Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phantasy Star Online 2's New Genesis Global Launch Marred By Downtime Issues | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imagePhantasy Star Online 2's New Genesis Global Launch Marred By Downtime Issues | MMORPG.com

Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis is finally live this morning after a series of issues marred the launch earlier this morning. The team at SEGA have announced that servers are finally open almost 8 hours after it was supposed to originally go live. 

Read the full story here

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Thanks for the update and the reminder to download it lol
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Now if they could just do something about the lag.
    [Deleted User]

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• BrastinBrastin Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Would have loved to play this game but sadly its being banned in the Netherlands! Hope this will resolve quickly so we can play aswell
    Lucix
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    just a fix, progress is not shared, chars yes, NGS will be far diferent and no gear from NGS will be on the old game, some gears can be transfered to ngs, but you start it on lvl 1 anyway.

think of NGS as a new game with you can transfer all clothes and some gear from the old game. but if what I read happen gear from the old game will be too weak for you keep around
    kitarad
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Roin said:
    Now if they could just do something about the lag.
    Ya, launch day even of the most organized and capable team can be a mess. Im gonna wait a week. 
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 557

just a fix, progress is not shared, chars yes, NGS will be far diferent and no gear from NGS will be on the old game, some gears can be transfered to ngs, but you start it on lvl 1 anyway.

think of NGS as a new game with you can transfer all clothes and some gear from the old game. but if what I read happen gear from the old game will be too weak for you keep around

Thanks, we've updated the article to better reflect this. Appreciate the feedback.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    How does character sharing between the original PSO2 and New Genesis work? Can you create a character in either game and then take it to the other? Or is it only that original PSO2 characters can transfer to New Genesis and not the other way around? If the transfers go both ways, does it make sense to make new characters in New Genesis for use in the original game, or will that cause problems?
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Quizzical said:
    How does character sharing between the original PSO2 and New Genesis work? Can you create a character in either game and then take it to the other? Or is it only that original PSO2 characters can transfer to New Genesis and not the other way around? If the transfers go both ways, does it make sense to make new characters in New Genesis for use in the original game, or will that cause problems?
    It doesn't cause problems to create a character in ngs. But many items aren't usable between the two versions. If you have a character in pso2, you can use it in ngs, but you would still start over from level 1 and not all classes translate yet,  so you would have to start a different class. 

Cosmetics transfer though. At least all the ones I've seen. 

Quizzical said:
    It doesn't cause problems to create a character in ngs. But many items aren't usable between the two versions. If you have a character in pso2, you can use it in ngs, but you would still start over from level 1 and not all classes translate yet,  so you would have to start a different class. 

I've found a lot of information about creating a character in original PSO2 and then transferring it to NGS.  What I want to know about is the other direction, which no one seems to be talking about.  If I create a character in NGS, can I take it to the original PSO2 and everything will work just like an original PSO2 character?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2021
    I'm more curious if character slots are going to work like they do in the original, which is if you buy one and make one over the initial three but decide to delete one later, you lose the character slot you paid real money for....Sure, there's bound to be that one person that is like "well you can do everything on one character anyway" without adding that to play this game 'efficiently,' having multiple characters down the road to 'funnel' daily/weekly stuff is good.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Quizzical said:
    Quizzical said:

I've found a lot of information about creating a character in original PSO2 and then transferring it to NGS.  What I want to know about is the other direction, which no one seems to be talking about.  If I create a character in NGS, can I take it to the original PSO2 and everything will work just like an original PSO2 character?
    I tried it and it didn't let me swap to the original pso2, with a brand new ngs character, but that could be because I didn't complete the prologue on that character. 

edited June 2021
    Quizzical said:
    Quizzical said:

I tried it and it didn't let me swap to the original pso2, with a brand new ngs character, but that could be because I didn't complete the prologue on that character. 
    People have said that after the launch of NGS, even an original PSO2 character can't go to original PSO2 without completing the NGS prologue.  Thanks for checking, though.  I suppose that I'll have to try it myself after the download finishes.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Quizzical said:
    Quizzical said:
    Quizzical said:

People have said that after the launch of NGS, even an original PSO2 character can't go to original PSO2 without completing the NGS prologue.  Thanks for checking, though.  I suppose that I'll have to try it myself after the download finishes.
    I have both options when i check my new genesis character. I haven't try going to pso2 but it does give me an option to go in either of the games.
    kitarad

• CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    The game is pretty fun and all, but why do I still have to edit settings files in notepad to get it to change resolution? Am I missing something? Even Nvidia's 'optimal settings' thing wouldn't change it.