Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seed - A Sandbox Simulation MMO Releases Their First DevBlog | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageSeed - A Sandbox Simulation MMO Releases Their First DevBlog | MMORPG.com

Seed, an upcoming Sandbox-Simulation MMO by Klang Games has recently followed through on their promise for more consistent updates on their in-development title, by releasing their first DevBlog. The SpatialOS-based game does not have to do with a previous MMO of the same name, Seed, which was developed by Runestone Games and closed in 2006.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Does anyone have better footage of what 37+ million in investments and 5 years of development looks like? Because going off that single picture alone......
    Gdemami
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    edited May 2021

Albatroes said:

Does anyone have better footage of what 37+ million in investments and 5 years of development looks like? Because going off that single picture alone......

I mean .. most of the time, google is your friend!

But I agree, mmorpg.com lacks big times lately, in .. informing their readers as they should!
    ChampiemaskedweaselAlbatroesBruceYeeGdemamiKaylessHatefull[Deleted User]KidRisk

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2021
    Watching the one video it says devvlog #10

I also caught some hilarious wording .......

"more consistent" >>>>>>FIRST dev blog.
    To be considered more consistent would take more than ONE lol.

The claim of "Cutting edge technology"I think not.

Why are so many developers trying to pull the wool over our eyes?

Now having shown a bit of displeasure for this marketing i will give the positive.

On paper this is a very good idea,EXO planet,a more realistic living breathing planet and a more life like process within your colony.

This game like soooooooo many good "on paper" games needs a LARGE capable developer.I am giving my two cents VERY prematurely but i have a very strong hunch this will NOT be THE game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    IceAge said:

Albatroes said:

But I agree, mmorpg.com lacks big times lately, in .. informing their readers as they should!
    Lol so like.. instead of clicking on the first word which is a link directly to the official site that shows the current state of development including videos...you opted to go to Google. Rock on man. 
    [Deleted User]

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DOA
    Gdemami
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    IceAge said:

Albatroes said:

Lol so like.. instead of clicking on the first word which is a link directly to the official site that shows the current state of development including videos...you opted to go to Google. Rock on man. 
    Actually I did that, then visited their youtube channel ( via their main website ), then watched their videos. 

Still doesn't change the fact that Google is .. indeed your friend and in terms of clicking, it would of been the same thing. 
    [Deleted User]

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    The game seems more about function than form, which isn't unusual for titles of that nature. I expect most of their funds went to developing game play rather than aesthetics.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

IceAge said:

Albatroes said:

I would usually start with a search as well first over the companies own spin/hype page. Sometimes you see the first 20 results . . "scam game" or "dead game". I would also rather always watch a playthrough then some selected mock up gameplay. If I am still interested I would go to the company page. Just my preference.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I never like seeing the top execs are from Eve online,one super sketchy business.

Then looking over some of the portfolio's i again get really bad vibes from this operation.

The best is when i stumble upon one of their investor's has been operating since 1984 as a get this>>>non profit business lmao.
    Yes because an investor's goal in life is to just make sure they can fund projects out of the kindness of their heart.

I get really bad vibes that this is going to have some real sketchy monetization ideas attached to it.This is what game devs have been doing the last 15 years while the industry has been stagnant on creativity the studios have been think tanking NEW ideas on monetization.

Eve...Albion online are hardly backgrounds i want to develop my game from.

The business started in 2013 so 8 years ago,i assume early stages spent securing investment income from the likes of non profit investors lmao.

in·ves·tor
    /inˈvestər/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a person or organization that puts money into financial plans, property, etc. with the expectation of achieving a profit.<<<keyword PROFIT.<br />

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Wizardry said:
    I never like seeing the top execs are from Eve online,one super sketchy business.

Then looking over some of the portfolio's i again get really bad vibes from this operation.

The best is when i stumble upon one of their investor's has been operating since 1984 as a get this>>>non profit business lmao.
    Yes because an investor's goal in life is to just make sure they can fund projects out of the kindness of their heart.

I get really bad vibes that this is going to have some real sketchy monetization ideas attached to it.This is what game devs have been doing the last 15 years while the industry has been stagnant on creativity the studios have been think tanking NEW ideas on monetization.

Eve...Albion online are hardly backgrounds i want to develop my game from.

The business started in 2013 so 8 years ago,i assume early stages spent securing investment income from the likes of non profit investors lmao.

in·ves·tor
    /inˈvestər/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a person or organization that puts money into financial plans, property, etc. with the expectation of achieving a profit.<<
    omg, the world you live in. 

non-profits still have to make a profit, that's not why they are called non-profits. 

I've led you to the water, now you can drink or not.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    Perhaps the investor(s) were similar to the following:

"An angel investor (also known as a private investor, seed investor or angel funder) is a high-net-worth individual who provides financial backing for small startups or entrepreneurs, typically in exchange for ownership equity in the company. Often, angel investors are found among an entrepreneur's family and friends. The funds that angel investors provide may be a one-time investment to help the business get off the ground or an ongoing injection to support and carry the company through its difficult early stages."
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    whats this about? Whats the multiplayer like? How many players can play together on a single map/world?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design