Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpunk 2077

AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
Sorry for digging up this old news, but GoG currently has Cyberpunk 2077 on sale for now. Is it worth any(?) price currently, about $40 USD? It was a game I was looking forward to pre-launch :)

Is has the sale going on through June, but I've no idea if Cyberpunk will available for the sale. This is the first time I've discounted. Admittedly, I don't "hang out" on GoG everyday, all day :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

[Deleted User]Asheram

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It's a much maligned but very good game if you like story-driven RPGs.

Very similar to Witcher 3 in that respect, the Mass Effect games or Deus Ex which is the closest thing to it thematically.

I've played it through 3 times so far and have zero regrets.
    SovrathAlBQuirkyrojoArcueidScotsumdumguy1[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]laseritKidRiskand 1 other.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    AlBQuirky said:
    Sorry for digging up this old news, but GoG currently has Cyberpunk 2077 on sale for now. Is it worth any(?) price currently, about $40 USD? It was a game I was looking forward to pre-launch :)

Is has the sale going on through June, but I've no idea if Cyberpunk will available for the sale. This is the first time I've discounted. Admittedly, I don't "hang out" on GoG everyday, all day :)

It's fine.

I would buy it without hesitation. I can't speak for how it runs on consoles though I think it's supposed to run just fine on the new consoles.

I have it on PC and it's fine.
    AlBQuirkyrojoArcueidsumdumguy1[Deleted User][Deleted User]laseritKidRisk
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    edited June 2021
    Yes it is absolutely worth it.  I also had very few glitches playing the game.  I did play on a pc though.  My cousin now plays this on his ps4 and says he has not had any issues playing since he started at the end of April. 
    rojoArcueidAlBQuirky[Deleted User]KidRiskKyleran
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2021
    Yes it is absolutely worth it.  I also had very few glitches playing the game.  I did play on a pc though.  My cousin now plays this on his ps4 and says he has not had any issues playing since he started at the end of April. 

I have the PS4 version as well because i wanted a physical version. After I installed an SSD on my base model PS4 the only big problem I have is the low framerate (25-30 mostly on the lower end) due to the obviously old hardware. And a couple of times I saw some NPCs clipping on a wall. With a regular HDD it was unplayable.
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]Kyleran

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited June 2021
    Torval said:
    Just get it if you're interested. $40 is a pretty decent price for AAA gaming. So what if it has some bugs and weirdness. There are a ton of other games with issues as bad or worse. A vanilla Fallout 4 install is buggy and crash prone and most people just shrug it off like business as usual. Don't let that stop you from enjoying a game.

I did :blush:

Bought yesterday after all of the positive feedback. Thanks all!

PS: When I e-mail for my purchase (I bought 4 other games I had my wishlist, too), I got a separate e-mail thanking me for giving them the chance to prove Cyberpunk 2077 is a good game. I thought that a cool thing to do, even though I know it's just a "bot letter", but it shows they acknowledge that they messed up :)
    Scot[Deleted User][Deleted User]IselinAsheramlaseritKidRisk

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Nyctelios said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    Torval said:
    Just get it if you're interested. $40 is a pretty decent price for AAA gaming. So what if it has some bugs and weirdness. There are a ton of other games with issues as bad or worse. A vanilla Fallout 4 install is buggy and crash prone and most people just shrug it off like business as usual. Don't let that stop you from enjoying a game.

PS: When I e-mail for my purchase (I bought 4 other games I had my wishlist, too), I got a separate e-mail thanking me for giving them the chance to prove Cyberpunk 2077 is a good game. I thought that a cool thing to do, even though I know it's just a "bot letter", but it shows they acknowledge that they messed up :)
    CDPR is not an evil company. Some people on their directors/producers roles messed up, but the social media, development base are very kind and welcoming. I'm glad your are enjoying your time with GoG.com and I suggest you try out the Galaxy Launcher. It is amazing.

I am seriously considering that. I tried Galaxy when they first launched it and I saw it as "just another Steam." I realize that they're now on version 2.0, so maybe its time for another look :)

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    AlBQuirky said:
    Torval said:

Let us know what you think . Good or bad.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    AlBQuirky said:
    Torval said:

AlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    The game is gorgeous if you manage to get the settings dialed in. At first I tried the nVidia suggested settings, but it wasn't that good. I ended up going down to low settings with the fps counter on and saw the effect each setting had on the graphics.

I specifically went to an area that would be demanding on the GPU. During the prologue, the No Tell Motel while it's raining would be a good spot to check graphic settings. I first cranked up the most important features for good graphic quality that are old tech and shouldn't be straining. Then I ticked up each individual setting to see if it impacted my fps. Basically, volumetric and raytracing will kill your fps.
    AlBQuirky
  • KamsanYounKamsanYoun Newbie CommonPosts: 1

So I just started playing CP2077 this past week and overall I really enjoy it (aside from the constant crashing every 2-5 hrs). The way everything looks is gorgeous and the combat can be really fun. Some of the stories and characters are very interesting, wasn’t expecting it to be as dark with the subject matter but I like it.

Problem is before playing CP2077 I was deep in a Deus Ex Mankind Divided playthrough and that game just plays soooo much smoother than CP2077. Now when I’m playing Cyberpunk I get disappointed if I can’t find a way into a door or when I’m saddled into a linear path to finish a quest. I know a big difference is that Deus Ex is a lot of world building shoved into a tiny map and that the series has been around way longer.

Just an observation really. I like both games and wish there was a way to mash the two because I love the look and characters of Cyberpunk more.

AlBQuirky
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990

So I just started playing CP2077 this past week and overall I really enjoy it (aside from the constant crashing every 2-5 hrs). The way everything looks is gorgeous and the combat can be really fun. Some of the stories and characters are very interesting, wasn’t expecting it to be as dark with the subject matter but I like it.

Problem is before playing CP2077 I was deep in a Deus Ex Mankind Divided playthrough and that game just plays soooo much smoother than CP2077. Now when I’m playing Cyberpunk I get disappointed if I can’t find a way into a door or when I’m saddled into a linear path to finish a quest. I know a big difference is that Deus Ex is a lot of world building shoved into a tiny map and that the series has been around way longer.

Just an observation really. I like both games and wish there was a way to mash the two because I love the look and characters of Cyberpunk more.

Welcome to the forums! :)
    AlBQuirky
    I have delved into CP2077 with mixed feelings.

I like the concept and direction. I want to experience their stories!

I can't play it.
    - Cars handle gawdawful.
    - Trying to hit my targets with guns I just can't do.

I don't think I've even made through the tutorial yet!

I've looked for mods. Nothing seems to address my woes. I guess I'll shelve this game until a future attempt :(
    laserit

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

AlBQuirky said:
    I have delved into CP2077 with mixed feelings.

I like the concept and direction. I want to experience their stories!

I can't play it.
    - Cars handle gawdawful.
    - Trying to hit my targets with guns I just can't do.

I don't think I've even made through the tutorial yet!

I've looked for mods. Nothing seems to address my woes. I guess I'll shelve this game until a future attempt :(
    All vehicles are easier to drive in 3rd person view and motorcycles are much, much easier to control. You get a free bike just after the tutorial.

I don't use guns much (quickhacks from stealth is more my thing) but I can't remember them being too much of a problem. Maybe try some mouse sensitivity adjustments?

The game is kind of bullet spongy in the early levels until you start to get better weapons and then it feels right.
    KyleranAlBQuirky

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I use a controller to drive, I can't drive worth a crap using a keyboard. I like mouse driving 10,000% more than I like keyboard driving, some games even more than a gamepad. GTA V does a wonderful job. I wonder why more developers don't add that into their driving games. First game I played using a mouse to drive was some F1 game from EA back in the late 80's and it worked great back then. 

Please developers add the ability to mouse drive in your games

Pretty please with sugar on it :)
    ScotKyleranAlBQuirky

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

edited July 2021
    laserit said:
    I use a controller to drive, I can't drive worth a crap using a keyboard. I like mouse driving 10,000% more than I like keyboard driving, some games even more than a gamepad. GTA V does a wonderful job. I wonder why more developers don't add that into their driving games. First game I played using a mouse to drive was some F1 game from EA back in the late 80's and it worked great back then. 

What I dislike most about CP2077 driving is that there is no "accelerator" adjustment. You're either accelerating, or not. So my driving is just gas. Release. Gas. Release. No thank you :(
    laserit

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217
    AlBQuirky said:

I thoroughly enjoyed it. We have extensive coverage of it if you’re interested in learning more before pulling the trigger on a purchase. Enjoy!

Review in Progress: https://www.mmorpg.com/editorials/cyberpunk-2077-pc-review-in-progress-part-one-2000120435

Final Review: https://www.mmorpg.com/reviews/cyberpunk-2077-pc-review-2000120526

Tech deep-dive: https://www.mmorpg.com/tech-analysis/cyberpunk-2077-ray-tracing-unleashed-2000120449
    AlBQuirky
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    AlBQuirky said:
    laserit said:

What I dislike most about CP2077 driving is that there is no "accelerator" adjustment. You're either accelerating, or not. So my driving is just gas. Release. Gas. Release. No thank you :(
    It’s actually enjoyable with a controller, but has a lot to catch up on driving wise when you compare it to something like GTAV
    AlBQuirky

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

AlBQuirky said:
    laserit said:

And there is not a mod out for that already? It would not bother me but we all have our bug bears when it comes to gameplay.
    Scot said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    laserit said:

And there is not a mod out for that already? It would not bother me but we all have our bug bears when it comes to gameplay.

I did find one on Nexus Mods that said it "improved" the driving. I found a couple of other unrelated mods there, but could not get any of them working through Nexus's Vortex launcher. It may be a good mod, but it may just be my own ineptitude :)

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I don't know if this might work for you but I find a third person mod can often help in making it easier to aim and do various things. Not to mention that any first person game will give me a massive headache real quick.

So even though you might have no issues with the perspective it might help in other areas or just make it worse but it might be worth a shot.
    ScotAlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
    AlBQuirky said:
    Scot said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    laserit said:

I did find one on Nexus Mods that said it "improved" the driving. I found a couple of other unrelated mods there, but could not get any of them working through Nexus's Vortex launcher. It may be a good mod, but it may just be my own ineptitude :)
    It may just be that updates to the game have rendered the mods ineffective.
    AlBQuirky
  • AfghanTalibanAfghanTaliban Newbie CommonPosts: 6
    I haven't played this game yet, but I really really want to play it. CD Projekt Red can make RPGs. What is the Witcher trilogy worth
    AlBQuirky
  • MorningDawningMorningDawning Newbie CommonPosts: 20
    Cyberpunk: Edgerunners is the best anime of the year and the best soundtracks.

Rosa Walton - I really want to stay at your house
    Major Crimes - Health
    Grimes - Delicate Weapon
    Ugory - Zurawie (Just keep running David)

Thoses are my favs.
    AlBQuirky