Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Beta Test Giveaway! | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageCrowfall Beta Test Giveaway! | MMORPG.com

ArtCraft Entertainment has partnered with MMORPG.com to give away codes for the ongoing Crowfall beta test ahead of the July 6th launch. Get your code here!

Read the full story here

Comments

• actionthunderactionthunder Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Player-driven economy Gold seller's game. It will be dead in 2 years 1st they will drive the price of every thing up. So they can go o look you get x amount of gold for $12.00
    DekahnHeruvimEdrani
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    It says on-going beta. Anyone been playing with thoughts?
  • Cheecher2Cheecher2 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    too late
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    edited June 2021
    Albatroes said:
    It says on-going beta. Anyone been playing with thoughts?
    The things I see as pros:
    The core ideas are really cool. And they have interesting people on the project. I love the fact that you have your own 'home kingdom' and then transient worlds, with the aim of achieving campaign milestones and exporting stuff back into your permanent homeland.

It also has a lot of nice crafting features, expanding on Ultima Online / Star Wars Galaxies. Items take on properties from their ingredients and you have slight variations of items.

The other interesting idea is rule sets. You have different 'servers' with very different goals and rules. It's supposed to mimic traditional DnD / RPG games, where players would pick rule variations that fit their risk/reward profile. Consequently, it should in theory support a variety of group sizes.

It used to have a hybrid passive experience system (similar to EVE). Not sure if they retained it, I checked the progression 2 years ago. This meant you can passively progress and then actively capitalise on your stored experience once you do play.

The things I see as cons:
    I last played around 6-ish months ago. It was very rough around the edges. The animations were abysmal, the movement/combat didn't feel right. The movement felt very independent from your attacks, which never feels great in an action combat game.

The graphics have gone through many improvement iterations, but still aren't anything to be super excited about. It's not stylised enough to blow you away artistically, and not high-end enough to blow you away with detail.

2 years ago, they were selling subscriptions that would essentially let you gather passive experience at a faster rate across multiple characters. Not sure if this was retained, as there was quite a lot of negative feedback.

There was a serious lack of PvE 1-2 years ago. Not sure whether that's changed. The argument always was that it's a PvP game, and literally the only reason for a PvE mob was to be equivalent to a metal ore node (as a more or less static, dumb source of meat/bone). Even in PvP games, I find them more fun if you have PvE objectives to do on the side (unless it's a straight up arena game).

Even though it isn't quite Star Citizen levels of micro transactions, they were selling plots/houses for your home kingdom that were in the $100 - $1000 range. As far as I understand, the home kingdoms are instanced, so it's not as terrible as Shroud of the Avatar (where you had to pay hundreds to own a plot in a shared space), but I'm not at all sure how they ended up balancing this. I'm always concerned payment models like this lead to it taking unreasonable timeframes to achieve anything exciting in game.
    AlbatroesDoctorhooangerbeaverValdheimHeruvimSailorMom
  • iicecubeiicecube Member UncommonPosts: 53
    The beta key is running kind a slow compare to some other "giveaway" titles..
    enesisxlr8sakerTiller
  • zya4254zya4254 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited June 2021
    Sounds like a rubbish game, test for years and years, the thumbnails is very low. Hope this game shut down soon ,. too many test but no real version.
  • zya4254zya4254 Member UncommonPosts: 11

zya4254 said:

Sounds like a rubbish game, test for years and years, the thumbnails is very low. Hope this game shut down soon ,. too many test but no real version.

same as ashes of creation, star citizen, all player funding games, just like a harvester in a plant field , harvest player's money happily and quickly , all they want is money , money and money
    Dekahn
  • goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301

zya4254 said:

zya4254 said:

same as ashes of creation, star citizen, all player funding games, just like a harvester in a plant field , harvest player's money happily and quickly , all they want is money , money and money

Except you're wrong, maybe buy a clue or read next time? Ashes of creation doesn't force you to buy anything. The game will have no box price only monthly sub, there is no Pay to win at all, only monthly cosmetics. Nice try though
    Dekahnkikoodutroa8
  • DekahnDekahn Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Will end up with a niche audience and be another leaf blowing in the wind.
  • DragonofShadowsDragonofShadows Member UncommonPosts: 4

zya4254 said:

You do realize that they did just announce yesterday that the game is releasing on July 6th right?
    [Deleted User]
  • SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    second try i for me on this game... but damn..

its all very basic stuff... combat is very bad. feels so glunky for a game that calls themselves pvp simulator...

ill get past the 5 years old theme cartoon stylish visuals.. if they would have done something right... but combat makes or breaks a game for me... and crowfall aint delivering on this front.

suggest you try out tho... personal view... and plenty of keys here.

just wanted to add that Crowfall is a crowdfunded game... through kickerstarter and pledges... and ashes is selffunded for the biggest part.

my only hope is ashes... i said this many times already before this post...

crowfall will be another wildstar flop..
    laxie
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    edited June 2021
    Snoepie said:
    just wanted to add that Crowfall is a crowdfunded game... through kickerstarter and pledges... and ashes is selffunded for the biggest part.
    Crowfall is private investment funded for the most part. What's not immediately obvious for most of these larger Kickstarter projects (with big name people on them) is that the Kickstarter money only really covers a few months of development. They are raising many times more in other routes to deliver the game.

Even for something like Crowfall, with a relatively small team, the Kickstarter money must be less than 10% of the budget.

Edit: I should add, the key reason for doing a Kickstarter in that case is to demonstrate market traction. You can go to an investor and say "customers gave us $1.5M and there's not even a product out yet". You can then ask for a $5M investment from an investor. And then later go to a third investor and ask for $25M, on the basis you got 1.5M from people + 5M from an investor. Very simplified and many caveats apply, but that's the true value of a Kickstarter in this case.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Snoepie said:

my only hope is ashes... i said this many times already before this post...

crowfall will be another wildstar flop..
    Well, we know that Stephen has SAID that he could put in as much as $30M to the game.  But do you know how much he HAS put in?  Do you know how much money was raised from sales?  Do you know how much he got (millions) from the US Gov as Pandemic relief?

Without those figures you actually do not know how "self-funded" ashes is...
    They may have raised more from Crowdfunding than Crowfall did...
    laxie

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited June 2021
    There are 924 keys as of now... why not try it for free?

But yes, my suggestion... get in a guild for true fun.  This is NOT a lone wolf game.  And this is a PvP game.  Go to the website to understand how to join a guild.

If you like deep pve...  just pass.  
    Ungood
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    This game has been in development hell for years. I have never been more confused on a game and its concept than this one.
    saker

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

But yes, my suggestion... get in a guild for true fun.  This is NOT a lone wolf game.  And this is a PvP game.  Go to the website to understand how to join a guild.

Did they put ingame guild management into the game yet?  Last I checked you had to do it on the website which was a real pain in the ass, but it's been awhile so maybe they enhanced in game?

Mensur

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512

Did they put ingame guild management into the game yet?  Last I checked you had to do it on the website which was a real pain in the ass, but it's been awhile so maybe they enhanced in game?

Thanks I passed- I got CD-Key if the homepage runs out.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• _ap0c__ap0c_ Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I'll try it out; all these comments made me curious.
    Z
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    The classes listed on their site don't seem very interesting to me, I don't see anything listed that seems at-all exciting,
  • EdraniEdrani Member CommonPosts: 2

Player-driven economy Gold seller's game. It will be dead in 2 years 1st they will drive the price of every thing up. So they can go o look you get x amount of gold for $12.00

Easy way to make money with your gold. Will be the same as with archeage, play it, have fun, gear your character and farm materials, get stuff like event mounts etc and then sell your account. Easy way to make like 1 or 2 thousands euro/dollar
  • EdraniEdrani Member CommonPosts: 2

Mars_OMG said:

Nyctelios said:

Gameplay loop is fun, but the game needs some polish.

I don't think its ready to launch.

I feel like the game is very polished, the frame rate was pretty good for me ..

Everything under 90 fps is not "good". Idk what you mean by "good" but ive seen so many people saying they framerates are "good" when they are running around with like 40 fps. Sword of Legends Online was the perfect exemple for that
    chaosmonger
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Edrani said:

Mars_OMG said:

Nyctelios said:

Gameplay loop is fun, but the game needs some polish.

I don't think its ready to launch.

I feel like the game is very polished, the frame rate was pretty good for me ..

Everything under 90 fps is not "good". Idk what you mean by "good" but ive seen so many people saying they framerates are "good" when they are running around with like 40 fps. Sword of Legends Online was the perfect exemple for that
    Welcome to the forums! :)
  • wozzerdeanwozzerdean Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I expect 200 to be playing after a month after release, No joke utter trash and that is being nice.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Almost 600 keys left after 4 days?
    Scot[Deleted User]
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    xpsync said:
    Almost 600 keys left after 4 days?
    They advertised free keys on other more popular sites, like Massively...  this sites pvp community is small compared to PVE focused.
    [Deleted User]