Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen NPC Combat Tactics

2»

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Nanfoodle said:
    I have news for you. The devs have been clear, raiding is not required.

Yeah, right.  Hey, I ran into a guy the other day who wants to sell the Brooklyn bridge, should I put you in touch with him?

Whatever guys.  I don't really want to hijack this thread so I'll just let it go now but like I said....lying or delusional.  Maybe I should throw "gullible" in there to be nice.

User name checks out
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    I try not to follow this one too closely.  It at times feels like it's making a lot of progress then at other times seems very far away so I just do not know.   

What I do know is that I really want a good PvE game that I can dive into with my buddies.   I love PvP, but it's good to have a pure PvE option that we can just immerse ourselves.

At this point though, I just want to get some realistic dates.

SovrathGdemamiNanfoodleMendel

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Nanfoodle said:
    I have news for you. The devs have been clear, raiding is not required.

Yeah, right.  Hey, I ran into a guy the other day who wants to sell the Brooklyn bridge, should I put you in touch with him?

Whatever guys.  I don't really want to hijack this thread so I'll just let it go now but like I said....lying or delusional.  Maybe I should throw "gullible" in there to be nice.
    Sure why not since folks seem to be wearing their foil hats today.

SovrathNanfoodleBabuinix

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited June 2021
    I try not to follow this one too closely.  It at times feels like it's making a lot of progress then at other times seems very far away so I just do not know.   

What I do know is that I really want a good PvE game that I can dive into with my buddies.   I love PvP, but it's good to have a pure PvE option that we can just immerse ourselves.

At this point though, I just want to get some realistic dates.

Only firm date for this one, is their goal for Alpha 1. Saying this has a 50-50% chance of launching would be an over estimation. I only follow it closely because I love learning about game development and also how that works for an under dog studio. I also long for a game of this style to launch being that old school gamer.   
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    Whats the latest date for Alpha?  And is it persistent?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Last 2 updates they have said they are on track for Alpha 1 sometime between Dec 2021-Jan 2022. But nothing is set in stone. They just keep saying they are on track. Neat thing is, this will be (this has changed and is new) not a level 1-50 expereice packed into one zone, the original Faerthale project.  Video below

It will now be a full game experience from level 1-30, all systems and classes in game (maybe not Bard and Necro) The level 31-50 experience will take place in other zones, with the right related content.

This will be added after they finish Alpha 1. Alpha 1 will be about polishing the full game experience so it will be ready to show to investors. The team has talked about in the past a level 20-30 raid. So Faerthale really maybe opening a Pandora's box on if this game will be worth playing at all. If they fail here, expect to see this game shut its doors. 

Slapshot1188[Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Mr409Wins said:
    Between Nanfoodle and Kyleran keeping score, I'm not sure who's ahead. Call me confused if you like, but find this hard to follow play-by-play.
    The only thing you probably need to know is it will likely be a few more years at least before the game is feature complete and released.
    Nanfoodle

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Mr409Wins said:
    Between Nanfoodle and Kyleran keeping score, I'm not sure who's ahead. Call me confused if you like, but find this hard to follow play-by-play.
    Im not trying to win a debate. I mostly state what the developer has said, this is one of the projects I follow closely. I am not saying what they say is fact, right or wrong. I do state some IMO at times as there are things I do love about this game and some things I wish they went in a different direction.

Like I do not like their stand with how avatars will not look sexy in any way. From a distance or a silhouette you cant tell the difference between a male or female char. My wife just keeps going on about how ugly the female avatars are. As she puts it, she would like to look purdy,   
    Kyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IMO the game will not be better than anything we already have.If that is good enough for you,knock yourself out.

I have very little hope in this or any crowd funded game.

Pantheon will not be saving the genre or even turning it around.This is just a studio grinding it out day by day,trying to earn a living.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Mr409Wins said:
    What the heck is going on here? Game's been in the make for what? .... 5 years? And they're just now talking about NPC combat, like that's a new thing?

Sounds like they need someone to take the reins, kick a few butts, and bring some order here. There's no reason this thing shouldn't already be released.

And as far as some of you going back and forth discussing this, I got news--you ain't helping either. What this needs is some get up and go--I'm talking initiative, and they don't sell that in a bottle. Ya got to have it or take it.
    Game Development is. Don't let your desperate eagerness to play a game to cloud your judgement, things will be worked on according to their resource's and capabilities.  

All you have to do is change your perspective from "I can't wait for this game to release" to "Thank god a company is doing a game like this one".

You'll be waiting the same time but you'll stress less and maybe even appreciate the dev's effort a bit more.   :)
    Babuinix said:
    Mr409Wins said:
    What the heck is going on here? Game's been in the make for what? .... 5 years? And they're just now talking about NPC combat, like that's a new thing?

Sounds like they need someone to take the reins, kick a few butts, and bring some order here. There's no reason this thing shouldn't already be released.

And as far as some of you going back and forth discussing this, I got news--you ain't helping either. What this needs is some get up and go--I'm talking initiative, and they don't sell that in a bottle. Ya got to have it or take it.
    Game Development is. Don't let your desperate eagerness to play a game to cloud your judgement, things will be worked on according to their resource's and capabilities.  

All you have to do is change your perspective from "I can't wait for this game to release" to "Thank god a company is doing a game like this one".

You'll be waiting the same time but you'll stress less and maybe even appreciate the dev's effort a bit more.   :)
    VR had gone the way of hard coding. They have changed how they are developing the game with systems like Houdini and also a data base they built themselves. They were able to port allot of what they have done into these new systems but some things like art assets and AO needed to be redone.

Last 6 months, because of these changes production has really ramped up. New classes added, zones created. In ways they have lost allot of work done. In others they have lowered production time. They updates over the past few months have been very encouraging. 
    Babuinix
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Nanfoodle said:
    Last 2 updates they have said they are on track for Alpha 1 sometime between Dec 2021-Jan 2022. But nothing is set in stone. They just keep saying they are on track. Neat thing is, this will be (this has changed and is new) not a level 1-50 expereice packed into one zone, the original Faerthale project.  Video below

It will now be a full game experience from level 1-30, all systems and classes in game (maybe not Bard and Necro) The level 31-50 experience will take place in other zones, with the right related content.

This will be added after they finish Alpha 1. Alpha 1 will be about polishing the full game experience so it will be ready to show to investors. The team has talked about in the past a level 20-30 raid. So Faerthale really maybe opening a Pandora's box on if this game will be worth playing at all. If they fail here, expect to see this game shut its doors. 

1) "Last 2 updates they have said they are on track for Alpha 1 sometime between Dec 2021-Jan 2022."

Assuming by "they" you mean Visionary Realms. Where did they ever say that?

I've been following the game rather closely, and I don't remember them ever giving a date estimate for alpha. In fact, they pretty much never give dates, except for a couple of rare blunders by Brad years ago.

The closest thing to a date I've seen is the alpha 1 road map, and talk about how long the major networking overhaul will take (2-3 months).

Anyways, I'd love to be wrong about this and for them to be close enough to give a date target for alpha, but I won't believe it until I see the actual dev quote.

2) "Alpha 1 will be about polishing the full game experience so it will be ready to show to investors."

I thought the Fortress of DeVaire evaluation build was to showcase to investors. Did they really say alpha was being built to show investors too? I thought the polished game experience was because modern gamers have now come to expect a more polished alpha experience, rather than a "true" alpha.

--------------------------------------------
    edited June 2021
    Nanfoodle said:

1) "Last 2 updates they have said they are on track for Alpha 1 sometime between Dec 2021-Jan 2022."

I've been following the game rather closely, and I don't remember them ever giving a date estimate for alpha. In fact, they pretty much never give dates, except for a couple of rare blunders by Brad years ago.

The closest thing to a date I've seen is the alpha 1 road map, and talk about how long the major networking overhaul will take (2-3 months).

Anyways, I'd love to be wrong about this and for them to be close enough to give a date target for alpha, but I won't believe it until I see the actual dev quote.

2) "Alpha 1 will be about polishing the full game experience so it will be ready to show to investors."

I thought the Fortress of DeVaire evaluation build was to showcase to investors. Did they really say alpha was being built to show investors too? I thought the polished game experience was because modern gamers have now come to expect a more polished alpha experience, rather than a "true" alpha.

The dev team have given many updates over the past few months, With their monthly updates and interviews. More so then I can keep track of where they all are. 2 months in a row now, I have heard from a dev, they are on track for Alpha 1 sometime by the end of this year. This date has been given to us by the dev team since last summer. Its not new news. 

Fortress of DeVaire is real content in the game that will play much like we saw when it was first released. They pushed Fortress of DeVaire content for I dont know how many posible investors. Because of that, they got a 6 figure investment. IMO this part of the game was built to get the funds they needed to get to Alpha 1. Since then they have let Baz and a couple of other VIPs do a play though with the difficulty turned up to more how we will see it when the game launches. 

Faerthale project has been in the works for a couple of years now, with the dev team talking about it on and off. It is the focus, been stated many times in many different places, to show off to larger investors. To show off all systems and classes working together in real game play. Its a slice of pie from crust to filling, to let these larger investor see a proof of concept. 

Faerthale project is also the frame work they will use to build all the other slices of pie to make the whole game. This has also been said many times by the dev team. Over the last 6-8 months, I cant count how many times the team has talked about this project and given us little updates on how its going. Ben the CFO did talked about this being the goal, get this part of the game built, so they could let them 8000 VIP members in to test it too the full, to polish to show off to the big investors. Thats what Alpha 1 is all about. Alpha 2 will be done by the money they hope to get from these bigger investors. They are clear, this slow speed development just wont cut it any more. 

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:

The dev team have given many updates over the past few months, With their monthly updates and interviews. More so then I can keep track of where they all are. 2 months in a row now, I have heard from a dev, they are on track for Alpha 1 sometime by the end of this year. This date has been given to us by the dev team since last summer. Its not new news. 

Fortress of DeVaire is real content in the game that will play much like we saw when it was first released. They pushed Fortress of DeVaire content for I dont know how many posible investors. Because of that, they got a 6 figure investment. IMO this part of the game was built to get the funds they needed to get to Alpha 1. Since then they have let Baz and a couple of other VIPs do a play though with the difficulty turned up to more how we will see it when the game launches. 

Faerthale project has been in the works for a couple of years now, with the dev team talking about it on and off. It is the focus, been stated many times in many different places, to show off to larger investors. To show off all systems and classes working together in real game play. Its a slice of pie from crust to filling, to let these larger investor see a proof of concept. 

Faerthale project is also the frame work they will use to build all the other slices of pie to make the whole game. This has also been said many times by the dev team. Over the last 6-8 months, I cant count how many times the team has talked about this project and given us little updates on how its going. Ben the CFO did talked about this being the goal, get this part of the game built, so they could let them 8000 VIP members in to test it too the full, to polish to show off to the big investors. Thats what Alpha 1 is all about. Alpha 2 will be done by the money they hope to get from these bigger investors. They are clear, this slow speed development just wont cut it any more. 

"2 months in a row now, I have heard from a dev, they are on track for Alpha 1 sometime by the end of this year. This date has been given to us by the dev team since last summer. Its not new news. "

Is this inside information you're getting direct from one of their devs? Or something posted on NDA section of the Pantheon forums?

Alpha "sometime by the end of this year" is not something I have heard VisionaryRealms publicly announce. But I certainly could've missed it, please post your source. If they've been saying it for multiple months now, it shouldn't be too hard to find the quote...

--------------------------------------------
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:

"2 months in a row now, I have heard from a dev, they are on track for Alpha 1 sometime by the end of this year. This date has been given to us by the dev team since last summer. Its not new news. "

Is this inside information you're getting direct from one of their devs? Or something posted on NDA section of the Pantheon forums?

Alpha "sometime by the end of this year" is not something I have heard VisionaryRealms publicly announce. But I certainly could've missed it, please post your source. If they've been saying it for multiple months now, it shouldn't be too hard to find the quote...

I dont remember the exact forum or video I watched it on. I watch so much on this game. I am on their discord where devs pop in all the time. I watching the streams, video updates and interviews. It would take me dozens of hours to look for it. Sorry Im just not that organized.