Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CrowFall to Officially Launch July 6

Comments

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    This launch better be a miracle for engagement, because the videos from their latest event with a $50,000 prize pool each had 300 views on YouTube.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited June 2021
    Is it an early access launch?  I hope not or it's a fail.
    Post edited by Tokken on

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Mars_OMG said:
    how many on twitch ?
    I haven't followed Twitch. It must have been more, as it's likely been re-streamed to YouTube.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    edited June 2021

Crowfall - Eternal Champions Series $50,000 Tournament - FINAL EVENT

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1040525241

5k views

The video speaks for itself.
    laxie

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Wow that's awesome news. Its been about a year since I played it so looking forward to how the released product turns out. Not sure if their timing for release could possibly be worse though- isn't New World also launching in July?
    mcrippins[Deleted User]
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    YashaX said:
    Wow that's awesome news. Its been about a year since I played it so looking forward to how the released product turns out. Not sure if their timing for release could possibly be worse though- isn't New World also launching in July?
    They go to closed beta for anyone who bought the game in July and launch in August
    [Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    edited June 2021
    As someone that has been following this game for a while, I am glad it is finally launching.

For anyone wondering what it is about. It is about Realms vs Realms, or Team based PvP, where guilds, and players can pick their sides, and fight for it. 

They explained at the start, that the main failing of a lot of PvP games is that after a while, a guild, or side, will start to dominate the game, akin to EvE, with massive guilds holding regions under an iron fist, and they wanted to prevent that from happening.

This is why the Worlds are limited time, after a time, a victor will be decided, rewards given out, and game confetti gets tossed all over the place. We all relax for a bit, and go back at it, waging war on a new world.

So this game is for people that want to play a realms vs realms game.

As far as PvE goes, the PvE is mainly crafting focused, you are not killing a deer because. by golly, we need to kill a deer for exp, killing a dear is done so you can skin it, tan the hide and make armor, weapons, to fund the war efforts.

For the players that want a fun and engaging Realms vs Realms game, Crowfall fill the bill. You don't need a fancy UI, or play some inventory management game, or fuss about what color of thong your barbarian needs to wear.

I have not played in a while, but, this game is solid. It's fast, it's fun, it provides what it says it will provide, and that is an engaging Realms vs Realms combat style game, where you can feel like your efforts matter. You can play in small groups, you can go run with zergs, you can run tag teams harvesting materials for your guild, in high risk regions to ensure that your team has the best gear from the start.

This is also the point of the seasons, which affect the crafting/building/PvE aspect of the game.

The best resources happen at the start (Spring), so at the start of the game where everyone does not have their gear established yet, is the time when the most hardcore harvesting needs to be done. Get the materials. This builds a derby kind of rush feeling to the game for the harvesters and guilds to get their materials ready for the starting war.

Summer is when Crafting gets it boon, so this is when all the gear gets made, and everyone now is vying for getting the best gear they can afford/build. Material harvesting ticks down, not as good as Spring, but still, high time to keep up the gathering and building. High Conflict time, as now you the other side trying harder to target the harvesters, because, now they have the better gear to drop them, so, harvesting, while not as breakneck or profitable as it was in Spring, is higher risk.

Fall. Harvesting declines. Almost not worth it to harvest at this point, all harvesting at this point is just to build bulk materials, might still have some good luck if you have a tandem team for mother loads, but overall, now is time to sharpen the axes and get to the war efforts yourself.

In the Grim Darkness of the Winter: There is only war.
    KumaponKyleranKidRisk[Deleted User]CryomatrixTwistedSister77
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:

For the players that want a fun and engaging Realms vs Realms game, Crowfall fill the bill. You don't need a fancy UI, or play some inventory management game, or fuss about what color of thong your barbarian needs to wear.

I have not played in a while, but, this game is solid. It's fast, it's fun, it provides what it says it will provide, and that is an engaging Realms vs Realms combat style game, where you can feel like your efforts matter. 

Why do you keep saying this? In what way is CF a good RvR game? Is it because you mainly play pve games so have no clue what RvR is?
    Slapshot1188
    YashaX said:
    Ungood said:

I have not played in a while, but, this game is solid. It's fast, it's fun, it provides what it says it will provide, and that is an engaging Realms vs Realms combat style game, where you can feel like your efforts matter. 

Why do you keep saying this? In what way is CF a good RvR game? Is it because you mainly play pve games so have no clue what RvR is?
    I say this.. because that is what it is.

And.. as someone that got on on early access for Crowfall, I obviously play PvP/RvR games.
    Kyleran
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I did a little research and PUBG began in 2017 and Crowfall ended it's Kickstarter in 2015 so they began before the BR idea.

I mention this because i bet at some point Artcraft wished they had of just built a faster cheaper BR game and jumped on that money train.

What they went for was a fake rpg trying to be a BR.They wasted a lot of time trying to be a rpg and ended up with no real identity just some castle plot idea and some pvp ideas.
    Esports is driving the games industry and it allows really cheap games to flourish and mkae loads of money but THIS game is not falling into any real Esport category so it is just a ....game with.....some servers.

What is next will be the interesting part,what will be their next gimmick to try and create revenue,i guess we will find out in a years time or sooner.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Ungood said:
    YashaX said:
    Ungood said:

And.. as someone that got on on early access for Crowfall, I obviously play PvP/RvR games.
    What are your reasons for thinking this is a good rvr game?
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Ungood said:
    YashaX said:
    Ungood said:

They don't seem to even be launching with an actual RvR (faction) mode. God's Reach is tutorial world and training wheel RvR without any point.

For those that want to GvG and zerg a scoreboard in a battleground, this is the game for them. Anyone that wants a competitive game where skill and strategy rule, this isn't that game. 
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    I think the biggest problem with Crowfall is there is no incentive to PVP, even though it touts itself as a PVP game. I mean you go around and group up to gank players, but other than that, it's all kinda pointless. 

That is why the game struggles, as there are no systems in place to promote healthy and fun pvp. 
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
    YashaX said:
    Ungood said:
    YashaX said:
    Ungood said:

Your negativity is noted.

But ideally, it is a solid RvR game, because it is set up in a way where gameplay of Realms vs Realms is at the forefront.

There are many factors that make a good realms vs realms game, with Crowfall, a key point, is that is built from the ground up to be about the Realms vs Realms, which is not to be confused with faction based PvP for people that do not know the difference, that is on you.

But Crowfall is not some PvE game with some PvP, nor is it a PvP game with some PvP element, it is a game that all aspects of the game, from Harvesting, Crafting, all parts of the game, fuel one single goal, to engage in a realms war. 

There is no illusion that this is the goal, as such there is no distractions, no side quests, if you go into Crowfall with some agenda other than to be a part of a Realms War, this will not be the game for you.

The combat is solid, the races and classes are solid, I like the art style (Might not be for everyone), the crafting is well done, and there is a lot of advantages to working as a team.

This is not going to be the game to go at it alone, and for the people that want to be the lone wolf, or whatever, that is not what a Realms War game is about, nor is it what is promoted, so it won't be advantageous to you to play with that mindset.

You go in, pick a side, get with the other players, work together, and win. Some people call that a Zerg Fest, but anyone that does not plan to play a safety in numbers game, in what is designed to be a wargame, is not someone who should be bragging about their tactical abilities.

This is a wargame, you are not the chosen one, you are not the hero of the people, you are not special, are a cog in what is a simulation of the industrial war complex on an engaging and small scale.

For everyone that wanted to be "Just someone" in an MMO, and cried about how campy being the chosen one was, this might be the game for you, you are not chosen, you are a bloodbag and arrow stopper, welcome to it.
    KyleranKidRisk[Deleted User]mcrippins

Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    YashaX said:
    Ungood said:

They don't seem to even be launching with an actual RvR (faction) mode. God's Reach is tutorial world and training wheel RvR without any point.

For those that want to GvG and zerg a scoreboard in a battleground, this is the game for them. Anyone that wants a competitive game where skill and strategy rule, this isn't that game. 
    Not sure what you mean by Strategy, but if you go into a wargame, and your goal is not to work with other people, methinks your strategy needs a lot of work. You strike me as what one of my Statics would call someone that uses "Tack Tics".
    Kyleran

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Skill and strategy together are fine for team sports, but when it comes to warfare adding some serious numbers to the mix has usually been a winning strategy.

Ungoodmcrippins

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Ungood said:
    YashaX said:
    Ungood said:
    YashaX said:
    Ungood said:

But ideally, it is a solid RvR game, because it is set up in a way where gameplay of Realms vs Realms is at the forefront.

There are many factors that make a good realms vs realms game, with Crowfall, a key point, is that is built from the ground up to be about the Realms vs Realms, which is not to be confused with faction based PvP for people that do not know the difference, that is on you.

But Crowfall is not some PvE game with some PvP, nor is it a PvP game with some PvP element, it is a game that all aspects of the game, from Harvesting, Crafting, all parts of the game, fuel one single goal, to engage in a realms war. 

There is no illusion that this is the goal, as such there is no distractions, no side quests, if you go into Crowfall with some agenda other than to be a part of a Realms War, this will not be the game for you.

The combat is solid, the races and classes are solid, I like the art style (Might not be for everyone), the crafting is well done, and there is a lot of advantages to working as a team.

This is not going to be the game to go at it alone, and for the people that want to be the lone wolf, or whatever, that is not what a Realms War game is about, nor is it what is promoted, so it won't be advantageous to you to play with that mindset.

You go in, pick a side, get with the other players, work together, and win. Some people call that a Zerg Fest, but anyone that does not plan to play a safety in numbers game, in what is designed to be a wargame, is not someone who should be bragging about their tactical abilities.

This is a wargame, you are not the chosen one, you are not the hero of the people, you are not special, are a cog in what is a simulation of the industrial war complex on an engaging and small scale.

For everyone that wanted to be "Just someone" in an MMO, and cried about how campy being the chosen one was, this might be the game for you, you are not chosen, you are a bloodbag and arrow stopper, welcome to it.

Amazingly you wrote all those words without including one substantial reason why CF is a good RvR game. 

For starters, like @Allein says, apparently it is not even launching with a RvR mode - its just the GvG mode and the training area. The RvR mode I saw tested in the beta had no features that would have made it a good RvR game. 

If you feel I am being negative its just that it pisses me off that you keep posting this total bs about the game. It has some interesting features, but RvR is not one of them. 

I would still like to know what you think makes a good RvR game, but it seems you are incapable of doing much beyond spewing near meaningless catch phrases and platitudes, on this topic at least.  

Kyleran
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited June 2021
    Allein said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Im really interested in what the testers have to say. Im dying for a PvP MMO. I'm not impelled by their non persistent world. But it could be the thing I never knew I wanted.

Anyone know a good streamer for this game? 
    There's never been an NDA so you can read the forums, videos, twitch streams. Plenty to look at.

Anyone that believes it is ready to launch would be in a very small minority.

Nothing stands out about the game and they've done little to make it a pvp mmo. Basically campaigns are long term battlegrounds that have a time limit with the top guild score winning. Get points and rewards for owning a castle or doing certain guild wide quests over time. Zergs are rewarded without any anti-zerg mechanics, that's if the server can handle their 100v100 planned numbers. Bright side is players can hop from server to server and campaigns end so players get to start all over like a battleground, just takes weeks/months instead of minutes.

Combat brings nothing new besides pretending it is high skill because there is no tab but it's easier to play then WoW. PVE is terrible. Worlds are randomly generated but look mostly the same until they start making more biomes, so boring for now. Crafting was supposed to be a selling point but needs work. Non customizeable UI, can't even move things around. No individual achievements or rewards for PVP. Progression is typical gear color grind. No economy tools. Eternal Kingdoms, player housing, still far from what was planned.

Overall it's okay for a kickstarter MMO, but someone looking for PVP or PVE would be better off in a long list of others that have years of content.

Only a couple hundred total play even when they give out thousands of beta invites and something like 50k or more have bought the game over time. Speaks volumes.
    Everyone here who thought this was an insightful post... the last paragraph is a full blatant lie... straight up.  Crowfall had open beta last summer and had to open more servers... thousands and thousands logged  they had to extend  time to people.  

I'm not saying to buy the game or not, but that poster is pure BS.  

Now, I didn't even start on the "review" part of the nonsense of the post. 

My policy on games... don't preorder, let the game bake post launch...  so that's where I stand.

I've only given 3 or so WTFs in this forums... he gets one :'(
    [Deleted User]KyleranlaxieUngoodTokkenblackfire93
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited June 2021
    I learned in Philosophy 101 it's an ad hominem (attack the person vs the argument they are making).  That's a foul...

However, pointing out their bias... not so sure when trying to sucker people into a review.

Allein here on our forums is a skeptic/doubter/ hater of Crowfall... look at his post history. 

(psst...  he never claimed to play). :D

Here's a snippet from a thread on Crowfall:  (read the thread... Nov 2019).  Please remember, there was open beta last summer... didn't post once as I recall or see.  

Allein: 2019
    "I don't see much point in owning it. Doesn't change anything. Game will release when it does and will be whatever it ends up being. Those that have been following and remember what has happened are aware, but doesn't seem like many really care if they missed dates or are years or minutes behind. For me, if this next update doesn't impress, I doubt the game will have much of a future. Too much competition for a mediocre game. "

Forum Thread... was  a news article on Crowfall-- Changes

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/485482/crowfall-ch-ch-ch-changes/p1

Post edited by TwistedSister77 on
    Ungood
  • Kazule1Kazule1 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I've played for about a year.  I would recommend watching Dilbo Dabbgins streams for any information.  He streams pretty much every day from 5pm est.  The thing about Crowfall is that the players have to make their own content to an extent.  The game will loosely guide you towards it, but mostly its up to the players, and that is why it is almost mandatory to join a guild.  

The E sports/battlegrounds comments are a little misleading.  The devs never really wanted to that mode, they did it because the player base requested a arena system.  The devs recently said in a stream that hunger dome, the bg mode, will only be available a few times a month.

Combat is interesting.  There is a ton of powers and skills.  I say interesting because the views on combat in Crowfall vary greatly.  Some people think its great and has a high skill ceiling some say it is floaty and low skill ceiling.  I enjoy it, but i'm in no way a high skill player with fast reflexes. 

Where Crowfall shines is in the smaller scale fights.  Tactics, skill, and communication really come into play.  I believe that is why the players wanted an arena system so badly because it was difficult to find fights in off siege hours, due to low population and because the group fights were some of the most fun you can find in the game. 

Large scale pvp could be amazing.  Currently it is fun, but performance holds it back.  Once you get into the 30 V 30 and up type battles, fps dips quite a bit.  I will average between 15-30 fps in large scale battles.  Its playable but not ideal.  They have made great strides in the performance area the last few patches though and it remains a top priority.

The best tip anyone could give a new player in Crowfall is to find A guild asap.  The learning curve is quite steep and there is a lot of systems in Crowfall and they do a poor job of explaining and guiding new players.  Although they are improving their new player experience and it just had a new update that I have yet to try, so can't comment on it.

Overall, Crowfall is very engaging once you're in A good guild and it kept me logging in day after day to craft weapons for my guild, take part in sieging other guilds and defending keeps, also harvesting resources is surprisingly enjoyable and relaxing when people aren't trying to gank you.

PROS:
    - Large scale pvp potential with political intrigue.
    - Player run economy
    - Large amount of character build options
    - Crafting is rewarding albeit a little tedious
    - Fast leveling

CONS:
    - Performance in large scale
    - Not new player friendly
    - PvE is lackluster
    - Content is mostly dependent on player population
    Kyleranmcrippins[Deleted User]UngoodShaigh
    edited June 2021
    I learned in Philosophy 101 it's an ad hominem (attack the person vs the argument they are making).  That's a foul...

However, pointing out their bias... not so sure when trying to sucker people into a review.

Allein here on our forums is a skeptic/doubter/ hater of Crowfall... look at his post history. 

(psst...  he never claimed to play). :D

Here's a snippet from a thread on Crowfall:  (read the thread... Nov 2019).  Please remember, there was open beta last summer... didn't post once as I recall or see.  

Allein: 2019
    "I don't see much point in owning it. Doesn't change anything. Game will release when it does and will be whatever it ends up being. Those that have been following and remember what has happened are aware, but doesn't seem like many really care if they missed dates or are years or minutes behind. For me, if this next update doesn't impress, I doubt the game will have much of a future. Too much competition for a mediocre game. "

Forum Thread... was  a news article on Crowfall-- Changes

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/485482/crowfall-ch-ch-ch-changes/p1

So far you've largely ignored addressing most of his points, resorting to calling him a liar with regards to player numbers which my guess neither of you are in a position to confirm.

Why should his bias matter, are the points he raised valid or not?  I'm not one to dismiss opinions because someone labels them a "hater" as I often appreciate a less wide eyed viewpoint.

Are there any anti-zerg mechanics? Can it handle 100 vs 100 battles with no lag? How's the PVE? Is it lacking in biomes? How about the locked UI claim, true or not?

Is it missing individual PVP achievements, economy tools, anything else which might have been promised which isn't there yet at release?

My "Insightful" rating will stand for now.
    mcrippinsUngoodGdemami

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kazule1 said:
    I've played for about a year.  I would recommend watching Dilbo Dabbgins streams for any information.  He streams pretty much every day from 5pm est.  The thing about Crowfall is that the players have to make their own content to an extent.  The game will loosely guide you towards it, but mostly its up to the players, and that is why it is almost mandatory to join a guild.  

The E sports/battlegrounds comments are a little misleading.  The devs never really wanted to that mode, they did it because the player base requested a arena system.  The devs recently said in a stream that hunger dome, the bg mode, will only be available a few times a month.

Combat is interesting.  There is a ton of powers and skills.  I say interesting because the views on combat in Crowfall vary greatly.  Some people think its great and has a high skill ceiling some say it is floaty and low skill ceiling.  I enjoy it, but i'm in no way a high skill player with fast reflexes. 

Where Crowfall shines is in the smaller scale fights.  Tactics, skill, and communication really come into play.  I believe that is why the players wanted an arena system so badly because it was difficult to find fights in off siege hours, due to low population and because the group fights were some of the most fun you can find in the game. 

Large scale pvp could be amazing.  Currently it is fun, but performance holds it back.  Once you get into the 30 V 30 and up type battles, fps dips quite a bit.  I will average between 15-30 fps in large scale battles.  Its playable but not ideal.  They have made great strides in the performance area the last few patches though and it remains a top priority.

The best tip anyone could give a new player in Crowfall is to find A guild asap.  The learning curve is quite steep and there is a lot of systems in Crowfall and they do a poor job of explaining and guiding new players.  Although they are improving their new player experience and it just had a new update that I have yet to try, so can't comment on it.

Overall, Crowfall is very engaging once you're in A good guild and it kept me logging in day after day to craft weapons for my guild, take part in sieging other guilds and defending keeps, also harvesting resources is surprisingly enjoyable and relaxing when people aren't trying to gank you.

PROS:
    - Large scale pvp potential with political intrigue.
    - Player run economy
    - Large amount of character build options
    - Crafting is rewarding albeit a little tedious
    - Fast leveling

CONS:
    - Performance in large scale
    - Not new player friendly
    - PvE is lackluster
    - Content is mostly dependent on player population
    Thank you for writing this, great information which well earns an Insightful rating.

Cheers.
    [Deleted User]Ungood

edited June 2021
    What would be really impressive is 5000 players in the same game world.

What is this now, a Star Citizen thread where we are supposed to be impressed by how many people are watching a video game?

Weird

Nildenlaxie[Deleted User]

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Mars_OMG said:
    Nilden said:

Crowfall - Eternal Champions Series $50,000 Tournament - FINAL EVENT

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1040525241

5k views

The video speaks for itself.
    5000 is nothing to sneeze at with this type of player driven game. 
    Could have just stopped at 5000 is nothing.

There was another video with 296k qualifier 6 I think. Considering this was the final, meh not that great.

Also agree that the number of players being 5k would have been way more impressive. I would have liked to see it launch on steam to see if it even breaks 1000 concurrent players.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

YashaX said:
    Ungood said:

Amazingly you wrote all those words without including one substantial reason why CF is a good RvR game. 

For starters, like @Allein says, apparently it is not even launching with a RvR mode - its just the GvG mode and the training area. The RvR mode I saw tested in the beta had no features that would have made it a good RvR game. 

If you feel I am being negative its just that it pisses me off that you keep posting this total bs about the game. It has some interesting features, but RvR is not one of them. 

I would still like to know what you think makes a good RvR game, but it seems you are incapable of doing much beyond spewing near meaningless catch phrases and platitudes, on this topic at least.  

I see, my fault was perhaps I didn't use bullet-points and generic soundbites. 

Lets try again:

• All Aspects of the game are RvR focused.
    Ok, lets go over this one. Unlike other games that might have RvR/WvW  Server vs Server style battles, where that style of PvP is a just a single game mode to what is the whole of the game. The Whole of the Game for Crowfall is RvR. Now simply put this is what makes it a good RvR game.

If by some grace someone who hears this, does not realize how this makes for a better, or even ideal RvR game, well, I am not sure what to tell you.

But the whole game being about RvR, is a Gold Star for it being a Good RvR Game.

• It builds meaningful conflict

Ok this one can be a bit hard to grasp, as everyone seems to ask for Meanigful conflict, but, in the end, no one really knows what this means. It's like this pointless soundbite that people toss out, often to hide the ass beating they just took and can't figure out how to get even. But to appreciate the conflict having merit, you would need to be someone that enjoys RvR, not just PvP. The conflict of the game is not simply violence's for the sake it or to get some exp and loot, like most other PvP games. It drives the whole economy, I explained the whole seasons thing, and this builds a conflict for both the PvP and PvE focused players, where the early harvesting derby drives players into conflict to gather the best resources to move their server/side forward. Failure to achieve this, can cause a direct for the whole server. So that early derby style harvesting, with conflict over the resources, make all the systems matter and work together. Players that want to craft/Harvest team with more combat gifted players, to ensure their side/guild/team gets the best provisions.

Ergo, meaningful conflict, meaningful crafting, meaningful PvP and PvE in the same setting.

IMHO, this a solid Gold Star for being a great set up for RvR.

• It has Siege Warfare.
    • Capturing Key points, like towers, cities, bonfires, etc.

This is kinda of generic stuff that exists in most RvR games, but still fun as all hell to get into.

Expected in RvR game.

• Simplicity in Graphics.

Might be a bit more nuanced like on my part, but Crowfall does not bombard you with people running around with outfits that are glowing brighter than the sun with a million animations around them, and their greatsword looking like a parade of butterflies leaving you guessing what they are really wearing or using. The graphics are simple, easy to process for both my computer and my brain, with a very WYSIWYG style gameplay.

YMMV on that one, but for me, that makes for Good RvR.

• Combat:

It has Target Assist Combat. This is godsend in large battels, where I just need to be "Kinda close" to hit someone, and not miss because I am a micron off to the left.  Maybe some caffeinated energy drink gaming fanatic lives for that action combat, I am not a fan. So Crowfall combat using target assist, is really spot on for the ease and fun factor.

Ok lets get into

• Crying about Zergs.

Ok, well for starters, every RvR game is a zerg game. Any game that is RvR that is not zerg, is so low pop that it does not have enough players to Zerg, or is so unoptimized it can't process a zerg.

Neither of those would be called good points for a RvR game. Even faction war games like DAOC, were Zerg Fests. So saying "OMG ZERGS" is the rantings of someone that has never played any kind of realms vs realms game, because if you can't get enough people together to make what would be a zerg, you game is either dead, shoddy, or not RvR. That is just a fact of the gamemode.

So.. what do think is missing?
    Kyleran[Deleted User]