Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wash your hands during beta SoLo and earn a panda mount

Comments

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Divide and conquer. 
    Tuor7
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    Cecropia said:
    Iselin said:
    Who to believe? Random internet guy or the CDC, WHO, etc?

I know! I'll go with the chief cheeto recommendations and just stock up on anti malaria drugs because the CDC and WHO are ignorant and corrupt liars but the cheeto and random internet guys are not.

Stick to games guys. You suck at everything else.

PS: Once upon a time I was a medical lab tech and yes, microbiology was part of my training. I worked in the Immunohematology department of the largest hospital in Vancouver for a few years. And yes, I wear masks.

You do you though, Karen.
    The CDC and WHO are compromised, this should be common knowledge at this point. They are bought and paid for by the CCP. These types of masks have no effective defense against any Virus, Ken.
    Yeah, China is abusing the West and America in many ways, a gold mine of enterprise waiting to happen, and the Chinese communists are using it, doling out wealth to those who cooperate with them. Google, the NBA, and many, many others. Sellouts. 
    IselinCecropiaChampieTuor7

Once upon a time....

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Cecropia said:
    Iselin said:

I know! I'll go with the chief cheeto recommendations and just stock up on anti malaria drugs because the CDC and WHO are ignorant and corrupt liars but the cheeto and random internet guys are not.

PS: Once upon a time I was a medical lab tech and yes, microbiology was part of my training. I worked in the Immunohematology department of the largest hospital in Vancouver for a few years. And yes, I wear masks.

The CDC and WHO are compromised, this should be common knowledge at this point. They are bought and paid for by the CCP. These types of masks have no effective defense against any Virus, Ken.

Well, that just flushed whatever credibility you had remaining.
    DibdabsCecropiaGdemamiIselinChampieTuor7
    Cecropia said:
    Iselin said:

Really? I would have thought that everyone knew about it by now. 
    I guess you have to break away from the liberal media trap. 
    CecropiaChampieTuor7

Once upon a time....

Cecropia said:
    Iselin said:

I'm not in any media trap. They are all too busy pushing an agenda from one side of the spectrum or the other to be impartial providers of information.
    GdemamiChampie
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Cecropia said:
    Iselin said:

Yes, one would think at this point even the slowest of the slow would understand what's going on. It's remarkable and scary how easily the masses are manipulated. 
    GdemamiChampieTuor7

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Then why weren't staff at the hospitals and clinics handling covid patients not dropping like flies from the get go? I think you are going on the assumption that we all exhale bone dry air. I believe the masks offer a measure of protection despite your comments.

Gdemami
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    A masks protection depends.  Surgical mask are more to protect others from you as they will not stop aerosolized viruses, but they will stop it when in droplet form.
    Jamar870 said:
    Then why weren't staff at the hospitals and clinics handling covid patients not dropping like flies from the get go? I think you are going on the assumption that we all exhale bone dry air. I believe the masks offer a measure of protection despite your comments.

They do nothing against viruses. Nothing. To protect against viruses you need much more than a fabric mask that is not designed in any way to protect against viruses. Also, during the peak of this nonsense, I had to have a procedure done at the second highest rated hospital in Canada. Aside from an elderly couple, the only people I saw were staff. The place was a ghost town. 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Cecropia said:
    Iselin said:

I'm not in any media trap. They are all too busy pushing an agenda from one side of the spectrum or the other to be impartial providers of information.
    Then how did the rest of us learn about it? 
    In my opinion, they all do push an agenda, that's true. But by getting around to a variety of sources you can get all the news, claims, truths and falsehoods, or whatever. 
    But you aren't left in the media trap of disinformation. 

In this particular case, the information is quite damning. 
    There are calls for investigations beyond what the WHO performed. 
    Even the mad scientist, Dr. Fauci the flip flopper and the guy who outsourced the research to China (of all places), called for an investigation now that the heat is turned up. No doubt to save his own sorry arse from the chopping block. 

Just do a search for any of the particulars (Fauci, Wuhan, "covid lab", whatever) and you'll find stories. Best to get several, they don't all tell the same details. There's a lot of info about it, the story runs from things in December of 2019 and on. 

Just for the record, I do believe that this virus is dangerous. It's just not what these god-moded "experts" say, because they are covering up for their huge mistakes.
    Meanwhile, the Lib politicians are in "never let a good crisis go to waste" mode. 

CecropiaTuor7

Once upon a time....

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited May 2021
    Jamar870 said:
    Then why weren't staff at the hospitals and clinics handling covid patients not dropping like flies from the get go?

...why would they? SARS-COV2 is no killer virus.

Vast majority of "infected" go with no symptoms at all, small minority have moderate symptoms and only like 3-5% have severe health problems - and those are mostly people with weakened immunity such as obese people, people with heart issues, diabestes or otherwise polymorbid, eldery population(ie. average death with covid is 79 years old). Stats will vary a bit from country to country depending how covid deaths are reported, healthcare system, population health, etc. but they are fairly consistent since the "outbreak" in Wuhan.

So while medical staff is not dropping like flies, their patiens do - ie. massive outbreak in northern Italy in spring 2020.

The only dangerous about the virus is mass hysteria and lack of immunity response due it's novelty. The virus itself is fairly mild and once it will inhabit with the population, it will be just regular virosis.

As far as masks go, it's simple - to date, there is no conclusive research sufficiently demonstrating effectiveness of masks against virus contration. There is NONE. Period.

You can cherry pick some studies about droplets, hamsters and what not but when it comes to actualy getting infected, multiple meta-analyses(mostly studies done on medical staff) proved over and over of lack of such evidence.

This is no new topic, this was researched for decades since healthcare-associated infections are serious problem and is estimated for about 2 millions cases and 100k deaths EVERY year just in USA.

Why do you think CDC and WHO did not recommend to wear mask for general public from the start? Because they knew there is no evidence they would be any help but they crumbled under political and media pressure like everyone else...throwing their spines along with science out of the window...

Such are times we live in...
    Cecropia[Deleted User]Iselin
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    The mask debate has been going on for 100 years. Nobody here is a expert. The tribal stuff is dumb. If the "other" side thought the opposite way you guys likely would too.

My view on mask is would you rather someone size or cough directly in your face with a mask on or mask off. Not even counting Covid. Mask may not help. They may help. Nobody is going around being a case study to test if you get infected by covid easier with mask or not.  So as a minimal measure mask aren't the end the world.
    Gdemami
    edited June 2021
    The mask debate has been going on for 100 years. Nobody here is a expert. The tribal stuff is dumb. If the "other" side thought the opposite way you guys likely would too.

My view on mask is would you rather someone size or cough directly in your face with a mask on or mask off. Not even counting Covid. Mask may not help. They may help. Nobody is going around being a case study to test if you get infected by covid easier with mask or not.  So as a minimal measure mask aren't the end the world.
    The masks have been tested for decades and it has already been concluded that they do not protect from any viruses. The viruses are simply too small. 

Many Doctors, Virologists, Epidemiologists etc. were trying to explain this on Twitter. One by one they were getting banned like overnight if they posted any facts that went counter to the narrative. If they posted information on why lockdowns were ineffective and a bad idea - banned. I was permanently banned for R/T some of them. 

The scum that run silicone valley are controlling free speech in a very frightening and effective way. There's some very wealthy and powerful people that are doing everything they can to stop the truth from coming out about what is really going. 

Post edited by Cecropia on
    GdemamiIselinAmarantharTuor7

edited June 2021
    And just like that...

Thanks to the Freedom of Information Act, we now all have access to an enormous amount of emails Dr. Fauci was sending to his colleagues earlier in the year. Here's a beauty from February 5th 2020:

"The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through the material". 

There is so much more it's insane. Congratulations folks, you've all been lied to for well over a year and you completely fell for it. 

This is only the beginning. Wake the hell up!
    Post edited by Cecropia on
    IselinTuor7

Cecropia said:
    Iselin said:

In my opinion, they all do push an agenda, that's true. But by getting around to a variety of sources you can get all the news, claims, truths and falsehoods, or whatever. 

Even the mad scientist, Dr. Fauci the flip flopper and the guy who outsourced the research to China (of all places), called for an investigation now that the heat is turned up. No doubt to save his own sorry arse from the chopping block. 

Just do a search for any of the particulars (Fauci, Wuhan, "covid lab", whatever) and you'll find stories. Best to get several, they don't all tell the same details. There's a lot of info about it, the story runs from things in December of 2019 and on. 

Just for the record, I do believe that this virus is dangerous. It's just not what these god-moded "experts" say, because they are covering up for their huge mistakes.
    Meanwhile, the Lib politicians are in "never let a good crisis go to waste" mode. 

I have no idea, seeing as I don't track your media access.

By getting around to a variety of sources you simply expose yourself to various agendas. They are no better collectively than they are separately. Instead of one source of misinformation you have many, each as biased as the next.

Yeah, I found plenty of stories. There is a lot of speculation posted about it, with a good amount of that laced with political agenda. Par for the course.

What would covering up for their mistakes have to do with the severity of the virus? What difference would it make if it does?

Either way, it's not going to resurrect those that died from it, nor will it heal those that survived but are now afflicted with chronic impairment.

Was that the result of a Danger A or Danger B event? Maybe if we lived in a fantasy world we could have a necromancer call forth the spirit of one of those who died and see if it gives a damn.

Anyway, your own political bias is on blatant display here, so I expect the media you track reflects that. That doesn't bode well for impartial discussion, so I don't see much point in carrying on.
    Cecropia said:
    And just like that...

Thanks to the Freedom of Information Act, we now all have access to an enormous amount of emails Dr. Fauci was sending to his colleagues earlier in the year. Here's a beauty from February 5th 2020:

"The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through the material". 

There is so much more it's insane. Congratulations folks, you've all been lied to for well over a year and you completely fell for it. 

That solitary remark taken out of context sure was convincing...

This is the kind of thing that prevents serious-minded people from taking you seriously.
    GdemamiCecropia
    Cecropia said:
    And just like that...

This is the kind of thing that prevents serious-minded people from taking you seriously.
    Out of context???

It's his own words and there is no room for interpretation. What does it take for you to open your eyes?

It is terrifying how easily manipulated a certain demographic of the population is.

edited June 2021
    Cecropia said:
    Iselin said:

I have no idea, seeing as I don't track your media access.

By getting around to a variety of sources you simply expose yourself to various agendas. They are no better collectively than they are separately. Instead of one source of misinformation you have many, each as biased as the next.

Yeah, I found plenty of stories. There is a lot of speculation posted about it, with a good amount of that laced with political agenda. Par for the course.

What would covering up for their mistakes have to do with the severity of the virus? What difference would it make if it does?

Either way, it's not going to resurrect those that died from it, nor will it heal those that survived but are now afflicted with chronic impairment.

Was that the result of a Danger A or Danger B event? Maybe if we lived in a fantasy world we could have a necromancer call forth the spirit of one of those who died and see if it gives a damn.

Anyway, your own political bias is on blatant display here, so I expect the media you track reflects that. That doesn't bode well for impartial discussion, so I don't see much point in carrying on.
    KnightFalz, what you have to do is take all of that info (and not all of it is based on political agendas) and look for verifiable items. Because like all things in life, you need to try to figure it out. 
    Then you check out those verifiable items, looking for truth. 

Fauci's e-mails, as Cecropia just pointed out, are a good source. 
    They have more than just what Cecropia related. 

Another thing to look for are the inconsistencies. Those are where the alarm bells go off (I see you know that). But once you have those alarms, you can keep your eye out for verifiable items that answer those alarms. 

In the end you can piece together the story, at least for as far as you can go. From there, it's more research looking for more items you can verify, i.e., more investigation. That's what's happening now.

It's obvious that this whole thing was handled very poorly. I'm not sure how much blame can be assessed. It was chaotic in the beginning, and that chaos had a tendency to hang around due to poor judgements and political agendas. 

I strongly suspect that we have seen the ultimate bad ending to a common problem, the "Peter Principle." 
    Where people are promoted for being good at something, often with a high degree of bureaucracy involved, until they reach a point where judgements are needed, where they fail miserably. 
    CecropiaTuor7

Once upon a time....

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited June 2021

...and yet, you take seriously people, supposedly believe the claim too, that masks reducing  amount/travel range of droplets as proof of masks protecting you against a virus, despite sound argument, or a fact I should say, that viruses are too small to be stopped by a mask.

Convincing you say...?
    CecropiaAmaranthar
    Cecropia said:
    Cecropia said:
    And just like that...

Out of context???

It's his own words and there is no room for interpretation. What does it take for you to open your eyes?

It is terrifying how easily manipulated a certain demographic of the population is.

Yes, out of context. As in, a person's own words can be taken out of context. In this case that is quite literally so, as it is being presented entirely without.

My eyes are open, and they see the same tired thing, day in and out. Bias, rather than impartiality. Spin, rather than fact. Selective revelation, rather than complete.

What's more terrifying is when the one calling the kettle black doesn't even realize he's the pot.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    How about they have an option to drink a magic potion (vaccine) that ups your resistance to the virus by orders of magnitude so you can then go back to normal and not wear a chin diaper forever?

Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Cecropia said:
    Cecropia said:
    And just like that...

Out of context???

Yes, out of context. As in, a person's own words can be taken out of context. In this case that is quite literally so, as it is being presented entirely without.

My eyes are open, and they see the same tired thing, day in and out. Bias, rather than impartiality. Spin, rather than fact. Selective revelation, rather than complete.

What's more terrifying is when the one calling the kettle black doesn't even realize he's the pot.
    There is no spin, he literally said the masks don't work for Covid 19 and that it is too small to be stopped by them. 

It would appear that you've been deeply indoctrinated to the point that nothing will ever wake you up. It's as if you can't accept that all of this has been a huge lie. 

Cecropia said:
    Cecropia said:
    Cecropia said:
    And just like that...

Out of context???

There is no spin, he literally said the masks don't work for Covid 19 and that it is too small to be stopped by them. 

It would appear that you've been deeply indoctrinated to the point that nothing will ever wake you up. It's as if you can't accept that all of this has been a huge lie. 

It depends on how the virus is spread. If it's airborne then yeah. If it's spread through droplets and surfaces then it can help some. I think at some point that your just covering all the bases in situation we don't know the answers.

Early on there were situation where people with mask were the only ones who didn't get sick. Does that help.

Outside of Covid most people I know haven't been sick in over year.  Maybe it's just healthy practice in general.  Places in Asia people have been wearing them for a long time.
    Gdemami
    Cecropia said:
    Cecropia said:
    Cecropia said:
    And just like that...

Out of context???

It depends on how the virus is spread. If it's airborne then yeah. If it's spread through droplets and surfaces then it can help some. I think at some point that your just covering all the bases in situation we don't know the answers.

Early on there were situation where people with mask were the only ones who didn't get sick. Does that help.

Outside of Covid most people I know haven't been sick in over year.  Maybe it's just healthy practice in general.  Places in Asia people have been wearing them for a long time.
    When you cover your airway for prolonged periods of time your body is no longer in a state of Homeostasis. When this happens your immune system is compromised. Considering these masks do not protect against viruses, this is just a bad idea.

Also, a little common sense here, if the masks and lockdowns actually worked all of this would have been over a long time ago. 
    IselinGdemamiTuor7

Cecropia said:
    Cecropia said:
    Cecropia said:
    Cecropia said:
    And just like that...

Out of context???

When you cover your airway for prolonged periods of time your body is no longer in a state of Homeostasis. When this happens your immune system is compromised. Considering these masks do not protect against viruses, this is just a bad idea.

Also, a little common sense here, if the masks and lockdowns actually worked all of this would have been over a long time ago. 
    Apparently, you don't have social media with all the people whining, crying and breaking rules for "Freedom." So yeah,, we also have ridiculous numbers compared to most of the world. 

If immune systems are compromised why are so many illnesses free? I for one am ready to ditch mask. Tired of them. Just not naive enough that I know people really don't know the answers and both sides have political agendas. Confirmation bias is real.  
    Gdemami
This discussion has been closed.