Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone buying a founders pack?

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
  Are they even worth it if you plan on playing this game? I almost caught the hype and bought one, then realized, this game is only OK, and I would basically be paying for a game that is free to pay.
SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited June 2021
    OK well after playing a bit more and learning there is lots more to this game such as owning your own island, sailing, high level open world raids ect I may consider buying a gold pack, that is after they announce the monetization so we can figure out the value in each pack.

Quote from Amazon games on steam forum:

Windsward  [developer]

We haven't announced any details of our monetization plan, folks are reacting to the existing monetization models for Korea and Russia and Founder's Pack contents.

So far we have only said, "We understand the business model is a primary concern for players in the West. In all regions, Lost Ark is a free to play game with optional in-game purchases. We want to assure players that the Western version of Lost Ark will be a fair, fun, and a great gaming experience where in-game purchases are completely optional. We think it is important that players have a path to acquire all items in our version of Lost Ark without having to make a purchase with few exceptions. (For example, Founders Packs, services like name changes, etc.) We are still working through the details with Smilegate and will share more details later this summer along with our Prime Gaming benefits."

We will share more details as we get closer to Beta.

Informative newbie guide:

SWG Bloodfin vet

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited June 2021
    The founder pack items have value yep, 

Of all the items only this 3 really have value. Everything else is mostly getting things like that at the start of the game because just playing the story it achieves it on itself.

Things like mounts and pets you get them via story anyway and they don't differ much beyond their main utility, on higher package only character expansion slot something that'll be needed for peeps who will go for multi-char.

As far as P2W, this game is likely falling into that thing you obtain the same rewards that you can pay cash store by playing, specifically the daily and weekly tasks and events as end-game leans a lot on farming specific items to continue building up gear score/etc.

I wouldn't believe the game would get a monetization as aggressive as with the KR/RU versions, neither do I think it will impact its success much on the same lines of BDO there.
    TillerBruceYeechojin2k
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    tried it for a for minutes, couldn't really get into it TBH. 
    Remali
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • Azerox050Azerox050 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Nope and wont even play, filthy cash-grab game.
    Armored22
  • phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Yup I've been following this game for about 3 years in other regions.  I plan on being a bad boy and getting the platinum pack.  This game isn't p2w (I define p2w as the ability to buy power that you are unable to earn through regular play) or I wouldn't patronize it.

You can skip a founder's pack and just buy a pet and be fine (I'd guess a pet will be ~$10).  Or you can wait for an event to give away a pet for free if you want to pay nothing.  Wallet warriors can progress faster than f2ps, but you will catch up with them before new content releases.  Great game for a f2p or a low paying player (i plan to spend only 15/mo), try it out.
    BruceYeechojin2k
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    The question should be... "Who ISN'T buying a founder's pack?"

After over half a decade of waiting for the game to come to the west you bet your A I'm buying one.

Thanks Smed
    phoenixfire2SandmanjwSetzerchojin2k
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I really did not think much of this game ..far to Asian feel for me
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Of course someone is. I won't be.
    Sandmanjw
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    BruceYee said:

After over half a decade of waiting for the game to come to the west you bet your A I'm buying one.

Thanks Smed
    ditto

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

edited June 2021
    BruceYee said:

Thanks Smed

Ahh this is Smed's game he's been working on getting to Amazon? Didn't know that. If so thx Smed xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    I just refunded mine. Turns out in addition to PvP, Hell Mode raids “normalize” gear stats skills. So dumb. I hate p2w but normalizing builds in a MMORPG is equally fucking idiotic. Thats like one of the main points in RPGs is to level up, get better gear, more stats, more skills. Having normalized stuff is absolutely idiotic. Its basically a fucking MOBA now.
    strawhat0981
    I just refunded mine. Turns out in addition to PvP, Hell Mode raids “normalize” gear stats skills. So dumb. I hate p2w but normalizing builds in a MMORPG is equally fucking idiotic. Thats like one of the main points in RPGs is to level up, get better gear, more stats, more skills. Having normalized stuff is absolutely idiotic. Its basically a fucking MOBA now.

Any changes are in Korea and RU so far. No one has any idea what is planned for the western release and when, and nothing is set in stone. It is not anything like a multiplayer online battle arena just because they normalize stats for certain content. Skill based content has been a thing in many mmos.

SWG Bloodfin vet

edited June 2021
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• DaisyflowerDaisyflower Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    Yep bought platinum founders pack .very excited to play the game