Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Dev Discussion Asks About Environments | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageAshes of Creation Dev Discussion Asks About Environments | MMORPG.com

The folks over at Intrepid Studios, the team developing upcoming MMORPG Ashes of Creation, have announced their next Dev Discussion. This time, they want your thoughts on environments.

Read the full story here

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Part that made the game world not feel real in ESO that took me a while to figure out what it was. No cities or towns had kids. Kids running and playing adds life to a game. Just my two cents.
    [Deleted User]Waan
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Is it not a bit late to be asking this sort of question? Are not all the "zones" finished now?
    Babuinix
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Scot said:
    Is it not a bit late to be asking this sort of question? Are not all the "zones" finished now?
    Nah, zones like most things will be worked and iterated as development advances. Some things will be added others will be removed or cut for later patches.

Remember how many unfinished/locked areas people found in vanilla WoW that didn't made to release, some where later included others where abandoned.
  • jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Scot said:

Well, there is 4-5 things that comes to mind here.

1) it's corona times- so expect every thing to be delayed.

2) it's a new team, a new company so expect every thing to take longer than they expect themselves.

3) it's Ashes of Creation, dynamic zones that change during the game is a Major selling point. So expect the world and zones to be something that needs a lot of ekstra work , in a game that I really fear could suffer from feature creep on that front.

4) they just had a lifting of nda, that point at the game doing progress but with a lot a work in front of them still, and with 20% of the world playable in this summers testing.

5) With all the above in mind I find it reasonable to expect huge part of the world in a state where the team actual could use feedback like those gained from this topic. If they really are going to use the feedback or it's more of a pr/gather the community stunt time will tell.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Babuinix said:
    Scot said:
    Nah, zones like most things will be worked and iterated as development advances. Some things will be added others will be removed or cut for later patches.

Remember how many unfinished/locked areas people found in vanilla WoW that didn't made to release, some where later included others where abandoned.
    Fair enough, I have seen some videos and the environment looked quite sorted. But areas yet released sounds reasonable.