Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Lowers Base Game Price As Well As Details VIP Membership Service Ahead Of July Launch | MMO

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageCrowfall Lowers Base Game Price As Well As Details VIP Membership Service Ahead Of July Launch | MMORPG.com

Crowfall is coming in July, and ArtCraft Entertainment announced today their monetization prices ahead of the launch, with special mention of the VIP package as well as base game price.

Read the full story here

Ungood

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I've played maybe 4 hours so far and I'm just not sure what the point of this game is. I blame myself because I haven't done much research, but it feels sort of like Shadowbane (which I really enjoyed, but that was like 20 years ago).
    ashiru_1978KyleranRandomCasualtyKidRisk

Joined - July 2004

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522
    I played it for awhile. It's a major time sink. I went back in recently to see how it was doing. You move at a snails pace. Ugh. This game is gonna be DoA if they don't sort it (and the community) out.
    YashaXMouloxtos85DekahnAugustusG

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

I've played maybe 4 hours so far and I'm just not sure what the point of this game is. I blame myself because I haven't done much research, but it feels sort of like Shadowbane (which I really enjoyed, but that was like 20 years ago).

I played less than an hour - first time 40 minutes and uninstalled, second time 10 minutes and remembered why I uninstalled the first time and uninstalled again. There won't be a third time installing that game, even if they make it F2P, and they probably will considering how niche it already is with the forced PvP and how incomplete, boring and shallow the game is.
    RandomCasualtyDekahnKaylesssakerDhampir
  • Cheecher2Cheecher2 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    cash grab alert!!!
    KidRiskMouloxtos85Viper482Dekahnsakermysticmouse
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Wowowow lots of serious p2w in that VIP. Those are waaay more than QoL & "convenience" features haha.

They going straight whaling expedition right out the gate separating the community between begger & noble tiers. Maybe whaling expedition/hardcore players is the target audience though + they aren't trying to hide it so whateves..
    KyleranGdemami
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

tzervo said:

- Go to campaign.
    - Get resources.
    - Kill players.
    - Win campaign.
    - Take spoils home.

How about now?

I signed up for beta but I now dont feel like giving my time to this one from everyones comments over the past 2 weeks.
    TokkenViper482Gdemamisaker
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Lowering prices already? Sounds like they're worried.
    ScorchienNanfoodleNildenSarla[Deleted User]YashaXTokkenGdemamiDekahnsakerand 1 other.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    BruceYee said:
    Wowowow lots of serious p2w in that VIP. Those are waaay more than QoL & "convenience" features haha.

They going straight whaling expedition right out the gate separating the community between begger & noble tiers. Maybe whaling expedition/hardcore players is the target audience though + they aren't trying to hide it so whateves..
    If they were targeting whales they'd make it microtransactions and someone paying $100 a month would still be at a disadvantage against a whale paying $500 a month.

Personally I like Crowfall's style of trying to make the subscription near mandatory so that everyone who pays a reasonable price gets roughly level playing field.
    [Deleted User]Kyleranashiru_1978Ungood

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    One of the perks is "+3 hours eternal kingdom uptime". I was under the impression you can visit your world whenever you want. Is the bonus uptime to make the world persist for others after you log off?
    [Deleted User]
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    I'm concerned that you still cannot have an EK open 24/7. The VIP just gives +3 hours to it.

That seems... unfortunate.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    BruceYee said:

I read through the list and thought wow, they really toned the P2W down from what was discussed about 3 years ago.

We all see thru different lenses..

mcrippinsUngood[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

BruceYee said:

LOL. We have very different understanding about what a "whale" is. If all it takes is $15 a month for a sub then call me Moby Dick.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]KidRisk[Deleted User]mcrippinsTokkenViper482TacticalZombehFlharfhCanyen109and 1 other.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Iselin said:
    Lowering prices already? Sounds like they're worried.

If what the guy who agreed w/you @Scorchien wrote is true then why not reduce the base game price if they intend to eventually plan to go FTP? + are fishing for whales in the process?

Have you checked out the other stuff they have for sale? That other stuff is pure whaling expedition stuff. Some of the parcels and housing are more than $150USD per. This is why I dislike when game companies create their own game currency to make it appear that items are worth more through that made up currency smoke barrier.

It's obvious they're going for that long-term big spender demographic and that's fine & honest IMO rather than pretending to be all things to everyone.

- P2W VIP which will be needed by any serious player
    - Housing will cost you hundreds/thousands + even more for guilds
    - Serious players will need to invest lots of time into the game

Those are all hardcore gaming/spending things to have in a game and I'm glad they're announcing it up front so people can make the decision at the start if they want to go all in or not.
    Gdemami
    Some folks just hate paying 30 cents a day or whatever it works out to.

[Deleted User]KidRisk[Deleted User]mcrippinsViper482UngoodKnightFalzTacticalZombehFlharfh[Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited June 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Some folks just hate paying 30 cents a day or whatever it works out to.

The community really jumped the shark when they started to call subscriptions P2W.  It was all downhill from there.

I mean, you can like or dislike the model and have a preferred method of monetization, but a sub was always the baseline.  

PS: Make sure you get that bonus payment from Walt and Todd this week. I think we did a damn good job over here.

[Deleted User]AlomarKyleranGdemamiKnightFalz[Deleted User]nurso

Can we at least have one thread where the usual suspects don't try to act like all knowing game gurus and just discuss games on case by case basis? Can we start with this one or are you jokers going to try and derail this one too like you do every damn thread where any type of real conversation/discussion is possible?
    KyleranMallyxViper482Gdemami
  • goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    "Also as with many other MMOs on the market, the Crowfall VIP will offer subscribers a small token of in-game currency as well."

LOL, happy i'm sitting this one out folks. You just can't make this shit up, $39.99 for this hot trash and VIP's get storage space, respeccing of skills/talents, in game currency?

LOL, thank you for the great laugh.
    KyleranGdemami
    tzervo said:
    BruceYee said:

Some of the parcels and housing are more than $150USD per.
    - Housing will cost you hundreds/thousands + even more for guilds
    Are there any gameplay advantages to these? As far as I could tell they are purely cosmetic.

Maybe take 5 minutes to log into the game you claim to own or read up about it on their site? If that's too hard scroll up and click the link in the article the thread is based on..

At this point nothing you write is worth reading for me and tbh very obvious bait material with the way you endlessly spin things just like your buddies. Your overuse of the agree/insightful feature has also become a form of trolling + possibly just a point padding account so I'm blocking you. I don't want to @Remsleep myself in a moment of weakness.

This site should really consider removing the point system + ranks and go back to when what people wrote mattered more than this circle jerk tribalism that's going on now.

Slapshot1188KyleranYashaXMallyxViper482Gdemamistrawhat0981Ungood
  • sanibak3asanibak3a Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I tried Crowfall in beta a few months ago. I'm normally willing to give most games a try. Hell, I played the original Bless Online on release AND gave the new console -> PC port Bless Unleashed a try!

I uninstalled Crowfall after about an hour. That's about how long Bless Unleashed lasted on my PC. Just not my kind of game. Best of luck to them in their hustle though. These guys have spent a long time making Crowfall. Maybe one day it'll be fun.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Price drop before release. No red flags there. Nope.
    YashaXTokkenDekahnGdemamiHaki88saker
    edited June 2021

Vrika said:

BruceYee said:

If they were targeting whales they'd make it microtransactions and someone paying $100 a month would still be at a disadvantage against a whale paying $500 a month.

Personally I like Crowfall's style of trying to make the subscription near mandatory so that everyone who pays a reasonable price gets roughly level playing field.

Umm "whaling" has nothing to do with "advantage". Marvel Heroes had whales and they had no in-game advantage over others except vanity items = looking pretty. Whaling is just about certain people spending hundreds/thousands of dollars and Eternal Kingdom is where that will happen.
    Manor house sells for $180USD, Shire parcel $150 + all the other buildings and parcels which is only what's listed for sale right now. Guilds wanting to be tHe LeeTEsT will buy all the guild extras and most likely any extras they add in the future.

Do you not consider one $180 pixel house or just one section of land for $150 whaling? it's very similar to Shroud of the Avatar which I also have zero objection to BTW I'm just calling it what it is.

"Personally I like Crowfall's style of trying to make the subscription near mandatory so that everyone who pays a reasonable price gets roughly level playing field" - I agree, I like this too.

IMO this is the best example of how to do P2W right by announcing upfront what they're selling you leaving nothing to be discovered later and no grey areas. P2W handled right is strange to write/say but IMO the perfect description for what this is. I'm giving them massive praise for having the stones to declare what they want($) for the services they're providing.
    Gdemami
    BruceYee said:
    Can we at least have one thread where the usual suspects don't try to act like all knowing game gurus and just discuss games on case by case basis? Can we start with this one or are you jokers going to try and derail this one too like you do every damn thread where any type of real conversation/discussion is possible?

You first.
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]KnightFalzSandmanjwAeanderkitarad

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    The basic piece of land and smallest house are $80 total. lol yeah, no thanks.
    Gdemami
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    Too bad their VIP doesn't come with lower system requirements so that I would have at least had the option of giving it a go. As it is I wouldn't even be able to lose effectively.

Such isn't normally my thing, but stag paladin.
    edited June 2021
    tzervo said:
    I never claimed to own the game. I said I tried it in the beta. I used the MOP key and tried it for a few hours.

I checked the guild house in the shop and it mentioned name reservation, more heraldry options and a place to show your trophies.

My question had no spin or bait. It was a simple, straightforward question.

My account is a point padding for whom? Two guys who already have legendary ranks? Do you really think that makes sense?

Your words in your other post in this thread...
    "I tried it in the beta a few days ago and I liked what I saw, but it is not flawless".

Your words in this thread in your last post before you edited it basically validating my assumptions 100%..

"I tried the beta, I liked what I saw and decided to buy the game" this is what you edited out of your last post and why I'm blocking you again after I finish this reply. You didn't edit your post for spelling errors you completely rewrote it. You admitted yourself to owning the game then completely changed your post cause you realized you couldn't make the argument of "never claimed to own the game" when you actually admitted yourself in your OWN WORDS to "decided to buy the game".. Pure agenda driven BS.

You also edited out the part where you said I was insulting you cause it's obvious I was giving you in the nicest way possible instructions on how to find answers to your obvious bait question ON YOUR OWN.

People here who I'm going to block in a minute like @Kyleran & Slapshot have become so fanatical that they're incapable of having a regular discussion without resorting to insults or beating that dead horse "30 cents a day" line. That level of focused hatred exceeds anything I've ever seen on this site in a while + apparently they have immunity to derail threads and insult people endlessly.

When people can no longer see that an OBVIOUS P2W sub that the devs themselves basically declare is P2W without actually specifically saying it is then they either have an agenda or are too far out of touch with reality to even communicate with. When posters here take one thing you write to use against you and ignore the rest they have an agenda. When members here constantly insult/attack posters who just want to discuss the topics of discussions they have an agenda.

Oh, because they'll probably come back and say something about it not being P2W here's what the VIP gives for those who choose not to go to the site themselves...

- Priority Queue
    - 100% Extra Inventory which the devs themselves say "can be extra beneficial in guild wars"
    - Extra PUBLIC access to Eternal Kingdom where YOUR market is and it will be available for 3 extra hours. Non-VIP will have only private access.

ACE is basically telling everyone without specifically saying "P2W" because that's the worst business move imaginable that the sub is P2W which I have ZERO objections to. I will buy the 12/mo but my guess is none of the people in this thread defending "30 cents a day" will...

The improvements they've made to the game even in the past year IMO goes far beyond what I thought they were capable of. Everyone who hasn't played the game in a while should definitely check it out again is my unwanted suggestion.