Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 2021: Lost Ark Is Coming Fall 2021 To The West Via Amazon Game Studios | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageE3 2021: Lost Ark Is Coming Fall 2021 To The West Via Amazon Game Studios | MMORPG.com

One of the most highly requested games to come to the West, Lost Ark, is confirmed to be coming finally. Players will be able to drop the VPN and play on a client built specifically for the West this fall, with a beta coming this summer. Smilegate's free-to-play MMOARPG is one that many fans have been waiting for, but for the uninitiated, just what is Lost Ark?

Read the full story here

Babuinix

Comments

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    HELL YES!!! FINALLY!!!
    MikehaZenJelly
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    I'm tired of this whole, "Western World = North America & Europe" only.

What happened to Oceanic & South East Asia, they are pretty much English.
    MustikosHyperpsycrowZenJelly
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    yonpachi said:

They have to find willing publishers in your region I think.

kitarad said:
    yonpachi said:

Only Blizzard give enough damn that SEA & Oceanic players are mostly English speaking, and they put them in their "The Americas" region. 
    Mustikos
    edited June 2021
    yonpachi said:
    kitarad said:
    yonpachi said:

Only Blizzard give enough damn that SEA & Oceanic players are mostly English speaking, and they put them in their "The Americas" region. 
    Not good for your ping though. ARPG I would hate to play with 1k over ping.
    Mustikos

edited June 2021
    kitarad said:
    yonpachi said:
    kitarad said:
    yonpachi said:

Not good for your ping though.
    They do have servers located in AU/Singapore, and they are inside that "The Americas" region
    Mustikos
  • Archlord2006Archlord2006 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    OMFGWTFLOLYESSFFGTG.. I am pinching my nipples right now
    AsherammomintimmaskedweaselXarko
    edited June 2021
    yonpachi said:
    kitarad said:
    yonpachi said:
    kitarad said:
    yonpachi said:

AU/Singapore server is inside that "The Americas" region
    Important thing is to have the hosting servers in your region to reduce the ping. Blizzard used to have very high pings for me when I was playing in Singapore. They are not doing you any favours when they don't also provide the hosting in the region.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    ArglebargleAsheramkitaradSovrathKidRisk
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Gotta love Chow Yun Fatt.
    ArglebargleRinswind89

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

kitarad said:

yonpachi said:

kitarad said:

yonpachi said:

kitarad said:

yonpachi said:

AU/Singapore server is inside that "The Americas" region

Important thing is to have the hosting servers in your region to reduce the ping. Blizzard used to have very high pings for me when I was playing in Singapore. They are not doing you any favours when they don't also provide the hosting in the region.

its all about choice really, if people outside these regions want to play there, it up to then, as long they don't ipblock its up to you.

but serious the most hardcore players kinda played the korean already and is tired, they kinda missed the window, it will ahve people playing but I don't think it will be like it could be
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Can't wait.
    ZenJelly
  • HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Great news
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Great stuff!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Region Locked
    In fact one of more aggressive region locks I seen in long while. I guess lot of us will still need that VPN

• dartseeddartseed Member UncommonPosts: 23
    New World and now Lost Ark! Looking to be a good year for MMOs!!
    NanfoodleZenJelly
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    All good that Lost Ark is finally coming to EU/NA .. but I still wonder, how in the hell a big company like Amazon Games, its spending their resources ( and money ) for 3rd party games, rather then focusing in becoming a major Game Development company.

I blame the guy from SOE. He did the same at SOE, publishing many other games.. and we all know how it ended up.

If I would be Amazon ( or SOE ), I will ONLY release games I'm making, not publishing some Korean Grind MMO for God knows what reason.

In before : Money and Marketing . Really ?!?
    GdemamiZenJelly

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    I'm honestly curious why are people so excited about this game? At best it looks like Cabal Online, a game I also never understood the appeal of.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    The region lock, on a response on steam they said it's the zones they have publishing rights for.

Smilegate sells publishing rights by region, the mere fact russia has its own license pretty much implies it can't be a globally open mmo.
  • DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Looking forward to this...looks like this will be a good year for games...maybe just to many good games.
    NanfoodleZenJelly
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• 123ffxiv123ffxiv Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited June 2021
    The question everyone really wants to ask is where the alpha keys at Mmorpg???
    ZenJelly
  • sanibak3asanibak3a Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I have no idea why people are so hyped for this game. I played it in Korea over VPN for like 2-3 months when it first came out and quit out of boredom. Content is time gated meaning no matter how much you grind or how "good" you are your progression will be limited. I think it takes like 2-3 weeks or more just to get to the western side of the world map past the barrier.

I don't see this as "main game" material. I'm hyped for Swords of Legends Online, but I might end up feeling the same way after 2-3 months of that game. It's hard to find an MMO these days that holds my attention after the first few months. Once the fresh content dries up and you're stuck on that daily/weekly treadmill grind it's hard to stay motivated to play.
    BruceYeeZenJelly
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    dartseed said:
    New World and now Lost Ark! Looking to be a good year for MMOs!!
    I agree but I have to admit if I had to pick one of them, it will be Lostark. I have been watching streams of that game for many years. 
    ZenJelly
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    finally! 

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

IceAge said:

All good that Lost Ark is finally coming to EU/NA .. but I still wonder, how in the hell a big company like Amazon Games, its spending their resources ( and money ) for 3rd party games, rather then focusing in becoming a major Game Development company.

I blame the guy from SOE. He did the same at SOE, publishing many other games.. and we all know how it ended up.

If I would be Amazon ( or SOE ), I will ONLY release games I'm making, not publishing some Korean Grind MMO for God knows what reason.

In before : Money and Marketing . Really ?!?

TBH if they let developers keep full creative control then AGS is probably better off just being a publisher.

FYI Smedley is low on ze AGS totem pole so you can put your blame away...
    They'd actually be better off if he was in charge but right now he just leechin' like the rest of em' ;)