Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BREAKING NEWWZZZ -- Lost Ark is upon us!

MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
edited June 2021 in Lost Ark

https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Ark-Silver-Founders-Edition/dp/B094T3YGDK/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=lost+ark&qid=1623347660&sr=8-2

This the MMO I been waiting in the years for the west release, much content, much story, like its combat and play so I'm officially #hype

Seems the business model in the west will be F2P.

Alpha kicking in very soon with beta period before full release later this year.
Post edited by MaxBacon on
Nanfoodle[Deleted User]Tokken

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    AWESOME!!!! Now whats the payment model? Gonna need to know the details before I pay a penny.
    SBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2021
    I just saw this. I mean....maaaaaaan....Bill and I waited for that for YEARS and waded through all the rumors. I just wonder how well the game has aged and whether or not it's coming too late?
    kitarad[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Nanfoodle said:
    AWESOME!!!! Now whats the payment model? Gonna need to know the details before I pay a penny.
    From the site

LOST ARK’S BUSINESS MODEL

We understand the business model is a primary concern for players in the West. In all regions, Lost Ark is a free to play game with optional in-game purchases. We want to assure players that the Western version of Lost Ark will be a fair, fun, and a great gaming experience where in-game purchases are completely optional. We think it is important that players have a path to acquire all items in our version of Lost Ark without having to make a purchase with few exceptions. (For example, Founders Packs, services like name changes, etc.) We are still working through the details with Smilegate and will share more details later this summer along with our Prime Gaming benefits.

SBFordNanfoodle[Deleted User]Tokken
    SBFord said:
    I just saw this. I mean....maaaaaaan....Bill and I waited for that for YEARS and waded through all the rumors. I just wonder how well the game has aged and whether or not it's coming too late?
    Yeah same. The game hits a bit like guild wars 2, it's not up-to-date in graphics, but the world design and style is done well that it compensates it.

If it's too late, I'm not sure but it's not like the MMO market has gotten very interesting or competitive at all, so a large-scale title as this that is content-filled for me is welcome news :p 

SBFordKyleran
    MaxBacon said:
    SBFord said:
    Yeah same. The game hits a bit like guild wars 2, it's not up-to-date in graphics, but the world design and style is done well that it compensates it.

If it's too late, I'm not sure but it's not like the MMO market has gotten very interesting or competitive at all, so a large-scale title as this that is content-filled for me is welcome news :p 

I have watched allot of streamers on this one, game play looks awesome and the graphics still look good. There is elements to this game that also makes it stand out in the ARPG-MMO area. I love the class system as well. 
    SBFordTokken
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Because a release date of Fall 2021 count as "upon us"?  To me, it still looks like Spring 2021 right now.

Regardless, this does look like a major step toward having a Western release of the game.
    Kyleran
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    SBFord said:
    Woot good to see you post and awesome news to boot.
    SBFord

Quizzical said:
    Because a release date of Fall 2021 count as "upon us"?  To me, it still looks like Spring 2021 right now.

Regardless, this does look like a major step toward having a Western release of the game.
    The first alpha is very soon already, followed by beta in summer, so it's pretty upon us just not the full release yet

Nanfoodle said:
    I have watched allot of streamers on this one, game play looks awesome and the graphics still look good. There is elements to this game that also makes it stand out in the ARPG-MMO area. I love the class system as well. 
    The combat is fun, the classes play can differ some I can't get used to but the one that works just works well, they mixed in a lot of an MMORPG into the game so it feels more like a top-down MMO, more systems, open-ness and such than say POE.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    MaxBacon said:

This the MMO I been waiting in the years for the west release, much content, much story, like its combat and play so I'm officially #hype

Alpha kicking in very soon with beta period before full release later this year.
    Well, it's not as if you can play Star Citizen or SQ42 anytime soon, right Max?

Cheers.
    kitarad

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Great news.
    kitarad
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Kyleran said:
    MaxBacon said:

Well, it's not as if you can play Star Citizen or SQ42 anytime soon, right Max?

Cheers.
    I play both, it's more of games for playing sessions and the long-term more persistent mmo as far I go xD
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    edited June 2021
    SBFord said:
    Valid concern. But I'm still going to play it. Enjoyed my time with the KR version, and played the RU version from its launch up until about 2 months ago. With the NA version I'll go a different path, playing the classes I didn't before. 
    kitaradKyleran

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    edited June 2021
    Vrad is General Tullius voice acted by Michael Hogan. (actually he voices several characters)

I like that there are different "starting" areas so to speak. Or at least different origin areas.

edit: it's just that the gunner prologue isn't complete. I suspect all the classes have a class tester so you can test one of the two alternate paths for the class you chose.

Couldn't get into warrior but the female gunner and Mage (essentially ranged) seem more to my liking so far.

Some of the dialogue is a bit over the top corny. I think if you try only one character you should try another as I kept rolling my eyes in the warrior prologue and was just frustrated by the combat. But then I changed class and it felt a lot better.

Post edited by Sovrath on
    Tokken
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    This looks interesting, but I was unable to try it and I'm not sure if my machine would be up to the task. I'll have to wait until a demo or f2p is available to see.
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    Torval said:
    SBFord said:

I will say one very cool small quality of life feature is the ability to preview and play through your advanced class options before choosing one. It really helped me get a feel for the mechanics and flavor of each. For mage, it was a hard choice between summoner and bard. The bard won out mainly because it looks well suited to group play.

That kind of preview thing is cool, always thought most games should have something like that to let players make informed choices.

And hello SBFord, long time no see you and Bill, hope all is going great for you all.
    Groqstrong[Deleted User]
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Mars_OMG said:
    The biggest thing for me is the lack of men classes. 
    It will be interesting if Amazon addresses this and gives all player the equality of being male or female , as it is right now the classes are very misogynistic, like most korean mmos.  

Might load it up and try it again today. Just couldn't get past the fact I only have 2 classes to play :/ 
    I dont think Amazon has contol over this tbh.  However the Korean version has released 2 male versions of the existing classes and are planning more for the future.  Im sure we'll get that for the west eventually.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Torval said:

So, I got a key (thanks @blueturtle13 for the kind gift. you rule as always!) and played for a few hours last night. My mage is level 11 and chose Bard as her advanced class.

I will say one very cool small quality of life feature is the ability to preview and play through your advanced class options before choosing one. It really helped me get a feel for the mechanics and flavor of each. For mage, it was a hard choice between summoner and bard. The bard won out mainly because it looks well suited to group play.

My next class will be the female gunslinger archetype for the high damage glass cannon experience.
    We're the same, I tried Warrior but couldn't really get excited about it. Then tried mage and using the class tester I eventually settled on bard.

The next class I made was female gunslinger and I'm surprised how much I like it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Wife and I keep crashing. Only got to see the start of the mage starter story 
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    MaxBacon said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    From the site

LOST ARK’S BUSINESS MODEL

We understand the business model is a primary concern for players in the West. In all regions, Lost Ark is a free to play game with optional in-game purchases. We want to assure players that the Western version of Lost Ark will be a fair, fun, and a great gaming experience where in-game purchases are completely optional. We think it is important that players have a path to acquire all items in our version of Lost Ark without having to make a purchase with few exceptions. (For example, Founders Packs, services like name changes, etc.) We are still working through the details with Smilegate and will share more details later this summer along with our Prime Gaming benefits.

I am still concerned they may have an optional subscription or VIP model later on...... I'm okay with a cosmetic shop.                                                                                                                                                         

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    edited June 2021
    Well according to Amazon the publisher hopes to have it released by 12/31/2021.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    SBFord said:

I remember the rumors and the anticipation. Haha, good times.

So, I got a key (thanks @blueturtle13 for the kind gift. you rule as always!) and played for a few hours last night. My mage is level 11 and chose Bard as her advanced class.

Since Lost Ark is under some sort of NDA I'm not going to say much, but it definitely has its strengths and weaknesses. While it probably won't knock Diablo 3 or Grim Dawn off their pedestals as my personal favorites, it has its own unique appeal.

My next class will be the female gunslinger archetype for the high damage glass cannon experience.
    I went the same route but settled on Summoner to check out (currently level 12.)

The skills have a surprising amount of depth.

I do wish they move the training room to the start instead of level 10ish. Before I went through that I was just mindlessly spamming random skills. That Level 10 tutorial is good about giving you info about what skill would be good to use when.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED