Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons to think before buying project gorgon

1235»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Sovrath said:
    Scot said:
    Sovrath said:
    Ungood said:
    Sovrath said:
    Mendel said:
    Some games deserve to die.  I'm not quite sure if P:G is one of those or not, but it isn't winning points for the graphics or innovation.  Like @tzervo said earlier, the game has some unique quirks, but beyond that it's not chocked full of innovative new features that every future game will copy and emulate.

If they were to rip out all the unity store assets in favor of better graphics, then this *might* be worth a VIP subscription *only* if you were interested in a very niche game.

P:G feels to me, at this point in time, like a game that is being kept afloat against it's will.  Life support for an MMORPG that doesn't involve Daybreak?  Now that's a thing!

That's just a really weird way of looking at it.

It's like saying that to merit its existence it has to have elements that others want to take and copy and expand.

It can't just be its own thing.

This is a fair question.

The simple answer is: No.

If something is new and good, it will be copied, because that is how things improve. Something new/better comes along, and others copy and adopt it, because it is better than what is currently. This is what innovation really is in a nut shell.

Something that is New that is Not Better, does not get copied, and often looked at as trying to reinvent the wheel. 

Except games are also art and sometimes art is "a bit out there" and has a very small audience. However, that audience does appreciate it and love it even though "the masses" don't.

So the simple answer is: YES.
    Or sometimes the "masses" are right and it is not art. ;)

It's subjective. Again, as long as people want to play it and as long as the developers want to develop it, it deserves to exist.

Or would you be the type of person to be told what to like and not to like, what to play and not to play?

I doubt it.
    I am just winding you up mate, we have had ding-dongs about the nature of art before. :)
    KyleranSovrath