Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swords of Legends Online Stream Today Talks Changes Between Closed Beta Tests | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageSwords of Legends Online Stream Today Talks Changes Between Closed Beta Tests | MMORPG.com

A stream today by the Gameforge team will dive into the differences between the two closed beta tests of the upcoming MMORPG, Swords of Legends Online. The two tests, one which ended last week and another that starts tomorrow, June 1st, will see players able to hop into the upcoming MMO and test out its content before its official launch this summer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    These guys are way too silly, I wish they'd tone it down a bit. Can't believe I'm saying that.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Still no release date... grrr
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Sovrath said:

These guys are way too silly, I wish they'd tone it down a bit. Can't believe I'm saying that.

the game is silly, I bet it will be like revelation in the long run
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    If you want to know what this game's future will be after about 6 months under Gameforge, just look at Kingdom Under Fire 2. Gameforge and B2P don't go together.
    Necroma
  • NecromaNecroma Member UncommonPosts: 45

Albatroes said:

If you want to know what this game's future will be after about 6 months under Gameforge, just look at Kingdom Under Fire 2. Gameforge and B2P don't go together.

can you stop being a monkey? That game devs are literally scammers that jump from region to region to cash in and then abandon projects, it's literally bless tier devs and game, every single region before even touching NA were p2w shitfests with no content/fixes for months and later years. How can you even be this monke and still spew this bs. dude....
    ZenJelly
    Necroma said:

Albatroes said:

can you stop being a monkey? That game devs are literally scammers that jump from region to region to cash in and then abandon projects, it's literally bless tier devs and game, every single region before even touching NA were p2w shitfests with no content/fixes for months and later years. How can you even be this monke and still spew this bs. dude....

I'm being called a 'monkey' when Gameforge (the publisher publishing that game made by the 'bless tier devs' as you put it.....endorse it....?) I'm not really understanding if you're insulting them, me, or both, but good effort I guess.....maybe you're just posting to raise your post count or something.
    ZenJelly
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    This game is horrible, tried first beta, refunded.
    ZenJelly
  • SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192

hoenens1 said:

Still no release date... grrr

According to comments from the stream and the dev, it's coming out in late June, early July - so not too long.
  • SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192

Albatroes said:

Why would you look at a separate game, from completely different developers?

The Gameforge link is a more legitimate concern. They are pretty terrible.

BUT....

Probably better to look at the original version of the game in China, which by almost all accounts, and the numerous youtubers that have looked in to it, seems to be doing quite well.

It launched back in 2019, and they haven't made it p2w since then - depending on how you define p2w of course. That's a whole other topic. No pay for flat power though. It's more like Guild Wars 2 and other western mmo's - it's less egregious in some cases. You are paying for convenience stuff and to play barbie doll dress up /s

How the hell a game made in Asia managed to be made and turn out successful without making it a p2w dumpster fire is beyond me. But they seem to have managed it.

Now, as to whether the game is "good" or "fun" that up to the induvial, and your mileage may vary I suppose. We will all find out shortly.
    ashiru_1978alkarionlogiamspamicussupx2
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200

SalmonMan said:

Albatroes said:

BUT....

Probably better to look at the original version of the game in China, which by almost all accounts, and the numerous youtubers that have looked in to it, seems to be doing quite well.

It launched back in 2019, and they haven't made it p2w since then - depending on how you define p2w of course. That's a whole other topic. No pay for flat power though. It's more like Guild Wars 2 and other western mmo's - it's less egregious in some cases. You are paying for convenience stuff and to play barbie doll dress up /s

How the hell a game made in Asia managed to be made and turn out successful without making it a p2w dumpster fire is beyond me. But they seem to have managed it.

Now, as to whether the game is "good" or "fun" that up to the induvial, and your mileage may vary I suppose. We will all find out shortly.

Just look after Aion and you will understand.
    ashiru_1978
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

mussolini said:

SalmonMan said:

Albatroes said:

BUT....

Just look after Aion and you will understand.

The thing with this game Swords of Legends Online, or SOLO, is that it's so generic and boring, it's not worth being B2P.

It's like a Chinese version of ASTA, which was a Korean version of WoW. ASTA was OK for a F2P game, but SOLO is literally the same thing, but with a Chinese thematic.

1. It's not real Wuxia.

2. The weapons of characters are straight out of Western High Fantasy.

3. The character classes archetypes are also if you took WoW's classes and dressed them in Chinese clothes.

Jade Dynasty, Swordsman Online, Heroes of Three Kingdoms and Age of Wushu did a lot better job at depicting the Wuxia universe. Well, HoTK wasn't exactly Wuxia, but it was the War of the Three Kingdoms, it has ancient Chinese weapons, which were the classes and it looked a lot more authentic.

I'd not pay for SOLO, ever. I think the game will be mediocre at best, Gameforge will see that there aren't enough people interested in a cheap B2P Chinese clone of a Korean WoW clone (ASTA) of WoW and then they will start shoving P2W everywhere and it will end up like ArcheAge UnchaNGED - where they promise there will be no P2W, ever, but it ends up being as heavy P2W as the F2P version.

I've seen Gameforge's games since 2008 when I first played Metin2 Online and Gamerforge don't give two squirts of piss when it comes to P2W - they will push it to the limit.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It's hilarious watching all these crappy games get their quick cash grab and the idiots are like this game is great then a few weeks later have already moved on to the next cash grab.

I see it as an addiction,people are addicted to spending money on games week after week.Personally i look for a game i'll play long term and am not addicted to every store/Steam advertisement i see.

I notice it as being very obvious,Steam gets paid to showcase a few games every week and it is THOSE games that get huge sales but of course those games die out just as quickly as they appeared.

When we see 3/4/5+ million copies sold and 2 months later there is less than 100k playing that really says how dumb the gaming consumer is,the MAJORITY are making really bad decisions.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Wizardry said:
    It's hilarious watching all these crappy games get their quick cash grab and the idiots are like this game is great then a few weeks later have already moved on to the next cash grab.

I see it as an addiction,people are addicted to spending money on games week after week.Personally i look for a game i'll play long term and am not addicted to every store/Steam advertisement i see.

I notice it as being very obvious,Steam gets paid to showcase a few games every week and it is THOSE games that get huge sales but of course those games die out just as quickly as they appeared.

When we see 3/4/5+ million copies sold and 2 months later there is less than 100k playing that really says how dumb the gaming consumer is,the MAJORITY are making really bad decisions.

I agree ,  for ex , was a hoot watching all the idiots buy Atlas and then watch it fall off the earth .. 

When will people learn ..

Cant fix stupid as the say

But U R correct sir
    Big.Daddy.SamediSovrath[Deleted User]
    edited June 2021

SalmonMan said:

Albatroes said:

BUT....

This guy says "Look at the original version of the game in China" like he doesn't realize that different regions monetize games completely different (mainly because of their laws). Its logic like this which causes so many people to get scammed, then justify themselves getting scammed by saying "Well it was only x-amount and I got x-amount of hours out of it." Do what you want with your money, the main problem I have is the same exact people coming back here after games like these either stall or go f2p shortly after/fail and complaining.

I wont say the game is terrible, I just feel its not worth a b2p price and Gameforge has failed with every b2p game they've tried to run (Kingdom Under Fire 2 is the most recent example, they also had that Guardians of Ember or w/e they renamed it to that they tried to do B2P and shortly shut it down after changing it to f2p).