harbingers".

He and his little Ivory Tower band got their asses kicked on every forum, Discord and Reddit.

So I guess he thinks this is the opposite of that.  Just let the Ivory Tower stay disconnected from the world of facts and reality so that he can keep feeding them the same hopes and dreams bullshit.

When he finally gets the guts to release the thrice delayed and severely reduced "test" he and anyone who defends him is going to get roasted worse than a pig at a luau.

But nice to see that he found a home to post his bullshit since he can't show his face on his own forums or any other public location.

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    GdemamiKyleran

• RenGinGinRenGinGin Member UncommonPosts: 29
    edited June 2021
    Quick meme of CoE
    maskedweasel
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    edited June 2021
    If I ever play this game, I really hope my character doesn't look like Joe Average millennial in skinny ankle pants like in that demo.
    RenGinGinKyleran

You stay sassy!

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Kyleran said:
    Robokapp said:

Actually KoE: Settlements is a single player phase of the game but that is just phase 1 of 4 in Caspien's master plan.  His next Phases are KoE:Domains and KoE: Online , which are supposed to have 5000 player servers for his deep and Grand Strategy RTS game.  Then the paste phase is :KOE: Legacies which is the part originally promised for CoE.  That is where the game will have maps based on the CoE game servers.

Anyone who believes this stuff... well...  I think you all know where that leads.

Then comes COE; Unchained
    Kyleran
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Tamanous said:
    If I ever play this game, I really hope my character doesn't look like Joe Average millennial in skinny ankle pants like in that demo.
    You don't need to worry.  You'll never play this game.
    UngoodTokkenKyleran
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    RenGinGin said:
    Quick meme of CoE

I thought of this, but too lazy to make one of COE, EA will have to suffice.
    [Deleted User]RenGinGin
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.