Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's What Happened During the Ashes of Creation Live Stream | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageHere's What Happened During the Ashes of Creation Live Stream | MMORPG.com

Intrepid Studios held their most recent live stream for Ashes of Creation just this past Friday. If you happened to miss it, here are the highlights.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well they ...Steven said they will likely hire someone just to handle the hiring of content creators because the female seemed like she was swamped with work ..lol.Reminded me of a comedy skit i watched some chick had more than 1 customer and was screaming for help.

I watched the entire stream aside from RR and fridge breaks.Thje Catle Siege was not done well,as it was not actual gameplay,it was an agreed upon meeting at the front gate.WE as gamers would need to know how it works with the surprise element.

Besides that a bunch of players playing spamfest whacka mole on the front lawn reminds me of Lineage 2>>super boring.

The stream was also quite painful to watch it took them FOREVER to get going.

The boss fight also looked bad,it looked like the Dragon just stood in one place and everyone just spammed away...zzzzzzzzzzzz.

So i am still sold on the idea this game offers nothing outside the node system and even that is not good enough.I would want NPC node systems with varied strength and if not attacked once in a while the npc fort/node becomes very strong and will wander out and attack random places.

Psym0nZenJelly

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Maybe I'm missing something, but aside from the "node system",
    both PvE and PvP look like a tab-target version of ESO on a different engine?
    pantaroGdemamiZenJelly
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    I only watched a small portion and it was the siege. I think graphically it looked pretty good, especially for a game that is years from release.

Did anyone ask them about the flying mounts though? They would seem to negate the purpose of a siege if I can just fly over the gates...

Did they announce a plan to get back on track/recover for losing their Lead Designer just as the game is about to hit Alpha 1? Is Stephen really just assuming he can fill the void?
    YashaXGdemami[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2021
    I only watched a small portion and it was the siege. I think graphically it looked pretty good, especially for a game that is years from release.

Did anyone ask them about the flying mounts though? They would seem to negate the purpose of a siege if I can just fly over the gates...

Did they announce a plan to get back on track/recover for losing their Lead Designer just as the game is about to hit Alpha 1? Is Stephen really just assuming he can fill the void?

Well, I think it was 2-3 years ago, Steven was saying that flying mounts would be 'extremely rare' and would need certain conditions to be met in order to use one or something. Like you could find one as a drop with an extremely low chance or get one by being a guild leader/officer of a dominant guild. I could be wrong or he could've changed his mind. In theory, its alright I guess, since it wouldn't matter if 2-3 people were flying over a gate vs 50 people waiting for them. My guess is they would either disable it entirely during those times or they would be instanced.
    [Deleted User]Scot
  • MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307
    AOC is 1-2 years away content wise. Even the class system isn't fleshed out and you can only play 4 classes atm. It may even be 3+ years out at the pace they're working.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    edited May 2021
    Mayors, kings and queens get flying mount but they need to build stable in metropolis (imagine that, taking 1 slot just to make few flying mounts, i think they said it is going to be only max 12 flying mounts per sever and dont forget about some "egg" which is super rare and you got flying mount for X days. Amazing! @Markn Every year since 2017 people say that.
    [Deleted User]
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    For flying mounts there will be no more than 20 active at any give time

5 Monarchs of the 5 Castle Regions - Each get a Flying Mount
    5 Mayors of the Metropolis Stage Nodes which is capped at 5 per server - Each get a flying mount

5-10 Eggs will drop and be in circulation at any given time as loot from World Bosses.

The way they have described it those mounts can exist for 14-30 days and their world manager will keep track of how many of those eggs/mounts are in circulation at any given time and then when the quota is reached that item is removed from the loot table.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • SabbythSabbyth Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited May 2021

jahlon said:

For flying mounts there will be no more than 20 active at any give time

5 Monarchs of the 5 Castle Regions - Each get a Flying Mount

5 Mayors of the Metropolis Stage Nodes which is capped at 5 per server - Each get a flying mount

5-10 Eggs will drop and be in circulation at any given time as loot from World Bosses.

The way they have described it those mounts can exist for 14-30 days and their world manager will keep track of how many of those eggs/mounts are in circulation at any given time and then when the quota is reached that item is removed from the loot table.

I understand why the limit is in place but at the same time it makes me even less interested. Why not just make no-fly zones or give the defending players the ability to enact that zone. OR make flying mounts incredibly vulnerable to ranged attacks/ballistae and let gravity do the rest.
    Post edited by Sabbyth on
    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
    — Shigeru Miyamoto
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Albatroes said:

Well, I think it was 2-3 years ago, Steven was saying that flying mounts would be 'extremely rare' and would need certain conditions to be met in order to use one or something. Like you could find one as a drop with an extremely low chance or get one by being a guild leader/officer of a dominant guild. I could be wrong or he could've changed his mind. In theory, its alright I guess, since it wouldn't matter if 2-3 people were flying over a gate vs 50 people waiting for them. My guess is they would either disable it entirely during those times or they would be instanced.
    It depends on how balanced the gear/level system is. When ESO first came out one player could take on and defeat groups of enemy players, for example:

[Deleted User]
  • KatingaKatinga Member UncommonPosts: 3

Markn said:

AOC is 1-2 years away content wise. Even the class system isn't fleshed out and you can only play 4 classes atm. It may even be 3+ years out at the pace they're working.

Classes is easy to work, now server stability, fps , optimization, that takes time and is much more important... The game can have all features in the world but if is released in a poor state is half way to dead, archeage was the prove of that
  • MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307

Katinga said:

Markn said:

Classes is easy to work, now server stability, fps , optimization, that takes time and is much more important... The game can have all features in the world but if is released in a poor state is half way to dead, archeage was the prove of that

Classes easy work ? Proper class development can take years. They're in alpha with only 4 playable classes and them are note even halfway done yet.
    [Deleted User]Scot
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Markn said:

Katinga said:

Markn said:

Classes easy work ? Proper class development can take years. They're in alpha with only 4 playable classes and them are note even halfway done yet.
    And the lead designer has left suddenly.   Lets hope he left thorough notes :)

GdemamiScot

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• xdave78xdave78 Member UncommonPosts: 106

Markn said:

Katinga said:

Markn said:

The Alpha is not the dev build. Also 4 classes would be fine for a release - should not be a big thing to have 2 more classes for release also. I´´'m pretty sure the already have them in the drawer.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    edited June 2021

xdave78 said:

Markn said:

Katinga said:

Markn said:

The Alpha is not the dev build. Also 4 classes would be fine for a release - should not be a big thing to have 2 more classes for release also. I´´'m pretty sure the already have them in the drawer.

If it is three years from launch I can't see 2 new classes being too big an ask, but that's no guarantee the game will have them. What about class balance, do the classes seem balanced as they are?
  • shokadezzshokadezz Member UncommonPosts: 25

Markn said:

Doh. Thanks for the info haha, was just looking into this and how amazing it looks.