Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Lowers Base Game Price As Well As Details VIP Membership Service Ahead Of July Launch | MMO

Comments

• tzervotzervo Member EpicPosts: 1,291

You have to "startup" your EK before you or anyone else can join it.  They are not always open.   Once you leave your EK it shuts down in 10 minutes.  With the VIP sub the EK will stay open for an extra 3 hours. (Not sure if the people you made Nobles can start up the EK on their own)

This post has a lot of info:  https://community.crowfall.com/topic/29935-parcel-overview-beta-6400-february-2021/
    Thanks for the writeup. Am wondering what happens if you idle. I.e. can you just leave your character in the EK overnight for example, BDO style, or does the game kick you out due to inactivity.

Also this sounds like it will be an annoying experience for the person visiting, for example to buy stuff from the vendor stalls, find something and then be kicked out because the EK instance expires.
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 183
    I just tried now the beta for free. Not enough for these days thats true and not my cup of tea anyway but can have some fun in it. I dont know how much the final version will be but when you can wait for Bless Unleashed, pay at least 40 for solo, etc. not that bad and can be a solid game for this summer I guess.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 13,474
    tzervo said:

You have to "startup" your EK before you or anyone else can join it.  They are not always open.   Once you leave your EK it shuts down in 10 minutes.  With the VIP sub the EK will stay open for an extra 3 hours. (Not sure if the people you made Nobles can start up the EK on their own)

This post has a lot of info:  https://community.crowfall.com/topic/29935-parcel-overview-beta-6400-february-2021/
    Thanks for the writeup. Am wondering what happens if you idle. I.e. can you just leave your character in the EK overnight for example, BDO style, or does the game kick you out due to inactivity.

Also this sounds like it will be an annoying experience for the person visiting, for example to buy stuff from the vendor stalls, find something and then be kicked out because the EK instance expires.
    As far as I know, you cant just stand there or you timeout.  So you'd have to have some kind of macro. But my guess is that only a few EKs will really exist for shopping.  There is no current way to know what is for sale without visiting a vendor.  Nobody is going to just visit 1000 random EKs and hope to find something.  The biggest EKs will have lots of stalls where they sell their goods.  Thats my guess.   
    tzervo

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,366
    It's boring, generic and tedious, period.
    saker said:
    It's boring, generic and tedious, period.
    I tend to agree, but we are giving it one last shot at launch.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,339
    edited June 11
    While people here still choose to point pad each other for insults & demeaning behavior rather than discuss the game the reality of CF is where the majority of ACE income will most likely be earned is Eternal Kingdoms from mega whales... The ones that spend 5k+. Right now there are probably players working out their budgets & planning out parcel purchases. There will most likely also be youtube videos of people showing off their vast EK.

The way they set up EK and parcels is IMO pure genius and sets it up to be a part of the game that CAN be completely separate from the PVP by setting up PVE Only/Crafting Worlds if ACE chooses to do so. The potential for expansion in EK with things like seasonal parcels/buildings being added with Halloween/Summer/Winter themes is what will cater to the types of gamers who are all about housing and why I think ArtCraft will eventually be bought out by a bigger company. The potential for sales for a mmo that sells 'pieces' of land for hundreds of dollars that caters to both MMO & Survival crowds is IMO huge. The purchase amounts of people willing to throw money at housing is a sizable part of many games income that have housing. The way this game set up parcels takes that to the next level.

It kinda puts into perspective why they've done everything the way they have recently from the beta keys to the red herring Hunger Dome. The PVP game is for the regular folk while the EK is for the target whaley audience which I have no objections to and may even be a part of depending on how everything plays out. A community of EK focused people can be built within the broader CF community possibly providing far more large sum sales/income than anything else.
    UngoodKyleran
  • Mars_OMGMars_OMG Member EpicPosts: 3,490
    edited June 11
    I'm glad this game is unappealling to a lot of wow players, maybe finally real mmorpg pvp players will have something of their own to call home :) 

Lets get hyped :smile:

UngoodKyleran
    - abandoning social media could possibly save the world.  
    #RestoreTheSnyderVerse 
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 5,815
    Going to be honest, Crowfall never intended to toss a huge net, they made it clear that this was not going to be the game for everyone, some all-in-wonder MMO, or a WoW Killer™, or anything like that.

They set out to build a Team based PvP game, and that is what they made.

If the idea of Team based PvP is not what appeals to you, then this will not be the game for you. If you do not enjoy Team based PvP, Crowfall will not be a game you will enjoy.

It's a simple as that. 

I get that some people expect every game to be their everything, but Crowfall never set out to be that. It set out to be a Team Based PvP game.

I think more people need to look at it through that lens, to truly understand what they are playing.

Mars_OMGtzervo
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,879
    Ungood said:
    Going to be honest, Crowfall never intended to toss a huge net, they made it clear that this was not going to be the game for everyone, some all-in-wonder MMO, or a WoW Killer™, or anything like that.

If the idea of Team based PvP is not what appeals to you, then this will not be the game for you. If you do not enjoy Team based PvP, Crowfall will not be a game you will enjoy.

It's a simple as that. 

I get that some people expect every game to be their everything, but Crowfall never set out to be that. It set out to be a Team Based PvP game.

I think more people need to look at it through that lens, to truly understand what they are playing.

Team based PVP is small scale PvP and they have never promoted Crowfall as small scale PVP .. that im aware of

They have promoted it as a Throne War , Faction based( RvR )   Large scale game ..

It may sound nit picky but you know the difference and it is signifigant to anyone that may have interest in Crowfall ..

"These Campaigns are fully populated – our goal is 2000 concurrent players (which supports a total player population of about 10,000) – and should span at least a handful of islands, each sized up to 5,120m by 5,120m."

This large scale RvR

Now of course just as in DAOC , War.etc , small scale can occur occasionaly , but the vast majority of Battles will be large scale ..

If they have enough players ..:)

If not , it just may very well end up a Team based PvP game sooner than they want
    YashaX
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

It's a simple as that. 

Team based PVP is small scale PvP and they have never promoted Crowfall as small scale PVP .. that im aware of

They have promoted it as a Throne War , Faction based( RvR )   Large scale game ..

It may sound nit picky but you know the difference and it is signifigant to anyone that may have interest in Crowfall ..

"These Campaigns are fully populated – our goal is 2000 concurrent players (which supports a total player population of about 10,000) – and should span at least a handful of islands, each sized up to 5,120m by 5,120m."

This large scale RvR

Now of course just as in DAOC , War.etc , small scale can occur occasionaly , but the vast majority of Battles will be large scale ..

If not , it just may very well end up a Team based PvP game sooner than they want
    neat. I have no rebuttal because it's your personal opinion. In the mean time, hunters will hunter and runners will run :)

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse 
    edited June 11
    Scorchien said:
    Mars_OMG said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

It's a simple as that. 

This large scale RvR

neat. I have no rebuttal because it's your personal opinion. In the mean time, hunters will hunter and runners will run :)

lol................ it clucks
    check the video. For people to think a price drop is some kind of distress call, it's just a price drop. 

also "Spiritbox" is one of the best metal bands I've heard since my foray back into metal that started with "Ghost" 2 years ago. 

IselinRandomuser2020876
    #RestoreTheSnyderVerse 
  • DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 92
    i think its just to late for this game.
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• iamspamicusiamspamicus Member UncommonPosts: 109
    This game could be f2p and it would still struggle to stay afloat imo.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 15,659
    Scorchien said:

So that was their goal. What's the current reality in terms of player numbers the game can handle without becoming a slide show? I keep hearing 200. Is that right?
    "I don't wait for games. Games wait for me."
    -- CHUCK NORRIS

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited June 12
    Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:

So that was their goal. What's the current reality in terms of player numbers the game can handle without becoming a slide show? I keep hearing 200. Is that right?
    I dont think we know.  They brought some Unity folks in a few months ago and tweaked things.   I don’t know if they have had any real stress testing since that.  There are 142 people on the US server now.  Friday at 9PM.  That’s the whole server.  There are 8 people in the US Dregs server now.

This is the map.  So the 142 are spread out over 7 zones.

This is the map of one of those Adventure Zones:
    Nildentzervo

AWW did someone take the Mars OMG bait again? never take that mars omg bait bois..
    Tiller
    Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:

Stuff starts chopping up with a dozen in close proximity so whatever the cap is doesn't matter. I said Unity would be a problem years ago and it will continue to be problem whenever there is a sizable amount of players together. No amount of whatever they do even praying to Zeus will be able to fix that. Players will just have to deal with it like I plan to.

That quote @Scorchien posted is why I called them scammers years ago. It's friggin' Unity ffs... would've preferred a little more honesty but honesty doesn't sell as well.

Kyleran
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 5,815
    Just to play some numbers, so people might get a feel for how well this game will do.

They have sold around 480K Accounts. 

If say, 10% of those accounts return and sub, that would be 48K players, investing 15 a month, that would be 720K a month, or put another way 2.16 million a quarter.

That's NOT bad. 
    BruceYeeMars_OMG
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
    Ungood said:
    Just to play some numbers, so people might get a feel for how well this game will do.

If say, 10% of those accounts return and sub, that would be 48K players, investing 15 a month, that would be 720K a month, or put another way 2.16 million a quarter.

That's NOT bad. 

And there are people over on the CF forums saying they plan to sub for multiple accounts.

If CF adds some type of 'farming parcels' or 'hunting grounds parcels' Albion may lose some players...
    KyleranUngood
  • HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 197
    edited June 12
    I think people are being overly critical of Crowfall. It's achieved something momentous in being a Kickstarter that's launched. They delivered. They did it.

As mentioned previously on MMORPG.com this is something that's extremely rare. So rare in fact that many fans are not used to the idea of Kickstarter mmorpgs and still compare them to the standard AAA titles they are used to.

How much does a modern AAA mmorpg cost? 150m? More? Crowfall is working with 1/10 of the budget yet fans are coming in with unrealistic expectations on levels of content & polish.

While this game was delayed (which all mmorpgs do), the developers were open, communicative, had playable builds early and dropped the NDA.  I think the developers here did a fine job. Is it for everyone? Nope. It's for that target niche audience who want guild vs guild and even then it may not attract them. However in an arguably dying industry these guys took a chance at developing a mmorpg for us to enjoy.

It's easy to mock a game that's launching and finally showcasing all it's pluses and faults. It would be safer to hide behind a wall of constant development like nearly every other Kickstarter mmorpg out there.

While Crowfall isn't for me they absolutely have my respect. I hope them the best. If they have success it will just help justify other studios to pursue the development of mmorpgs.
    Mars_OMGBruceYeelaxieUngoodKidRiskTwistedSister77TacticalZombehYashaX
    edited June 12
    Ungood said:

That's NOT bad. 
    I had a feeling so I just had to look. I'm not trying to start a fight but that info is just wrong. 
    As @kyleran was kind enough to compile for us, these are the numbers they had on their Pledge page:
    449,502 Total Crows.
    $38,323,372 Total Funding.
    76,983 Total Backers.
    $27,103,740 Total Equity
    $6,520,795 Total Pledges.

They haven't SOLD 480k accounts.  Those are accounts CREATED.  Not purchases.  They have (lets be kind and call it) 80k backers.

So plugging THAT into your math shows: 
    If say, 10% of those accounts return and sub, that would be 8k players, investing 15 a month, that would be 120K a month, or put another way 360 thousand a quarter.

To extrapolate further:
    That is 1.4 million a year.
    Their equity investors put in $27 MILLION
    Lets assume they have some ridiculous 50% margins
    That means they have 700k a year (It also means their whole staff, rent, servers, bandwidth, etc only cost 700k a month but whatever)
    700k a year would mean that the investors will break even in the year 2059

So lets just agree that math sucks.  I do not think the investors are interested in a ROI of 40 years.

If you have anything to support a sudden surge in purchases from 80k to 480k PAID accounts please do share it with us...

FYI Here is a quote from Coleman ( Jan 2020) where he says "As we said back in our Kickstarter, crowdfunding is a key part of our funding strategy, but not the only part. While we’re incredibly thankful for the financial support, it’s even more exciting to have more than 65,000 people willing to pay for Crowfall as proof that a market exists for what we are building. "

THIS is why I continually speak to the fact that the dead servers and unused keys are a HUGELY bad sign for the game.  They do not have enough players that bought the game and are just sitting around waiting for launch.   They NEED to get hundreds of thousands of NEW players.  The guild of 200 who all bought the game are not going to move the needle at launch whether they come back or not because they already bought the game AND some (likely a lot) of sub time.   The NEW people (who the empty severs and unused keys show are NOT giving a look at the game) would be contributing $40 box fees PLUS some will sub sub.  A new player is worth an order of magnitude more than the ones that already paid, and THOSE are the people that would be looking at the game now, seeing what changed and making their decision on buying it.

This isn't a game I want to see fail.  It's by far the game that I spent the most money on ($215 which was some of the profit from selling my Pathfinder Online accounts).  I sold back like 2 years of VIP (had 5.5) that came with it and bought all the pixel toys like Castles, Keeps, Forts, Guildhalls, etc...   I have zero incentive to be negative as even if I don't play, I could always sell those items at a huge discount to the store and make bank on it.  But it's just reality that this game needs a miracle.  Maybe that will happen.  We will see.

If a month after launch we have 50 campaigns going.  That would be fantastic and likely make me a lot of cash.

PS: For reference, Lost Ark which is another translation of an asian MMORPG just had all their 14000 keys claimed on here in 3 hours and that's for a 4 day test.
    tzervoKyleranGdemamiMendel

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,332
    Half a million accounts created and 150-200 people in the open beta with less than a month to go until launch. That's abysmal.

Anyone hand waving away these beta numbers is probably going to be surprised when this ends up being a ghost town a month after launch. Everyone else saw the writing on the wall.

I don't think I have ever seen an open beta with so little interest.

38 million dollars and they struggle to get over 200 players in the open beta at prime time on a Friday less than a month before launch. This is going to bomb hard.
    Mendel

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Nilden said:
    Half a million accounts created and 150-200 people in the open beta with less than a month to go until launch. That's abysmal.

Anyone hand waving away these beta numbers is probably going to be surprised when this ends up being a ghost town a month after launch. Everyone else saw the writing on the wall.

38 million dollars and they struggle to get over 200 players in the open beta at prime time on a Friday less than a month before launch. This is going to bomb hard.
    you could be right, but I guess we will have to wait and see what the land rush looks like.... I personally am done with the beta and will be going in fresh in July :)
    #RestoreTheSnyderVerse 
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,332
    Mars_OMG said:
    Nilden said:

you could be right, but I guess we will have to wait and see what the land rush looks like.... I personally am done with the beta and will be going in fresh in July :)
    Looks like everyone is done with the beta, heh.
    Mars_OMG

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Nilden said:
    Mars_OMG said:
    Nilden said:

Looks like everyone is done with the beta, heh.
    it's an easy look if the game is for a person or not. Game runs well, feels polished and leveling is easy. Graphics are great (imh) and the animations are enough. It has serious depth in character build(stats/ runes/ subclasses ect) and the crafting is almost at Ryzom Level with many different crafting types. 

The only thing missing Turtles in Maelstrom lol
    #RestoreTheSnyderVerse