Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CrowFall to Officially Launch July 6

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
edited June 2021 in Crowfall
This is stunning news. ArtCraft has announced that Crowfall will launch on July 6th. I wish them the best, they are going to need it. 

https://crowfall.com/en-US/news/articles/Crowfall-Shipping
[Deleted User]YashaXUngood

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Well.. stunning from a certain perspective.  Long over due from others...

I agree though, with their recent hard pivot to Esports they are going to need a lot of help/luck.

Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    It is good that one of these games is finally shipping.  This one isn't a game that I'm attracted to, but a launch date is positive news.  Maybe this will start a trend.  It's long past boring watching these development teams struggle with the basics.  Amusing, at times, but mostly boring.

ScotKyleranYashaXUngoodmgilbrtsnmeddyck

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

tzervo said:
    Awesome news. Thanks for the update. This is one of the games I am very interested in. Now that we have a release date I can do some research on its current state and see if I will buy it. Congrats to the dev team for taking it to the finishing line.
    MOP has a free code to try prior to launch:  

MOPCROWCODE

[Deleted User]KyleranNanfoodle

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    While not interested in playing,  I am following it in terms of indie MMO success and its nice to check one off of the pending launch column, win or lose.
    [Deleted User]NanfoodleMendelUngood

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Im really interested in what the testers have to say. Im dying for a PvP MMO. I'm not impelled by their non persistent world. But it could be the thing I never knew I wanted.

Anyone know a good streamer for this game? 
    B2P, Sub, P2W? Have not been following this closely. 
    tzervo said:
    Awesome news. Thanks for the update. This is one of the games I am very interested in. Now that we have a release date I can do some research on its current state and see if I will buy it. Congrats to the dev team for taking it to the finishing line.
    MOP has a free code to try prior to launch:  

MOPCROWCODE

Ty, wife and I signed up
    KyleranYashaX
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Kyleran said:
    While not interested in playing,  I am following it in terms of indie MMO success and its nice to check one off of the pending launch column, win or lose.

I miss the days when the difficult bits occurred after a product launched.   Will it sell?  Is the price right?  Will the customer like it?  How do we make sure the customer knows about our product?  Will it make money?

It's good the know this seemingly bassackward business model can occasionally find the finish line.  Goodness knows they seem to worry about the post-launch issues first.  I wonder how much that really hurts businesses?

Kyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

tzervo said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    B2P, Sub, P2W? Have not been following this closely. 
    Box + optional sub, with the sub giving quite a few significant advantages.
    Is it advantageous?  I have to go look.  Last I saw it was fairly “ehhh” for the VIP stuff.   Personally Id love to see the sub add value.  As long as they don’t nickel and dime me on top of a sub, it remains my preferred monetization form

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    whats the selling point of this game? can somebody give clear answer?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     After 1 year of testing different builds , This game managed to bore the snot out of me
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Tokken
    whats the selling point of this game? can somebody give clear answer?
    In THEORY its a "Throne War Simulation" where various factions fight for control of dying worlds.  Each world is being slowly destroyed and goes through seasons (Spring Summer Fall Winter) before dying.  The mobs become harder and the resources scarcer.  At the end, the winning faction (their are goals to work towards, not all are military) can export a larger (all?) of their resources to their Eternal Kingdom (instanced housing).  Losers can export less.  Theer are control points and keeps to fight over as well as mob spawns.

There are rulesets that go from 3 way faction to FFA Guild vs Guild stuff.

They recently made a HARD pivot in focus to Esports and added a 12 team (5 players per team) Battle Royale mode that they were pushing with a $50k prize.

TwistedSister77Kyleran[Deleted User]YashaX

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited June 2021
    Nanfoodle said:
    Im really interested in what the testers have to say. Im dying for a PvP MMO. I'm not impelled by their non persistent world. But it could be the thing I never knew I wanted.

I watch CohhCarnarge on twitch... he is very honest about games (even when sponsored) and responsive to comments in his channel (you don't have to subscribe to post) as he plays.

He said he was very interested trying this one, not sure if he'll try it at launch day (usually he does).  He's late 30s... been twitching for 8 years.. so has a great reputation, large and cool community, and mature/balanced viewpoint on games imo.  I enjoy his streams. :)

He also posts some of his vids on YouTube, but Twitch is the best experience.
    NanfoodleKyleran[Deleted User]YashaX
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I've waited years for Crowfall to release, played Alpha, Beta etc. But now, I don't know, I feel nothing at all. I am not even sure if I'll install it to finally properly play it. Weird how that works.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    laxieKyleranYashaXrojoArcueid
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    edited June 2021
    Nanfoodle said:

There's never been an NDA so you can read the forums, videos, twitch streams. Plenty to look at.

Anyone that believes it is ready to launch would be in a very small minority.

Nothing stands out about the game and they've done little to make it a pvp mmo. Basically campaigns are long term battlegrounds that have a time limit with the top guild score winning. Get points and rewards for owning a castle or doing certain guild wide quests over time. Zergs are rewarded without any anti-zerg mechanics, that's if the server can handle their 100v100 planned numbers. Bright side is players can hop from server to server and campaigns end so players get to start all over like a battleground, just takes weeks/months instead of minutes.

Combat brings nothing new besides pretending it is high skill because there is no tab but it's easier to play then WoW. PVE is terrible. Worlds are randomly generated but look mostly the same until they start making more biomes, so boring for now. Crafting was supposed to be a selling point but needs work. Non customizeable UI, can't even move things around. No individual achievements or rewards for PVP. Progression is typical gear color grind. No economy tools. Eternal Kingdoms, player housing, still far from what was planned.

Overall it's okay for a kickstarter MMO, but someone looking for PVP or PVE would be better off in a long list of others that have years of content.

Only a couple hundred total play even when they give out thousands of beta invites and something like 50k or more have bought the game over time. Speaks volumes.
    NanfoodlelaxieYashaXTwistedSister77Kyleran
    Reviews don't seem very enthusiastic. Maybe a pass? 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    it is not positive news unless yo ubeleive the delay meant a better game and lot's more content.
    What i suspect happened is they have not received anymore buyers,no more money so the next phase is an official launch to gain some interest.
    he might have even been pressured if the current heavy spenders feel the game is dead and needs an influx of players.
    IMO this launch will do VERY little to create enough cash flow to matter and they will need to rethink a new strategy.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Even though this is a half assed game just think that Riot and Epic and Steam and many others are making millions-billions doing NOTHING for the industry.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    lahnmir said:
    I've waited years for Crowfall to release, played Alpha, Beta etc. But now, I don't know, I feel nothing at all. I am not even sure if I'll install it to finally properly play it. Weird how that works.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    You're suffering from crowdfunded game information fatigue.

I like it best when I find out about a game that looks good and I can play it within a year or maybe two max.

With all the info that trickles out from crowdfunded games for 5 - 10 years before release, by the time it launches it feels like old news to me... like an old game.

Some might think that's weird but that info fatigue is real for me.
    Nanfoodle[Deleted User]YashaXmeddyck
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    That is a big reason I don't do early access, or play necessarily at launch even.

I'd rather play after games have had a chance to gel properly rather than risk burning out before they hit their prime.

SovrathYashaX

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    That is a big reason I don't do early access, or play necessarily at launch even.

I'd rather play after games have had a chance to gel properly rather than risk burning out before they hit their prime.

I feel the same as @lahnmir but in my case it's because they got further and further from what was initially pitched.  It started with the switch of engines (never a good thing) which resulted in a big change in the destructible environments, then the new engine struggles with massive fights, and now they pivoted to 5 man Esports...

I didnt get burned out by the game... I just felt less inclined to load it up because it kept getting further from what I was sold.

But I will likely give it a final look at launch with my group... Haven't played in months, so maybe something will suddenly click.
    Nanfoodle[Deleted User]Gdemami

Iselin said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    You're suffering from crowdfunded game information fatigue.

I like it best when I find out about a game that looks good and I can play it within a year or maybe two max.

With all the info that trickles out from crowdfunded games for 5 - 10 years before release, by the time it launches it feels like old news to me... like an old game.

Some might think that's weird but that info fatigue is real for me.
    Funny, for me its different. I had dreamed of being a game developer as a kid. I have followed some games that I have no interest in playing just because they have been so open about their process. I have also found watching inexperienced teams take on more then they didnt know they can handle and its been fun watching things unravel and to watch people freak out about it. Its like  soap opera for gamers lol  
    YashaX
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Is it going to release on steam?

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Nilden said:
    Is it going to release on steam?
    If its not I have a feeling it will at some point. Most of the reviews I have looked at, dont seem very positive. 
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited June 2021
    tzervo said:
    ... and now they pivoted to 5 man Esports...
    Do we know that this is the case and that it is not just a one-time event just to hype the launch?
    In Crowfall you don't stay on a particular server. You choose what realm you want. 

Currently the servers are :

The Dregs - Massive Throne War campaign with forts, keeps and castles                        that support 100v100 sieges. 

God’s Reach - Perpetual 3-faction RvR server.

The Hunger Dome - A 12-team, 60-player battle arena.

Eternal Kingdom - player-built worlds that offer guilds and monarchs the  ability to terraform the terrain and construct spawning cities and massive strongholds.

[Deleted User]Nanfoodle