Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Update (kind of) June 4th 2021

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
edited June 2021 in Chronicles of Elyria
https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/35012/KoE-Milestone-2A-Retrospective

Still no invites to the Alpha which was due in May.(Previously April) Maybe in "a couple of weeks"
He also announced FURTHER feature cuts (He previously pushed half of Milestone 1 into 2 and then split Milestone 2 into 2 parts) including 2 items he hyped recently. His Fog of War that he wasted all that time on... still doesn't work. And his Contracts which he called  one of 2 things "particularly exciting" about his Milestone 2 Part 1.  

I love how he gives a "Retrospective" on something that is "a few weeks" away.

This guy is as Constant as the North Star!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

KyleranGdemami

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    edited June 2021
    Also,  note that in the update given to MMORPG.COM just a few days ago he says that backers will have their hands on the Alpha in a few days.   Now, a few days later he says it will be a weeks.

This release is supposed to include 25% of his KoE game.  That’s what he just posted.  So this should be fun to see.
    GdemamiScot

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    When is he due in court, that's going to happen way before we see anything concrete from him game wise?
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited June 2021
    While I don't keep close track someone on Reddit noted the wins (kills in Jeromy speak) were all on items not actually in the published roadmap.

So perhaps added only to show he's winning when the reality is more likely he's getting "pawned" on the features that really matter.

GdemamiScot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    He has never produced anything playable after years of deceit so there is no roadmap there is no alpha there is just one thing.......a con artist who wants to steal money from people.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2021
    I was surprised to realize how long his scam has been going on,around 5 years,seemed like only 2,time flies.

There is NOTHING you can blame for not even having a product,just promises.I would be surprised of any court that doesn't recognize him as a criminal that had one goal,to steal money from people.
    8 million would be a very large sum to steal and would land him jail time but somehow the laws are so sketchy and he will walk away laughing all the way to the bank.

I don't the exact rules for collecting covid relief support but i bet he even managed to scam the government on that front.The problem is that he has to pay that back,or does he?

From what i can tell there are grants that will pay for bills and SOME of the tax free loans may be forgivable so he wouldn't have to pay it back.I am actually quite certain he is scamming covid relief.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Kyleran said:
    While I don't keep close track someone on Reddit noted the wins (kills in Jeromy speak) were all on items not actually in the published roadmap.

So perhaps added only to show he's winning when the reality is more likely he's getting "pawned" on the features that really matter.

If I say I am going to do X,Y,Z by Date 1.
    I then say I am going to only do X and Y and will need to push it to date 2
    Then after Date 2 passes I say I am only going to do part of X and it's going to be a few more weeks...(date 3)

In what world is any of that "winning".  I mean, he hasn't even opened his store yet to get fresh donations.

It's called losing and it's something, pretty much the ONLY THING, he has demonstrated any competence in.

Gdemami

The reactions to these updates has been so overwhelmingly negative that the Reddit mods have resorted to posting this "new rule":

In order to maintain civil conversations whenever a post, update, video, or interview from the current SbS team comes up, the moderators have agreed to set up a rule for these posts: All post must be linked as a Link, not a Discussion, and the link must only include the title of the article, with no additional commentary.

Due to the wonky nature of Kickstarter, please refrain from posting update links that end up there, and use the official Chronicles of Elyria website/blog post instead.

This is part of the continued efforts to maintain meaningful and civil discussion. Thanks, everybody!

-----------------------

How embarrassing for them...

[Deleted User]KyleranGdemami

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    The reactions to these updates has been so overwhelmingly negative that the Reddit mods have resorted to posting this "new rule":

In order to maintain civil conversations whenever a post, update, video, or interview from the current SbS team comes up, the moderators have agreed to set up a rule for these posts: All post must be linked as a Link, not a Discussion, and the link must only include the title of the article, with no additional commentary.

Due to the wonky nature of Kickstarter, please refrain from posting update links that end up there, and use the official Chronicles of Elyria website/blog post instead.

This is part of the continued efforts to maintain meaningful and civil discussion. Thanks, everybody!

-----------------------

How embarrassing for them...

So they have effectively stopped anyone discussing the updates?
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Not really, further clarification on their reasoning.

"To clarify this doesn't mean there can't be discussion on an update, but that the update must be posted as a link to the content, and titled by the name of the article. So for example, "Milestone 2B Update" and linking to that update when it is posted is fine, but "Milestone 2B Update - He wrote this so he wouldn't get sued" is not appropriate, neither is "2B is good for me" as a title. Posting it as a link with a title also means not starting it as a discussion with the link at the top in order to get in the first word, that will just make it a race to see who can post it first and set the tone with their opinion."
    [Deleted User]Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Not really, further clarification on their reasoning.

"To clarify this doesn't mean there can't be discussion on an update, but that the update must be posted as a link to the content, and titled by the name of the article. So for example, "Milestone 2B Update" and linking to that update when it is posted is fine, but "Milestone 2B Update - He wrote this so he wouldn't get sued" is not appropriate, neither is "2B is good for me" as a title. Posting it as a link with a title also means not starting it as a discussion with the link at the top in order to get in the first word, that will just make it a race to see who can post it first and set the tone with their opinion."
    Yup... that kind of suits CoE perfectly.  Their Reddit is as screwy as the company.

Gdemami