Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Drops A Teaser Video For An Upcoming Series Titled 'Legends Of New World' | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageNew World Drops A Teaser Video For An Upcoming Series Titled 'Legends Of New World' | MMORPG.com

Amazon is dropping a new video series for its upcoming MMORPG, New World, this time giving a glimpse into the legends that make up the island of Aeternum, apty named "Legends of New World."

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Honestly this is the only MMO I'm actually looking forward to, mainly because I got it for free.
    [Deleted User]ashiru_1978
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228

Tiller said:

Honestly this is the only MMO I'm actually looking forward to, mainly because I got it for free.

Yea I am excited as well, though I am displeased in the lack of forums they have to recruit for my Company. For a game about company vs. company pvp, it is a little rough to do recruitment outside of the alpha. Sadly, that is a huge part of the game :(

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    not much to the teaser..... waste of time.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• beaky173beaky173 Member UncommonPosts: 12

Tokken said:

not much to the teaser..... waste of time.

its a viddy less than a minute long how is it a waste of time they claim its a teaser and it did just that lol
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]ultimateduckTacticalZombeh
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    When a game does not have much lore all you get is teasers, having seen so little from them on lore so far this is no surprise.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    OMG a DLC expansion new content for a game that has not yet been released... WOW! Color me amazed!

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• darkbalthdarkbalth Member UncommonPosts: 53

Spiider said:

OMG a DLC expansion new content for a game that has not yet been released... WOW! Color me amazed!

Yeah not sure what he is talking about there is no LDC here
    [Deleted User]
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

darkbalth said:

Spiider said:

Yeah not sure what he is talking about there is no LDC here

You got it! Bingo! There is absolutely nothing in this video.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Garick said:
    Why would a Moba have lore?
    Bit harsh, I have yet to be convinced this is a proper MMORPG, but then I have hardly seen a video. Once it launches I will take a look.
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130
    edited June 2021

Mars_OMG said:

This will be the gate way mmo to Lost Ark :)

Yep, the Lost Ark alpha on Steam is currently sitting at "Overwhelmingly Positive" That type of thing just does not happen, ever.

But somehow it happened, a mmo is nearly universally adored, in it's alpha stage. Granted it has 7 years of polish behind it, so it's more like a pseudo-alpha xD

I played it and it's not the koolaid some might fear, it's actually the REAL deal, the Steam rating is 100% deserved.

No joke, other online Arpg's should be scared of Lost Ark's arrival. (looking at you Diablo 4)
    [Deleted User]KaliGold

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Neoyoshi said:

Mars_OMG said:

This will be the gate way mmo to Lost Ark :)

Yep, the Lost Ark alpha on Steam is currently sitting at "Overwhelmingly Positive" That type of thing just does not happen, ever.

But somehow it happened, a mmo is nearly universally adored, in it's alpha stage. Granted it has 7 years of polish behind it, so it's more like a pseudo-alpha xD

I played it and it's not the koolaid some might fear, it's actually the REAL deal, the Steam rating is 100% deserved.

No joke, other online Arpg's should be scared of Lost Ark's arrival. (looking at you Diablo 4)

It's just OK, for a free to play.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    3 major problem areas.

1 instances
    2 control point/forts favor zerg attacks,so unbalanced.
    3 Cheating as it ALWAYS shows it's face when there is pvp.

Amazon claims it is going to allow pve to coexist with pvp,well when you stick them in instances lol,then yeah i guess it works but defeats the purpose of a MMO.You are no longer a massive multipler game once you enter instances.I would argue it is barely MP at all but more like coop.
    So hubs/instances game design,idk about others opinions but those two game design ideas have never been on my to do list.
    Yes flagging for pvp is a must because annoying companies would soon run the soloers and small groups out of the game looking for quick refunds.
    Obviously seeing games like Eve florish with it's crappy pvp mean there is a large playerbase that will enjoy this type of stuff,not me as i need total balance in pvp and i NEVER want to see instancing of any kind.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I used to love pvp gaming,i spent many hours inside of COD which so happens was the last time i ever played pvp.
    I stopped playing pvp because cheating is out of control in gaming.I thought Counterstrike was a joke but that was a flash in the pan "Atlantis calling"compared to cheating now a days.
    I actually spent MANY years in pvp watching cheating evolve and all the attempts to thwart it and realized that cheating is not going away so for me pvp is dead.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/6/21246229/pc-gaming-cheating-aimbots-wallhacks-hacking-tools-developer-response-problem

It is actually not a new problem and has existed in full form since at least 1998.Oh and btw,there have already been cheats for TNW for a full year.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.