Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay 2 Win?

ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 120
I heard rumors.  Just asking. 

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    ILLISET said:
    AFAIK there's no western release, so, probably? It seems to be pretty popular though.
    ILLISET

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    What game isn't these days.
    UngoodILLISETScot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    depends on who you ask.. for some it won't be, others it will.
    Kyleran
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    It's FTP and it's Korean, of course it's going to be PTW..lol

But I have been playing the Korean version, so here are some of my thoughts. 

PvP

- Is 100% equalized, so paying gives you exactly 0% advantage. 

PVE

- Costumes

You can buy costumes and lvl them up, it's rng and legendary costumes can give you % stats.

- Pets

Like in BDO you need to buy pets to auto loot. High lvl tier pets can give stat boost buffs. 

- Gold 

Upgrading, auction house, winning dungeon loot auction etc...

- Beatrice blessing 

More XP, faster ship, free portal, additional teleport slot...

- Manor blessing

much more efficiency out of manor for your guild house or personal house. 

- Extra loot

You can buy extra loot at the end of weekly dungeons. 

- Level Skip tickets

lv50 ticket, T1 ticket, T2 ticket, T2.5 ticket, each of these is around 5-10$ and to almost skip to the latest content you'd need to buy all them.

UngoodKyleran
  • phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    ILLISET said:
    AFAIK there's no western release, so, probably? It seems to be pretty popular though.

amazon is publishing a game this year from smilegate, developers of lost ark.  it's likely lost ark they'll be publishing though this hasn't been 100% confirmed as far as i know.  i don't really trust amazon to deliver a good game, but maybe they can take someone else's game, westernize it (cut out p2w aspects) and make it a decent game?  hope so cause lost ark looks fun to me.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    What is "pay to win"? 
    Don't ask anyone under the age of 20, because you might as well ask them "what is a MMO".
    Tiller