Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Lowers Base Game Price As Well As Details VIP Membership Service Ahead Of July Launch | MMO

Comments

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    That VIP sub looks so like a ftp games...

Kinda seems they are advertising it going ftp before they go ftp....strange.

BruceYeeIselinGdemami
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    BruceYee said:

Vrika said:

BruceYee said:

Wowowow lots of serious p2w in that VIP. Those are waaay more than QoL & "convenience" features haha.

They going straight whaling expedition right out the gate separating the community between begger & noble tiers. Maybe whaling expedition/hardcore players is the target audience though + they aren't trying to hide it so whateves..

If they were targeting whales they'd make it microtransactions and someone paying $100 a month would still be at a disadvantage against a whale paying $500 a month.

Personally I like Crowfall's style of trying to make the subscription near mandatory so that everyone who pays a reasonable price gets roughly level playing field.

IMO this is the best example of how to do P2W right by announcing upfront what they're selling you leaving nothing to be discovered later and no grey areas. P2W handled right is strange to write/say but IMO the perfect description for what this is. I'm giving them massive praise for having the stones to declare what they want($) for the services they're providing.

P2W can't be done right in a game focused on PvP combat, as the whole point of such is for players to battle each other based on their own merit rather than how much advantage one person can afford over another.

Anything additionally sold would have to provide no in game advantage and thus wouldn't be P2W, or they'd undermine the credibility of their combat and game.
    Gdemami
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sandmanjw said:
    That VIP sub looks so like a ftp games...

Kinda seems they are advertising it going ftp before they go ftp....strange.

20% reduction before it even releases is another big clue they're heading that way in a hurry.

The small numbers playing it, even with all the free beta keys floating around, tells the same story too.
    SandmanjwKyleranSlapshot1188GdemamiValdheim
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Nanfoodle said:

tzervo said:

I've played maybe 4 hours so far and I'm just not sure what the point of this game is. I blame myself because I haven't done much research, but it feels sort of like Shadowbane (which I really enjoyed, but that was like 20 years ago).

- Go to campaign.
    - Get resources.
    - Kill players.
    - Win campaign.
    - Take spoils home.

How about now?

I signed up for beta but I now dont feel like giving my time to this one from everyones comments over the past 2 weeks.

How many things in life have you missed out on because you lemming?
    GdemamiValdheim
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!

BruceYee said:

Can we at least have one thread where the usual suspects don't try to act like all knowing game gurus and just discuss games on case by case basis? Can we start with this one or are you jokers going to try and derail this one too like you do every damn thread where any type of real conversation/discussion is possible?

So basically you want to spout your opinion without anyone disagreeing with you......got it.
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]KyleranTacticalZombehValdheim

BruceYee said:

tzervo said:

BruceYee said:

Some of the parcels and housing are more than $150USD per.
    - Housing will cost you hundreds/thousands + even more for guilds

Are there any gameplay advantages to these? As far as I could tell they are purely cosmetic.

Maybe take 5 minutes to log into the game you claim to own or read up about it on their site? If that's too hard scroll up and click the link in the article the thread is based on..

At this point nothing you write is worth reading for me and tbh very obvious bait material with the way you endlessly spin things just like your buddies. Your overuse of the agree/insightful feature has also become a form of trolling + possibly just a point padding account so I'm blocking you. I don't want to @Remsleep myself in a moment of weakness.

This site should really consider removing the point system + ranks and go back to when what people wrote mattered more than this circle jerk tribalism that's going on now.

You are the only one who cares about some "rank system" dude. People disagree with you, simple as that. I suppose it is easier for you to convince yourself they are trolls than it is you are wrong.
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]KylerankitaradAeanderUngoodValdheim
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    First of all 40 bucks is too much for this shallow game.Then to add a vip cash shop on top of it is not only wrong but makes the 40 dollar price tag even worse.

IMO this is at best a 20 dollar game with ZERO added monetization but this is the way of the modern studios,they just can't help but go for maximum greed.
    Valheim is 23 bucks and Atlas another game i actually enjoyed playing was 20 bucks but soon dropped to 11 bucks on sale.I don't even want to look at Crowfall let alone play it,so yeah it is not worth 40 bucks by any stretch.

I get the VIp scum move,they figure if they have someone actually hooked in they might as well grind them for as much as possible.

So imo this is not a cash drop because it is selling for MORE than it is worth.They will soon find out there is a lack of interest and the price will drop again one month after release and unless it drops to 20 bucks it will still be too much.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I expect to see them panic from lack of interest and then cause an uproar as they implement a full cash shop within 4 months.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    tzervo said:

I also edited out the "insulting" part because I felt it was obvious. Everyone reading this thread can tell that you are downright insulting and rude anyway and not "nicest way" like you say. I mean, you already called me a troll and a fake account here, a shill in the other thread etc. Not really much to add to that.

It's OK.  everyone can see it.  Just relax and go about your business.  After a while you will probably see the ironic humor in it that the rest of us see. He kicked it off by calling the $15 sub a "whaling expedition" that was "separating the community between beggar and noble tiers".  A $15 sub...  seriously.  Like I said,  I'm f'ing Moby Dick now because I have a paid sub.

When he attempted to pivot from the sub and bring housing into the game (has nothing to do with the thread) you asked what advantage it gave.  Note, his response was not to tell you what impact that had, but to attack you.  (Hint, the EK's are basically instanced housing)

As I said in the other threads, I have a strong suspicion that CF ends up failing fairly soon after launch, but that will be related to the concept that the game loop just isn't fun.  Not anything to do with a sub.   There are more posts about the VIP in THIS THREAD than there are on the official forums.   THAT is the issue.

[Deleted User]KidRiskViper482Valdheim

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited June 2021
    I backed it way back in the day because I wanted a RvR MMO and I digged their concept of "pick your own rules" PvP realms. So it costs me nothing to try it. But my expectations are low. Hope it manages to impress.
    Slapshot1188laxieTacticalZombeh
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    I was an early bird backer with sapphire pledge for this years ago. But then it gradually became less mmo-like and more of a large scale battle royale. I lost interest as it became something I was no longer interested in. I do wish it success even though it wasn't for me. I'm just not entirely sure who this game will appeal to.
    Slapshot1188Ungood
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Viper482 said:

Nanfoodle said:

tzervo said:

I've played maybe 4 hours so far and I'm just not sure what the point of this game is. I blame myself because I haven't done much research, but it feels sort of like Shadowbane (which I really enjoyed, but that was like 20 years ago).

- Go to campaign.
    - Get resources.
    - Kill players.
    - Win campaign.
    - Take spoils home.

How about now?

I signed up for beta but I now dont feel like giving my time to this one from everyones comments over the past 2 weeks.

How many things in life have you missed out on because you lemming?
    I have been reading allot about this game and there is some positive reviews but the majority talk about the game does not have allot of depth. You just keep doing the same few things over and over. I like verity in my MMOs. As much as I do love PvP, some days I log in to craft and gather, some days to run dungeons. Im not convinced I am missing out. Im old enough now, I am willing to wait to see how the launch goes and read comments here after people have played a few weeks. Watch some twitch streams and judge more fully later. My time is precious. I also dont have time to play one MMO for PvP and one for PvE anymore like I did when I was young, with DAoC and EQ back in the day. I was gaming 50+hrs a week.    
    kitaradUngood
  • theGnadetheGnade Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Yeah, this most likely isn't going to work. Before seeing this bs I was already skeptical about the game. So now hearing that you need to pay sub to gain access to full features, I can't really see how this is going to work.

As I see lot of players are willing to pay sub if game has proven to be interesting and not dead few days after release. So far I can't see how this game is going to be one of those games. No magazines are interested in covering it- means they also don't have faith in this game. Also people who actually have tried the game don't really have anything good to say about it. Weather tester played 1 hour or 20 hour the conclusion is still negative.

Other thing what bothers me is that it's community will heavily be filled with fanboys. As you can see this game has no hype involved meaning likely there isn't going to be much fresh blood. Means most of their playerbase will be made of players who backed early and have played years knowing each aspect of the game and they will be so blind that they will accept every bad thing dev feeds them.
    Gdemami
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I'm concerned that you still cannot have an EK open 24/7. The VIP just gives +3 hours to it.

That seems... unfortunate.
    Could someone explain to me how the EK works?

I was mainly looking forward to Crowfall because you can build your own kingdom with the stuff you get at the end of each campaign.

Can you visit the EK whenever you want? I am confused about what this +3 hours means.
    [Deleted User]
    laxie said:
    I'm concerned that you still cannot have an EK open 24/7. The VIP just gives +3 hours to it.

That seems... unfortunate.
    Could someone explain to me how the EK works?

I was mainly looking forward to Crowfall because you can build your own kingdom with the stuff you get at the end of each campaign.

Can you visit the EK whenever you want? I am confused about what this +3 hours means.
    Here is my understanding.  Someone can correct if I get anything wrong.

The EK is your instanced housing. It exists outside the campaigns.  You can develop your Eternal Kingdom by creating (or buying) parcels.  The parcel types vary from woodlands to city parcels.  The type of parcel determine what resources exist there and what you can build on it.  It also determines how many people can visit your EK.   The largest city parcels allow up to 120 people to visit.

Each parcel has a rating for the types of buildings it can support.  The larger parcels can support the larger buildings (ie. you cannot put a castle on a woodlands parcel).

Mostly, what happens in the EK stays in the EK as the resources are just the basic white type that are plentiful in the campaigns.  But when you win (or lose) a campaign you get to export a percentage of what you have in the bank back to your EK (or just your universal bank). You can setup crafting stations and merchants in your EK.  So people might visit it to look for an axe or a helmet.  But each campaign has rules about what you can bring into them and many (if not most) start out with just you naked, or with a few items.

You can grant other people "ranks" and allow them to build in your EK.

You have to "startup" your EK before you or anyone else can join it.  They are not always open.   Once you leave your EK it shuts down in 10 minutes.  With the VIP sub the EK will stay open for an extra 3 hours. (Not sure if the people you made Nobles can start up the EK on their own)

This post has a lot of info:  https://community.crowfall.com/topic/29935-parcel-overview-beta-6400-february-2021/

[Deleted User]laxieKyleranValdheim

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I just tried now the beta for free. Not enough for these days thats true and not my cup of tea anyway but can have some fun in it. I dont know how much the final version will be but when you can wait for Bless Unleashed, pay at least 40 for solo, etc. not that bad and can be a solid game for this summer I guess.
    tzervo said:

You have to "startup" your EK before you or anyone else can join it.  They are not always open.   Once you leave your EK it shuts down in 10 minutes.  With the VIP sub the EK will stay open for an extra 3 hours. (Not sure if the people you made Nobles can start up the EK on their own)

This post has a lot of info:  https://community.crowfall.com/topic/29935-parcel-overview-beta-6400-february-2021/
    Thanks for the writeup. Am wondering what happens if you idle. I.e. can you just leave your character in the EK overnight for example, BDO style, or does the game kick you out due to inactivity.

Also this sounds like it will be an annoying experience for the person visiting, for example to buy stuff from the vendor stalls, find something and then be kicked out because the EK instance expires.
    As far as I know, you cant just stand there or you timeout.  So you'd have to have some kind of macro. But my guess is that only a few EKs will really exist for shopping.  There is no current way to know what is for sale without visiting a vendor.  Nobody is going to just visit 1000 random EKs and hope to find something.  The biggest EKs will have lots of stalls where they sell their goods.  Thats my guess.   
    [Deleted User]

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    It's boring, generic and tedious, period.
    Scorchien
    saker said:
    It's boring, generic and tedious, period.
    I tend to agree, but we are giving it one last shot at launch.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited June 2021
    While people here still choose to point pad each other for insults & demeaning behavior rather than discuss the game the reality of CF is where the majority of ACE income will most likely be earned is Eternal Kingdoms from mega whales... The ones that spend 5k+. Right now there are probably players working out their budgets & planning out parcel purchases. There will most likely also be youtube videos of people showing off their vast EK.

The way they set up EK and parcels is IMO pure genius and sets it up to be a part of the game that CAN be completely separate from the PVP by setting up PVE Only/Crafting Worlds if ACE chooses to do so. The potential for expansion in EK with things like seasonal parcels/buildings being added with Halloween/Summer/Winter themes is what will cater to the types of gamers who are all about housing and why I think ArtCraft will eventually be bought out by a bigger company. The potential for sales for a mmo that sells 'pieces' of land for hundreds of dollars that caters to both MMO & Survival crowds is IMO huge. The purchase amounts of people willing to throw money at housing is a sizable part of many games income that have housing. The way this game set up parcels takes that to the next level.

It kinda puts into perspective why they've done everything the way they have recently from the beta keys to the red herring Hunger Dome. The PVP game is for the regular folk while the EK is for the target whaley audience which I have no objections to and may even be a part of depending on how everything plays out. A community of EK focused people can be built within the broader CF community possibly providing far more large sum sales/income than anything else.
    UngoodKyleran
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Going to be honest, Crowfall never intended to toss a huge net, they made it clear that this was not going to be the game for everyone, some all-in-wonder MMO, or a WoW Killer™, or anything like that.

They set out to build a Team based PvP game, and that is what they made.

If the idea of Team based PvP is not what appeals to you, then this will not be the game for you. If you do not enjoy Team based PvP, Crowfall will not be a game you will enjoy.

It's a simple as that. 

I get that some people expect every game to be their everything, but Crowfall never set out to be that. It set out to be a Team Based PvP game.

I think more people need to look at it through that lens, to truly understand what they are playing.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]Valdheim
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Ungood said:
    Going to be honest, Crowfall never intended to toss a huge net, they made it clear that this was not going to be the game for everyone, some all-in-wonder MMO, or a WoW Killer™, or anything like that.

They set out to build a Team based PvP game, and that is what they made.

If the idea of Team based PvP is not what appeals to you, then this will not be the game for you. If you do not enjoy Team based PvP, Crowfall will not be a game you will enjoy.

It's a simple as that. 

I get that some people expect every game to be their everything, but Crowfall never set out to be that. It set out to be a Team Based PvP game.

I think more people need to look at it through that lens, to truly understand what they are playing.

Team based PVP is small scale PvP and they have never promoted Crowfall as small scale PVP .. that im aware of

They have promoted it as a Throne War , Faction based( RvR )   Large scale game ..

It may sound nit picky but you know the difference and it is signifigant to anyone that may have interest in Crowfall ..

"These Campaigns are fully populated – our goal is 2000 concurrent players (which supports a total player population of about 10,000) – and should span at least a handful of islands, each sized up to 5,120m by 5,120m."

This large scale RvR

Now of course just as in DAOC , War.etc , small scale can occur occasionaly , but the vast majority of Battles will be large scale ..

If they have enough players ..:)

If not , it just may very well end up a Team based PvP game sooner than they want
    YashaX
  • DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 161
    i think its just to late for this game.
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• iamspamicusiamspamicus Member UncommonPosts: 114
    This game could be f2p and it would still struggle to stay afloat imo.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Scorchien said:

"These Campaigns are fully populated – our goal is 2000 concurrent players (which supports a total player population of about 10,000) – and should span at least a handful of islands, each sized up to 5,120m by 5,120m."

So that was their goal. What's the current reality in terms of player numbers the game can handle without becoming a slide show? I keep hearing 200. Is that right?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED