Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chivalry 2 out... what a blast

TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
edited June 2021 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
For those who dont know what it is, it's a team based (up to 32 vs 32 ) action FPS (or third person) medieval melee and bow game.  Lots of weapons and gore.

Veteran streamers have a contest with it against one another and love the crap out of the game, it is harder... but more way more immersive in 1st person (and that's how the streamers play it).

Here's a review...  "contender for multiplayer game of the year"

Some streamers our age... 

Arcadum (he is the top dungeon master streamer, does traditional DnD streams with top famous streamers..  really cool format worth a watch when he streams DnD.)

Cohhcarnage- really great guy and player, loves variety of RPGs and games.

But you can browse too.

PS - only on Epic for PC... so I know some hate for that (I am steam guy, but I use Epic too in a pinch).  Also, their are microtransactions for cosmetics, but everything can be earned in game.

KyleranAsheram

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Seems fun, after playing kingdom come deliverance, the type of combat is really fun, may give it a whirl. 
    SovrathTwistedSister77
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • MelMel2MelMel2 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    What different game modes are there?

Any Battle Royale/Royale Rumble mode?  And are there any tournament modes (1v1 type stuff)?
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    lots of gore. Too much for me!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I was in the alpha test and it was fun for a bit, but Mordhau is better imho
    RexKushman
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    Asheram said:
    Chivarly 2 is easier to learn and more arcadey, Mordhau is more simmy.  Both are great.  
    edited June 2021
    MelMel2 said:
    What different game modes are there?

Any Battle Royale/Royale Rumble mode?  And are there any tournament modes (1v1 type stuff)?
    Right now team based: deathmatch maps and multi-phase objective maps that are really cool (you have to watch to understand... so much to interact with while playing). 

Private servers will definitely have "dueling only" for people and spectators (they did in beta).  Private servers aren't up yet, fyi.

More will be released in the future.
    Seems fun, after playing kingdom come deliverance, the type of combat is really fun, may give it a whirl. 
    FYI - There is a epic store coupon running right now for $10 off games, so you can get a discount. 
    edited June 2021
    Also, the game is cross play... so you can play against/with friends across platforms.  So pick your preferred platform... but I couldn't imagine opting for anything over PC... situations vary.

Going to buy my nephew a copy for his PS5 so we can play together o:) ... or against  >:)
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited June 2021
    Asheram said:
    Chivarly 2 is easier to learn and more arcadey, Mordhau is more simmy.  Both are great.  
    Chiv2 didnt have much customization like Mordham, it was pretty much red vs blue. Maybe if they add more customization I might consider it at some point.

And if by simmy you mean like a realism sim 

Cecropia
  • mogi67mogi67 Member UncommonPosts: 69
    I've watched videos/streams...seems dumbed down compared to Chiv 1
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    I played the first game on PS3. What makes this one different?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

edited June 2021
    I played the first game on PS3. What makes this one different?
    A lot of cool updates, changes, additions. The first is 2012, the other 2021.   YouTube and twitch... check it out.
    mogi67 said:
    I've watched videos/streams...seems dumbed down compared to Chiv 1
    The gameplay is more seemless... more intuitive combat commands.  That's not dumbed down, thats gameplay improvement.

If you were an ace at the first 1, you should be top of the leaderboards  ;)

You're also watching the first opening month of play, people haven't formed too much strategy.  Private servers haven't  started (coming) or if there are here, they are new (didn't check this week).

Top streamers that played all these medieval FPS games are on this one and it's their go to.

I invite you to YouTube and streams.  Don't play, doesn't bother me a single bit. o:)

edited June 2021
    Asheram said:
    Asheram said:
    Chiv2 didnt have much customization like Mordham, it was pretty much red vs blue. Maybe if they add more customization I might consider it at some point.

And if by simmy you mean like a realism sim 

No by arcade vs simmy... was a reference to combat gameplay and survival.  References used by many people to compare the too.  Mordham has a much higher learning curve and less forgiveness.