Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Beta Test Giveaway! | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    xpsync said:
    Almost 600 keys left after 4 days?
    They advertised free keys on other more popular sites, like Massively...  this sites pvp community is small compared to PVE focused.
    Yet... very few have used the keys from ANYWHERE to access the game over the weekend.  Maybe a few hundred...

TwistedSister77

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited June 2021
    xpsync said:
    They advertised free keys on other more popular sites, like Massively...  this sites pvp community is small compared to PVE focused.
    Yet... very few have used the keys from ANYWHERE to access the game over the weekend.  Maybe a few hundred...

I saw some of the numbers you posted at specific times, those are very concerning, beta runs till the 23rd. 

I'm not an apologist for the game, you would hope for a massive inflow at the start of beta.  

Keep reporting... good info.
    edited June 2021
    xpsync said:

I saw some of the numbers you posted at specific times, those are very concerning, beta runs till the 23rd. 

I'm not an apologist for the game, you would hope for a massive inflow at the start of beta.  

Yeah, I would like nothing more than for this game to take off, but I have a guild of 9 setup right now.  We have gamed together for years.  Of those 9, 8 have purchased copies of the game.   Of those 8, only 1 other person (besides me) has even responded to the idea of giving it one more go at launch.

All anecdotal... but as I said earlier, if AoC or New World gave away keys they would be gone in minutes, even if it was just for a weekend test.  Heck, even Mortal Online 2 had their Weekend Stress Test keys all taken.  And I can rag on the game, but there were thousands of people who tried it that weekend, if not tens of thousands.

Folks can keep their heads wedged firmly in....  the sand... but the canary in the mineshaft isn't looking so good at this point. 
    Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    TwistedSister77Gdemami

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I picked up a key over the weekend, but I did get mine from MOP.

I've only put about 2 hours into the game so far, roughly level 8 I think. It hasn't been enough time for me to make any sort of judgements yet, except that the UI is awful. Really awful.

Hoping to put more time in over the rest of the week and reach the PvP parts, see how things work. I actually like the art style more than I thought I would. I was a bit disappointed by the class locking, but managed to find a combo that I liked. Also massively disappointed by the information on the website! I read through every class description on the site and still didn't have a clue what role that class was supposed to be! I mean, wtf! The main role choice you have to make, and it doesn't explain what the roles are?!?!?

I'm playing a dwarf knight called Anstalt if anyone spots me in game. Went for that combo so I could compare a Crowfall tank to WAR's tanks, since a dwarf tank is what I play on RoR. I think I spotted @tzervo in game the other day, or at least someone with his/her name.
    [Deleted User]
    edited June 2021
    xpsync said:

Yeah, I would like nothing more than for this game to take off, but I have a guild of 9 setup right now.  We have gamed together for years.  Of those 9, 8 have purchased copies of the game.   Of those 8, only 1 other person (besides me) has even responded to the idea of giving it one more go at launch.

All anecdotal... but as I said earlier, if AoC or New World gave away leys they would be gone in minutes, even if it was just for a weekend test.  Heck, even Mortal Online 2 had their Weekend Stress Test keys all taken.  And I can rag on the game, but there were thousands of people who tried it that weekend, if not tens of thousands.

Folks can keep their heads wedged firmly in....  the sand... but the canary in the mineshaft isn't looking so good at this point. 
    See, when it comes to your posts... I know you're the type that enjoys different formats and that includes pvp.  So, you'll try to be balanced.

The only saving grace I can possibly point to, is that both ESO and WoW dropped expansions the past week.  But even so... not good.
    edited June 2021

I've only put about 2 hours into the game so far, roughly level 8 I think. It hasn't been enough time for me to make any sort of judgements yet, except that the UI is awful. Really awful.

Hoping to put more time in over the rest of the week and reach the PvP parts, see how things work. I actually like the art style more than I thought I would. I was a bit disappointed by the class locking, but managed to find a combo that I liked. Also massively disappointed by the information on the website! I read through every class description on the site and still didn't have a clue what role that class was supposed to be! I mean, wtf! The main role choice you have to make, and it doesn't explain what the roles are?!?!?

I'm playing a dwarf knight called Anstalt if anyone spots me in game. Went for that combo so I could compare a Crowfall tank to WAR's tanks, since a dwarf tank is what I play on RoR. I think I spotted @tzervo in game the other day, or at least someone with his/her name.
    It's a shame companies in this day and age don't give more base UI options for preferences and playstyles. 

Thank god for addons that will come to customize.

Check out some youtube videos, and I agree... why they wouldn't have more info on their site about classes is not the smartest move.

Try to join a guild that's playing while you are, that's how the pvp is meant to be played.
    [Deleted User]
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706

It's a shame companies in this day and age don't give more base UI options for preferences and playstyles. 

Check out some youtube videos, and I agree... why they wouldn't have more info on their site about classes is not the smartest move.

Try to join a guild that's playing while you are, that's how the pvp is meant to be played.

Is crowfall going the addon route?

I haven't been following closely so I don't know, but that would be great if we can get UI addons! WAR's UI was shit too, but addons made it a lot better.

I don't really understand how they've made such a bad UI in the first place. I'm not complaining about the graphics / art of the UI so much as the placement.

I have to look top left for my health
    I have to look bottom middle for main skills
    I have to look bottom right for other skills
    I have to look middle right for buffs / debuffs
    I have to look centre top for enemy health
    I have to look centre for positioning and aiming.

It's just too much. On a 32inch monitor like I have, thats just too much eye movement in order to keep track of everything thats going on. Poor design.

They could easily condense the skill bar, it's not like there are many toolbar slots! And why separate the buffs/debuffs from the character window? Every other game puts their buffs right underneath the healthbar so everything is in one place. What possible use is there in separating the information? And the enemy health bar, why is that top middle? And so inconsistent? With no tab-targetting, the game seems unsure who I'm targetting, so sometimes the enemy health bar is there, sometimes it isn't.
    Sandmanjw[Deleted User]Slapshot1188

Is crowfall going the addon route?

I haven't been following closely so I don't know, but that would be great if we can get UI addons! WAR's UI was shit too, but addons made it a lot better.

I don't really understand how they've made such a bad UI in the first place. I'm not complaining about the graphics / art of the UI so much as the placement.

I have to look top left for my health
    I have to look bottom middle for main skills
    I have to look bottom right for other skills
    I have to look middle right for buffs / debuffs
    I have to look centre top for enemy health
    I have to look centre for positioning and aiming.

It's just too much. On a 32inch monitor like I have, thats just too much eye movement in order to keep track of everything thats going on. Poor design.

They could easily condense the skill bar, it's not like there are many toolbar slots! And why separate the buffs/debuffs from the character window? Every other game puts their buffs right underneath the healthbar so everything is in one place. What possible use is there in separating the information? And the enemy health bar, why is that top middle? And so inconsistent? With no tab-targetting, the game seems unsure who I'm targetting, so sometimes the enemy health bar is there, sometimes it isn't.
    I will agree that the organization is poor.  I never really know what buffs/debuffs I have on me because of their placement.  At least in combat.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Wait, this game is seriously going to be B2P? I thought this entire time it was going f2p on live......yeah this is definitely going to be DOA if that's true.
    Albatroes said:
    Wait, this game is seriously going to be B2P? I thought this entire time it was going f2p on live......yeah this is definitely going to be DOA if that's true.
    It's always been billed as B2P with an optional sub and a cash shop that is supposed to only have cosmetics and account type items.

Albatroes

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    xpsync said:

The huge thing to grasp here, is that Crowfall has been playable for years, it has already sold near to half a million seats, as such, most of the people that were excited about this game, already bought it.

So their focused demographic is not lining up for the free Beta Keys now, they have been playing the Beta's (Maybe even Alphas) already, and now, they prepping for launch, which sadly, is best done outside the game, with build editors, and discord channels to talk about your build.

So, the lack of tickets moving, is IMHO, more something that is caused by Art Crafts very unique approach to game development with Crowfall, by allowing players to buy the game while it was in pre-Alpha and play it all the while it was literally being developed around them.

Such is my take on things.

But, Again, they have already sold near half a million seats. While that might not equate to huge numbers at launch, we shall see.
    [Deleted User]TwistedSister77[Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    This game was hype years ago; think most have moved on and forgotten about it.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Mars_OMG said:
    Albatroes said:
    why does it matter to you what crowfall does ?

Bigger question is why does my opinion of the game matter to you? If you can answer that, then my answer to your question will probably be the same....
    edited June 2021
    Mars_OMG said:
    Albatroes said:
    Mars_OMG said:
    Albatroes said:

Bigger question is why does my opinion of the game matter to you? If you can answer that, then my answer to your question will probably be the same....
    Because you are trolling people like it is 2010 for no reason but to get a rise out of forum posters who have positive vibe about crowfall. As of this post, you will not exist in my universe, good day sir.

How many times does some need to say they hate something that doesnt follow the wow jelly mold and really most of the  out spoken people who "hate" crowfall sound like whining blizzard shills.

So me having an opposing view of the game means I'm trolling.....that is a very interesting view point. I guess I can't be surprised by this way of thinking given how the world has been over the past 4-5 years. I mean for all I know, you've probably sunk money into backing this title, which is fine. But PvP-focused games are objectively niche, with the idea of the entire progress cycle ending and restarting in this game being even more niche.

The point of my post isn't to tell people how to spend their money, just for people who do not understand the reality of certain sub-genres of mmos play out. But I guess you would consider educating people as trolling as well.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Albatroes said:
    Mars_OMG said:
    Albatroes said:
    Mars_OMG said:
    Albatroes said:

Because you are trolling people like it is 2010 for no reason but to get a rise out of forum posters who have positive vibe about crowfall. As of this post, you will not exist in my universe, good day sir.

How many times does some need to say they hate something that doesnt follow the wow jelly mold and really most of the  out spoken people who "hate" crowfall sound like whining blizzard shills.
    The point of my post isn't to tell people how to spend their money, just for people who do not understand the reality of certain sub-genres of mmos play out. But I guess you would consider educating people as trolling as well.
    You didn't even know Crowfall is b2p. I don't care about the game at all and can't remember when I didn't know that basic fact about it. Perhaps you're not in a good place to educate people on the game.
    In less than a month the conversation will shift from what we think will happen to reality.  

Should be fun.

laxie

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    edited June 2021
    Albatroes said:
    Mars_OMG said:
    Albatroes said:

I'll field this one.

There are a few reasons why other posters Opinio-n's Matter to me, not that any specific one of this would apply to you directly, but a general break down of what I would care what an another poster says.

• I know they have similar tastes in games to me, as such, their reviews of a game I have not played, will weigh in on if I will give the game a try or not.

• They are speaking from Misinformation, and I feel that, at the very least, they should be corrected, to both inform them, and so that others can know this is not correct info.

• They are speaking for Ignorance (IE: Have no idea what they are talking about) and this needs to be corrected and made known to others, so that no one becomes fooled that the poster knows what they are talking about.

• They are  deliberately and potentially maliciously lying, and I feel that they should be called out on such.

Now, Obviously, if they are just posting their opnion, ergo, something like "I Like Applies, and think they are the best fruit" in the end, this only matters to me, if:

• I like the same kinds of things they like, so I can get a feel on if I will like said game.
    • I cannot stand the kinds of things they like, so this will give me a feel on if I might like said game.
    Now, given your post, I don't think we share the same reasons.

Personally, if B2P is a deal breaker for, truth be told, you will not be missed, no dis or insult, but, no one is going to go around crying that you are not in the game with them.

You might be some super popular streamer, and I could be wrong on that, but, again, no dis, but I don't think you are.
    [Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Th3M3nT0rTh3M3nT0r Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    WOW Thnx MMORPG !
    Im download beta test Launer :)) Key working My oh My ! Im awesome!
  • Th3M3nT0rTh3M3nT0r Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    My oh my! You r awesome! Finaly Im in game!
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited August 2021
    194 Keys Remaining xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ConfonduConfondu Member UncommonPosts: 24
    It's pay to win. No it's not. It's crowd funded so it's crap. It's crowd funded so it's good...
    You are all arguing for the sake of argument. It's a stinkin Beta Key test it out in it's form today and see if it any good. Or Don't and express your uninformed ignorant opinion.

Geez take a key or don't and move on.
    edited August 2021
    Confondu said:
    It's pay to win. No it's not. It's crowd funded so it's crap. It's crowd funded so it's good...
    You are all arguing for the sake of argument. It's a stinkin Beta Key test it out in it's form today and see if it any good. Or Don't and express your uninformed ignorant opinion.

Geez take a key or don't and move on.
    Talk about "uninformed"... the beta ended over a month ago.
    YashaX