Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion Classic Announced, Releases June 23 | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    what servers location will they open? the usual NA/EU for the whole western world fuckery?
  • doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    edited June 2021
    Gonna see if nostalgia is enough for it to survive. If it brings nothing new on the table. At least wow/Pso2 made it on the updated engine. Mass Effect/Metro with better visuals. This becomes a trend but Aion doesn't know how to do it properly. Feels like re-releasing their alpha stage and slapping "classic" next to it for the nostalgic whales to get caught once more. Even Archeage fresh start feels better than this.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited June 2021
    They should do legit CoH & TR "Classic" next...
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    edited June 2021

Sovrath said:

Good grief is every MMO doing a classic? This one wasnt even very good.

Aion was awesome. For a sort of World of Warcraft'esque' mmorpg.

OG-Aion really was awesome
    I think this really goes to show that players are not actually happy with the evolutions of games. Original Aion was very cool and had such a good story arc and plans for large open battles pvp and dragons etc. Then next thing I know the abyss and rifts are gone and everyone looks like a penguin flinging paint at each other.
    GorweSovrathValdheim
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Sovrath said:

Gorwe said:

Sovrath said:

Gorwe said:

Sovrath said:

Gorwe said:

No Fast Track?

It's classic there wasn't fast track as far as I remember.

"Progression will be at a moderate pace in keeping with the original game."

In truth I thought progression was fast but I played Lineage 2 so that sort of warped my perception a bit.

t

played from launch and was templar, it took a month to lvl 50, so nope aion on lvling departament is fast as hell, gearing up in the other hand...., but pvp gear could be used on pve without a problem, hell most of time it would save time

A full month to max? That's not very fast to me. Everything above 14 days is too long. Ok, I've been spoiled by many modern MMOs and private servers alike. I can tolerate it if you get the core of your character class online rather quickly, otherwise...rip.

I suppose it depends on your game experience. Lineage 2 had classic "Asian Grinder" leveling and it once took me half a year to get to the my next level. Of course, this was at the extreme higher levels.

A month seems like chump change.

Was it at least fun?

Oh I loved it. But that was the thing, it wasn't "just" about leveling. The world felt more alive as there were clan/alliance wars, people holding bridges hostage unless you paid a toll, infamous pk'ers, alliances taking over large grinding spots (like Cruma) people helping people, getting lost if you dropped your map, etc etc etc.

And the leveling was what you did between and during all that.

It wasn't quite a living world but "it was a living world."

The few raids that were there were quite epic, the raid drops were high level gear which you could craft or buy on your own but they were very expensive or risky to craft.

It was more about players interacting than just "leveling."

So it was actually an MMORPG instead of a solo game with a chat room? Go figure!
    Sovrath
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Kumapon said:

Just over two weeks is so fast. That's like no time for advertisement. Pretty weird on their end to launch like this.

NCWest would benefit from postponing the launch by a few weeks to allow for more advertisement on Twitch/YouTube. Even if they choose not to promote via ads, 2 weeks is hardly enough time for the news to spread by word of mouth.

Apart from those who follow the game, most people I've spoken with have no clue about Aion Classic - including friends who played Aion in the past. Of those who are aware of the launch, the general consensus has been "I'll give it a try", but very few are genuinely excited about it. I'm sure the fears of P2W and videos addressing the KR bot situation only raise more skepticism. NCWest hasn't put out any statements on these issues, which should be a priority for the NA launch.

As Aion is one of my favorite MMOs of all time, I really hope that NCSoft tries to improve on their mistakes this time around. So far, I remain skeptical.

Yea this screams cash grab. Hope not.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    HM!!!

Why now?! I'm playing TBCC, but I do miss Aion!

Will surely check it out, that's for sure.

Welcome Aion Classic, welcome! :)
    Sovrath

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I played this game from beta. I enjoyed it a lot. I think I left because of the PvP and the terrible crafting RNG.
    Chamber of Chains
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    KroxMalon said:

Sovrath said:

Good grief is every MMO doing a classic? This one wasnt even very good.

Aion was awesome. For a sort of World of Warcraft'esque' mmorpg.

I think this really goes to show that players are not actually happy with the evolutions of games. Original Aion was very cool and had such a good story arc and plans for large open battles pvp and dragons etc. Then next thing I know the abyss and rifts are gone and everyone looks like a penguin flinging paint at each other.

Spiritmaster was a really satisfying class. Of course, I liked Assassin and Gunner better(I always like such...agile classes), but SM was also deeply satisfying. And the Chanter for your Chosen-like experience.

With that said, I was never quite on board with Virtuoso(...just a weird version of Bard tbh) and that mech class(awesome efficiency and fun, but completely immersion breaking).

So, Classic will have the base 4 Classes with all of their Subclasses? Fighter(Gladiator / Templar), Scout(Assassin / Ranger), Priest(Chanter / Cleric) and Mage(SM / Sorc)?
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited June 2021
    Rifting will return...ah the no life level 40s waiting to one shot the lvl 18/19s as soon as they venture out into the second zone.
    Makes you wonder why so many players quit that gank fest.

Their so catchy pvpve, translated in actual game play to getting killed over and over by players 20 levels higher. What an attractive proposition.....
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Viper482 said:

Sovrath said:

Gorwe said:

Sovrath said:

Gorwe said:

Sovrath said:

Gorwe said:

No Fast Track?

In truth I thought progression was fast but I played Lineage 2 so that sort of warped my perception a bit.

t

played from launch and was templar, it took a month to lvl 50, so nope aion on lvling departament is fast as hell, gearing up in the other hand...., but pvp gear could be used on pve without a problem, hell most of time it would save time

A full month to max? That's not very fast to me. Everything above 14 days is too long. Ok, I've been spoiled by many modern MMOs and private servers alike. I can tolerate it if you get the core of your character class online rather quickly, otherwise...rip.

I suppose it depends on your game experience. Lineage 2 had classic "Asian Grinder" leveling and it once took me half a year to get to the my next level. Of course, this was at the extreme higher levels.

A month seems like chump change.

Was it at least fun?

Oh I loved it. But that was the thing, it wasn't "just" about leveling. The world felt more alive as there were clan/alliance wars, people holding bridges hostage unless you paid a toll, infamous pk'ers, alliances taking over large grinding spots (like Cruma) people helping people, getting lost if you dropped your map, etc etc etc.

And the leveling was what you did between and during all that.

It wasn't quite a living world but "it was a living world."

The few raids that were there were quite epic, the raid drops were high level gear which you could craft or buy on your own but they were very expensive or risky to craft.

It was more about players interacting than just "leveling."

So it was actually an MMORPG instead of a solo game with a chat room? Go figure!

The Devil you say?!?!?! >:)
    Viper482
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited June 2021
    KroxMalon said:

yeah, that's the only problem with a lot of asian games. They are ok with things being very whimsical and including all sorts of cutsey stuff.

For example, if you buy one of the Aion Classic starter packs you get a sort of cowboy outfit. :s

And yet I still find the energy to go on.
    Viper482
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    edited June 2021

Sovrath said:

Gorwe said:

No Fast Track?

Lol. Everything is fast compared to Lineage II. The AION Client has tragically bad performance, so I won't be touching it again.