Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remakes and Reboots

LordMikeBedlamLordMikeBedlam Member UncommonPosts: 16
What are some games you think either need to be redone or reboote? Whether it be that the game was just a bad game with a good premise or a good game that needs a bit of a rework or what have you. What would you you like to see Rebooted or Remade?

Twisted Metal could definitely benefit from a reboot.
"The bones of man. The brittle remnants of cosmic torment that once made him wonder if matter was Lucifer upward groping back to his God. And yet now, he knew better."
😉🔫 - 🖕📿
steam: hatchet130 psn: LordMikeBedlam Battlenet: glasgowgrin#1831

Sovrath[Deleted User]Gorwe

Comments

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    edited June 2021
    There are a few classics that we could realistically see remastered, now that half of the gaming industry is so creatively bankrupt all they can do is rework the graphics and resell the games for $20 - 50. Dune 2 would be a good candidate, after the success (and a genuinely quality remaster) of C&C. And now the Mass Effect franchise too.

As for me, I would wholeheartedly welcome Dungeon Master and Dungeon Master 2 remastered, re-designed, re-worked, re-whatever. Among the best RPG games ever made. To me certainly in the top five.

I'm not sure anyone knows who actually holds the IP now, to be honest. Interplay is long gone, so is FTL, the original developer. But man, if there ever was a game series worthy of a proper reboot, it's Dungeon Master.

KidRisk
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I'd love to see the old Dungeon Siege game remastered. It had amazing music and some innovative RPG ideas. Imagine the storytelling they could pump out with current day world design tools.
    rojoArcueidGorwe
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    There are a number of games that could use a major refresh.  Some for graphics and some for game play.  I'd consider graphics and minor game play issues as most likely.

I'd love to see Colonization redone.  The version using the Civ IV engine was dreadful, but the underlying game was good.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• LordMikeBedlamLordMikeBedlam Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Also, since we're on the topic, what do you all think of reboots/remakes?

Obviously, some things shouldn't be touched. I could post a whole list that would probably take up most of the page. But, idk, I feel like if done right I think it's worth a shot in some cases.
    [Deleted User]
    "The bones of man. The brittle remnants of cosmic torment that once made him wonder if matter was Lucifer upward groping back to his God. And yet now, he knew better."
    😉🔫 - 🖕📿

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I'd love to see Hexen/Heretic series receive the Doom Eternal and Resident Evil 2 treatment.
    NanfoodleBrainy

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Dark Age of Camelot's original, pre-expansions version with 2021 graphics. I'd hook up an IV and catheter and just play that forever.
    [Deleted User]ScotNanfoodleBrainy
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    edited June 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • AugustusGAugustusG Member UncommonPosts: 73
    A rebbot of Marvel Heroes.
    The game started horrible with the lag in limbo but become great. sadly most money is made at lauch and that cripeled it from start and it finaly died. Still as it became my favourite by far mmoarpg over time ( ok there arent much of thouse) I will have loved a reboot of it.
    Nanfoodle
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Online multiplayer

Guild Wars 1 - just to put it back in the market with live development.

Marvel Heroes. Bring. It. Back.

The Secret World. Had potential, needs a major overhaul.

Single Player

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance - the best game in its franchise. Deserves another chance at success with proper advertising. Could do with a graphical remaster and the addition of QoL features that were introduced after.

Fire Emblem Sacred Stones - the underappreciated black sheep of the series. But frankly, it's a near perfect game. An extra difficulty setting to please the naysayers, plus a graphical remaster and modern QoL would push this into the top tier.

Tales of the Abyss - this game's performance was atrocious. Minute long loads after every battle hampered a great story and cast. 

Tales of Symphonia - still the best selling game in its franchise after all this time, and I'm simply baffled it hasn't gotten a remaster to modern consoles.

Shining Force collection - this series was amazing when it was still a strategy RPG. If Langrisser 1 & 2 can have successful remakes, so can this much better franchise.

Ape Escape 1 & 2 - the era of nostalgic platformers is upon us. Speaking of which...

Banjo Redooie - yes, a remaster of the classic N64 collect-a-thons should absolutely be called that.
    Nanfoodle
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    The Last Ninja!
    Nanfoodle
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well if it is a game we already want and know if that means it is licensed to that same developer,so in that case NONE of the games.
    All the studios are cutting corners now a days and imo not even trying.
    If i could get a competent developer then Everquest series FFXi,Atlas,Valheim would be real good if a competent developer,other than that,idk maybe some good old fashion fun in a better Serious Sam game.The current trends including SS series is to just reskin the same game with a couple new gimmicks, like  i said nobody is trying at all.
    It really just leads us back to square one,ANY game would be great if done AAA,no need for a reboot if done right the first time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited June 2021
    Someone already beat me to number 1.

1) Marvel Heroes - Shut down Avengers Project and bring this back or reboot it! :)

2) Battle For Middle Earth 1 & 2 - Fans are already doing it for the second one (I believe)  EA no longer has the middle earth license though.

3) Warcraft 3 - Let the Vicarious Visons team fix the abomination

4) UT99 - They never should have bastardized the Assault and Domination game modes in later versions.

EDIT:

X-Wing Alliance - I loved the team based capital ship assaults.  Maybe something like this exists now but I dreamed that something like this would show up in SWTOR at launch.
    Nanfoodle
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    There is some solid internet rumors Knights o the Old Republic game will get a remake or remaster. They could even update the combat system. This was my fav Star Wars game and is now tied with Jedi Fallen Order. I really hope this is not just a rumor. 
    SovrathMendel
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    I'd love to see Hexen/Heretic series receive the Doom Eternal and Resident Evil 2 treatment.
    I was going to say Hexen as I've been playing a bit.

I'll also add:

Andromeda
    Morrowind

Wouldn't mind a lineage 2 remake.

rojoArcueidNanfoodle
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    edited June 2021
    Diablo 1, Warcraft 1 + 2, Dungeon Siege 1 + 2, Shadow of the Horned Rat + Dark Omen, Generals...MORROWIND(especially)...

Needless to say, there's quite some titles(Twisted Metal's an awesome idea). :)
    Nanfoodle
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Iselin said:
    Dark Age of Camelot's original, pre-expansions version with 2021 graphics. I'd hook up an IV and catheter and just play that forever.
    We still dont have a stable RvR game. This was the biggest MMO PvP game of all time and is still running. Im still not sure how we have not yet seen a reboot or remake of this title. I still think, if they had kept updating the engine and the game, like Blizzard did with WoW, it would still be just as big today.  
  • LordMikeBedlamLordMikeBedlam Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I feel like game (and film) companies tend to try and push away from the perfectly well-written source material in order to use nostalgia to fuel some kind of new narrative that isn't even really needed. It kinda kills the hype for remakes and reboots for me. But that said, there are reboots/remakes that I do like. Maybe there's some kind of formula to making a good one....

I know that saying that makes me sound like some kind of elitist or something, but I really can't help it.

Maybe I'm still sore over how the FFVII Remake went.
    😉🔫 - 🖕📿

Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:
    We still dont have a stable RvR game. This was the biggest MMO PvP game of all time and is still running. Im still not sure how we have not yet seen a reboot or remake of this title. I still think, if they had kept updating the engine and the game, like Blizzard did with WoW, it would still be just as big today.  

Maybe it's just me, but what's so fun about mass PvP?
    Gorwe said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:

High energy, groups working together, being a solo player trying to pick others off.

Well, for me it's mostly the chaos and energy. Absolutely love it.
    Nanfoodle[Deleted User]

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:

High energy, groups working together, being a solo player trying to pick others off.

don't forget when you are undergeared you can ride the zergtrain around the map and feel good about it lol
    [Deleted User]

Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:

To me it's an absolute, imbalanced mess. And I definitely prefer more organized things even if I don't really like PvP that much. I don't know, it is fun and all, but after some time, I become sorry for enemies? It don't make sense, it's just not my mode at all.

Add that to the fact that I don't, honestly, prefer to play multiplayer(because I have enough socialization otherwise and, to borrow a logo of a certain site, "my games, my rules"). I honestly don't remember when multiplayer improved a game to me. In extreme cases like WAR, it even downgraded or possibly ruined the game for me.
    edited June 2021
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:

To me it's an absolute, imbalanced mess. And I definitely prefer more organized things even if I don't really like PvP that much. I don't know, it is fun and all, but after some time, I become sorry for enemies? It don't make sense, it's just not my mode at all.

Add that to the fact that I don't, honestly, prefer to play multiplayer(because I have enough socialization otherwise and, to borrow a logo of a certain site, "my games, my rules"). I honestly don't remember when multiplayer improved a game to me. In extreme cases like WAR, it even downgraded or possibly ruined the game for me.

Well, to put things in perspective I prefer huge, crowded cities as I love all sorts of different things going on and the energy.

So mass pvp is sort of the same. It's a wonderful organized mess, at times. Sometimes not depending on what each guild/clan "whatever" is doing.

In any case, you asked.

Nanfoodle[Deleted User]Gorwe

Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:

don't forget when you are undergeared you can ride the zergtrain around the map and feel good about it lol

Whatever floats one's boat.

edited June 2021
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:

Well, to put things in perspective I prefer huge, crowded cities as I love all sorts of different things going on and the energy.

So mass pvp is sort of the same. It's a wonderful organized mess, at times. Sometimes not depending on what each guild/clan "whatever" is doing.

In any case, you asked.

I prefer the utility of big cities, but now with advent of so many services and transactions being available online...

I am far from hermit, but I just don't need that bustle. I just don't see the point of it.

But yeah. I asked. It's a tough sell for me because I'm barely multiplayer focused, let alone PvP.
  • Alexander.BAlexander.B Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Dragon Age Origins... with the same combat. Better aesthetics, maybe more lore, and a couple of quests.

I personally did not like the action combat in the sequels. x_x
    Mustikos