Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone buy the game on Steam to get into Beta July 20th?

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
My wife and I bought the deluxe package to try the beta on the 20th, its been a couple of days and no Beta invite and in my Steam Library its not showing a beta package for the game. Anyone have info on how this works? 

Comments

• RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 83
    edited June 2021
    Closed Beta starts July 20. Game is in final phase of Alpha atm.

TokkenRoin

Redsalt... the other salt.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Redsalt said:
    Closed Beta starts July 20. Game is in final phase of Alpha atm.

Ok, did you get an email to enter the beta or did it just show up in your steam lib?
    edited June 2021
    No if you preorder it will be enabled in your steam library on that date.

I pre-ordered the game on Amazon. How do I access the Closed Beta when it is live?

When the New World Closed Beta begins on July 20, 2021, you will receive an email from Amazon with your Steam code and redemption instructions to access the Closed Beta on Steam.

I pre-ordered the game on Steam. How do I access the Closed Beta when it is live?

When the New World Closed Beta begins on July 20, 2021, your Steam account will automatically be granted access to the Closed Beta.

NanfoodleTillercheyanefrancis3343

Redsalt said:
    No if you preorder it will be enabled in your steam library on that date.

I pre-ordered the game on Amazon. How do I access the Closed Beta when it is live?

When the New World Closed Beta begins on July 20, 2021, you will receive an email from Amazon with your Steam code and redemption instructions to access the Closed Beta on Steam.

I pre-ordered the game on Steam. How do I access the Closed Beta when it is live?

When the New World Closed Beta begins on July 20, 2021, your Steam account will automatically be granted access to the Closed Beta.

Thanks, I could not find the details. I just have a hard time navigating Steam forums. 
    No problem. The official site has been more up to date then steam.
    Nanfoodle

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited June 2021
    You can also buy it on Steam, play the beta and if you're disappointed, you can get a refund right up until release.

Risk-free way to try it since it's a pre-order, not an Early Access game. Any pre-order on Steam can be cancelled before release date.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6345-QIDX-7244#:~:text=You may refund your pre,credit to your Steam wallet.
    chilltime99KyleranNanfoodleetlar
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Torval said:
    Yes and No. Yes, I bought it because after chatting with someone in the alpha while they played it sounds like something I want to play. No, I didn't buy it for the July access, but I would love to jump in earlier than later.

From the account it looks a lot more like the "Skyrim Online" I thought ESO would be only less 'hero of the world' style.

Cheers!

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Torval said:
    Yes and No. Yes, I bought it because after chatting with someone in the alpha while they played it sounds like something I want to play. No, I didn't buy it for the July access, but I would love to jump in earlier than later.

From the account it looks a lot more like the "Skyrim Online" I thought ESO would be only less 'hero of the world' style.
     Been reading up a poop tone of info. I'm really impressed with the combat system. Seems they are still balancing stuff. But making your own class but the weapons, armour and attributes you pick really appeals to me. I have a few weapon combinations I really wanna try out.

Also really love the crafting system, in theory, hope it pans out. Seems crafting is going to be a highlight for the game. Best in slot from both crafted and drop items being equal. Also you can max out l crafting types on one char. Just the kind of time sync I'm looking for. Lol
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I picked this game up when it was first announced as FREE, so I guess they will hand out the steam keys around the same time.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SayrollFoxSayrollFox Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited July 2022
    I wanted to buy this game to get into the beta, but before that, I bought FIFA 22 PS5 Keyr and didn't have enough money. I was literally missing a couple of dollars. Now I'm wondering if it's still possible to buy this game to get into the beta. I hope this opportunity has not disappeared, and I still have time to buy this game. Please tell me if it's still possible to do this. I can also buy someone's account from this game to get into beta since now I already have enough money for this. Thanks in advance for the offers!

Post edited by SayrollFox on